RegisterDonateLogin

Seems to be made to suffer.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 97 Back to the Beginning Options
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:58:49 AM
Groups: Member

Interesting, will have to look at the Jawa subfaction haha. but Camaraderie should say "allies with Jawa in their name" or whatever instead of "an ally" unless you want it to only be for 1.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:06:41 AM

Looks epic Surf, my biggest thing I would consider changing is dropping the rapport to 1 or else we have 3 point shooters with bastila-proof mobile, accurate shot and scramble, also Talon's CE. And not even going to mention easy Twin access. But 4 points would be a more reasonable shooter and still help them see some action. You don't want Jawa's to outclass Tuskens now do you? Haha
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:40:34 AM

Alright well Blem posted a work of art with his Sandcrawler so I'll leave that be, and since we have a fringe Obi-Wan entered, how about a Darth Maul circa-Clone Wars era who led the attack on Jabba's palace to keep conquering and converting the fringe forces to his cause.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/17920/darth-maul--lord-of-the-shadow-collective
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:05:32 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Looks epic Surf, my biggest thing I would consider changing is dropping the rapport to 1 or else we have 3 point shooters with bastila-proof mobile, accurate shot and scramble, also Talon's CE. And not even going to mention easy Twin access. But 4 points would be a more reasonable shooter and still help them see some action. You don't want Jawa's to outclass Tuskens now do you? Haha

Interesting; when I dusted them off after seven years, the old card was "costs 1 less." I guess my original gut instincts were right ..... Cool

Jawa Scrap Skiff 3.0

swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:15:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

Interesting; when I dusted them off after seven years, the old card was "costs 1 less." I guess my original gut instincts were right ..... Cool

Jawa Scrap Skiff 2.0

Just checking... Your Camaraderie 'Jawa' wording differs from elsewhere. Currently if I didn't miss someone, the only character with a 'Jawa' ID but not in name is v-set Blizz. I'm assuming the wording discrepancy was an oversight lost in the work of editing card images, so just seeking clarification. Love the scrap-loaded Skiff picture. BigGrin
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 7:17:43 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Jawa Scrap Skiff 2.0

The only thing I'm not liking is lack of Machinery/Mounted Weapon - take your pick. "Heal"ing vehicles is just weird to me.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:03:51 AM

swinefeld wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Jawa Scrap Skiff 2.0

Just checking... Your Camaraderie 'Jawa' wording differs from elsewhere. Currently if I didn't miss someone, the only character with a 'Jawa' ID but not in name is v-set Blizz. I'm assuming the wording discrepancy was an oversight lost in the work of editing card images, so just seeking clarification. Love the scrap-loaded Skiff picture. BigGrin

Should have consulted the "Wordsmith" on exactly how to frame the abilities definition .... "Allies containing the name Jawa ..." ??

Lord_Ball wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
Jawa Scrap Skiff 2.0

The only thing I'm not liking is lack of Machinery/Mounted Weapon - take your pick. "Heal"ing vehicles is just weird to me.

See, this is the problem. I already mentioned the "Yeah yeah .... No Mounted ..." because I consider it a useless ability and frankly it chews up card space .... same goes for Machinery as far as I'm concerned.

My question to you all, has anybody ever even Wated a move trying to heal a character that wasn't 80 or over? The way damage accrues, if its less than 60 its pretty much dead if not on the first shot, then the second and "Machinery" is yet another useless ability ...

I'm tired of auto-including certain abilities; does Every Trandoshan Have to Have Double Claw, Rend & Regen? Every Yoda doesn't have Every force ability he's ever used .... We need to highlight what's important, not include crap just to include it .....

I'm done preaching ... continue on, nothing to see here folks ..... Cool
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:31:12 AM

Hahaha you certainly can do what you will Surf. I just really enjoy seeing your creative cards every week. How come you aren't the one producing the card art for the vsets? Would be so epic.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:00:54 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Hahaha you certainly can do what you will Surf. I just really enjoy seeing your creative cards every week. How come you aren't the one producing the card art for the vsets? Would be so epic.

I'll be honest; the V-Setters card expert wanted to quit at one point (Don't know how that turned out) and they asked if I'd be interested. I said yes, but I had to be able to do it on Photoshop, and that ended That conversation Cool It's all good; I do my work on PowerPoint. Life moves on. BlooMilk
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:48:01 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Jawa Scrap Skiff 2.0

Should have consulted the "Wordsmith" on exactly how to frame the abilities definition .... "Allies containing the name Jawa ..." ??

Lord_Ball wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
Jawa Scrap Skiff 2.0

See, this is the problem. I already mentioned the "Yeah yeah .... No Mounted ..." because I consider it a useless ability and frankly it chews up card space .... same goes for Machinery as far as I'm concerned.

My question to you all, has anybody ever even Wated a move trying to heal a character that wasn't 80 or over? The way damage accrues, if its less than 60 its pretty much dead if not on the first shot, then the second and "Machinery" is yet another useless ability ...

I'm tired of auto-including certain abilities; does Every Trandoshan Have to Have Double Claw, Rend & Regen? Every Yoda doesn't have Every force ability he's ever used .... We need to highlight what's important, not include crap just to include it .....

It would probably be best as "whose name contains Jawa" as that is the standard.

As to the Machinery/MW issue - for me even if it's not likely to play a role, it just makes the piece feel weird to me. I changed up my Hoar to include Twin, and it made the piece feel weird as well (So I made him unable to gain twin because of that). Trando's probably should have Regen (just like every Jedi should have a Force Rating) - since it's an innate feature of the species rather than something more ability based as would be the other 2 you mentioned (therefore Double Claw and Rend, would not be "auto-includes" for any Trando). Machinery/MW are kind of the same thing in that respect, an innate feature of the vehicle. That's just my take on it, to me it just makes the piece feel incomplete, unfortunately that's just how it goes sometimes.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 11:16:32 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

If it doesn't have Mounted Weapon, it won't get Self-Destruct Sequence 30 from whichever Jawa commander gives it that, which is probably one of the more important synergies especially since you likely want the commander in your Jawa squad anyway. Not all important, just something to consider when leaving off MW.
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:15:50 PM

I also think MW/Machinery is needed.

LB hit it on the head with Trandoshans... Regen is a SPecies TRAIT, so yes, EVERY Trandoshan should have it.

Yoda shouldn't always have every Force Power, but should ALWAYS have a Force Rating

And any Vehicle should have MW/Machinery.

It takes up card space, but thats part of the territory of making a Vehicle.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:39:48 PM

shmi15 wrote:

Rebel Cart doesn't have either. Neither does the Huge Crab Droid, Homing Spider Droid, or Junk Golem. The other skiff has mounted weapon (and indeed it Has a mounted weapon but not machinery.) I gave it an attack because the lil mothers riding it may take potshots and if they shoot at the same thing they May hit hard enough to hit for 20...

I digress .... no, every vehicle Does Not need to have Mounted and or Machinery .....

as regards to species .... every Bith should have Micro-Vision, yet only two of the 5 have it ....
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:03:13 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

Rebel Cart doesn't have either. Neither does the Huge Crab Droid, Homing Spider Droid, or Junk Golem. The other skiff has mounted weapon (and indeed it Has a mounted weapon but not machinery.) I gave it an attack because the lil mothers riding it may take potshots and if they shoot at the same thing they May hit hard enough to hit for 20...

I digress .... no, every vehicle Does Not need to have Mounted and or Machinery .....

as regards to species .... every Bith should have Micro-Vision, yet only two of the 5 have it ....

Are we debating messed up designs in the past now? Using a bad example of why something is ok, does not make it ok, lol. Yes I agree, those characters SHOULD have those abilities. Unfortunately, I didn't create them, nor did I have any input in them. So I can only look at those as failed designs. If I could "errata" somethings, I would begin with that. Because its so simple, and it makes sense ( I would also allow any character with a Lightsaber to replace turn, and blow a door open) But I am not in charge of anything, other than voting in a CCC, lol. And with that, I am only in charge of my vote and opinion.

So far tho, I see quite a few people agree that this character should have it. Obviously its your decision... But it seems like quite a few people ( at least in the CCC) have the same opinion that this character should have one of those abilities
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 3:04:55 PM

The Huge Crab/Homing Spider/Junk Golem wouldn't need it as they have Droid (they weren't really vehicles - just big Droid), and by that nature they are fine. The Rebel cart well it's not the first time something was left off the card, and won't be the last either.

No vehicle should have both, just one or the other.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 4:13:49 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
The Huge Crab/Homing Spider/Junk Golem wouldn't need it as they have Droid (they weren't really vehicles - just big Droid), and by that nature they are fine. The Rebel cart well it's not the first time something was left off the card, and won't be the last either.

I Still disagree with that Mounted Weapon/Machinery crap, but frankly and ultimately, I don't really care as such as long as I have room for my flavor text ... I teach history/government so if the people want it, be it on your heads ........

Jawa Scrap Skiff 3.0

shmi15
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 4:30:49 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:

I Still disagree with that Mounted Weapon/Machinery crap, but frankly and ultimately, I don't really care as such as long as I have room for my flavor text ... I teach history/government so if the people want it, be it on your heads ........

Jawa Scrap Skiff 3.0

ThumbsUp ThumpUp
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 5:50:04 PM

Didn't mean to come off as a stickler about it. With or without it (obviously I prefer with) it's a cool custom. You could reclaim a bit of space from Camaraderie (whose name contains Jawa in their name) is a bit redundant Wink
shmi15
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2018 7:21:38 PM

When you get off work and realize you haven't created a character this week Sneaky Last second effort, probably a lot wrog and will try to correct anything before the time limit is up

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31950/judland-general
jak
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 4:36:58 AM

it's big!
it's hungry!
it's a chick?

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27356/pateesa