RegisterDonateLogin

Recommends never trying to milk a rancor.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 111 - Bust A Move! Options
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 2:29:54 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm a bit short on specific ideas, so let's try this.

Make a character that facilitates movement in some way. It could have its own built-in movement breaker, something that moves an ally/allies, boosts their speed, pretty much anything. Where you go with the character beyond that is up to you. Have fun!

Quote:
General Rules:

You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, June 30th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, July 2nd, 2018.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:16:49 PM

swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:25:23 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33165/cinzia-xandret-in-bacta-tank

I didn't place any restrictions on the topic outside of including movement enhancement somehow, so I really like that the first entry is quite creative. BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:34:38 AM
Groups: Member

Well, I'm temporarily back from vacation. Movement breaker? Well, I don't believe in reinventing the wheel. I just put this guy in my own thread.

"Books out/coming out on Thrawn. This is Thrawn in “Rebels” TV show. A new Thrawn was probably necessary. Made a Thrawn without Ysalamiri. and does Every Thrawn need to swap players? The CE is a lil heavy, but if Thrawn cant do it, who could?"

GG agreed the CE is a lil bit heavy, but as I already said, if anybody should be able to do a heavy CE, it's Thrawn.
The only change I made from last weeks to this Thrawn is add the word Imperial to non-unique followers.

Thrawn, Imperial Grand Admiral

Cheers,

surf
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 11:00:53 AM

shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 11:02:05 AM

I love me some Sub factions, and I still love the Darth Bane trilogy.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33169/lord-kaan-of-the-brotherhood-of-darkness
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 11:03:15 AM

@surfrider, I will digest the CE soon. In the meantime I do not like such specific "hunter abilities" nor do I think it is thematic or needed. Could you make it Rebel Hunter? that is at least less specific.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 12:53:33 PM

jen'ari wrote:
@surfrider, I will digest the CE soon. In the meantime I do not like such specific "hunter abilities" nor do I think it is thematic or needed. Could you make it Rebel Hunter? that is at least less specific.

This is the Thrawn from the TV show "Rebels." The V-Sets seemingly have decided to make the Ghost Crew into IMHO a more powerful force than they should in fact be. The Ghost Crew Hunter SA is just a specific counter to that. The TV Thrawn was out to get Them, not just any Rebel group, so yes, technically it Has to be that specific.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 12:59:50 PM

The TV thrawn was out to get whoever was a threat. He didn't sorry about the gist free for a long time. When ghost crew became a large part of the rebellion they became a larger threat.
Thrawn cared about destroying rebels is my point. Good crew just became really powerful rebels.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:28:37 PM

jen'ari wrote:

There is precedent for specific Hunter abilities- the game has Skywalker Hunter, Solo Hunter and Ysalamiri Hunter.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 3:37:46 PM

This guy's an idea that's been pinging around in my head for a while,

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33170/stormtrooper-patroller

While not a consistent movement breaker, it's something that allows a player to respond to an opponent's door shenanigans (especially if they like to blow up doors "just because").
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:44:39 PM

Ghost Crew Hunter really isn't that powerful IMO. You only typically see Kanan, Ahsoka, and Hera together. The only thing lost is +4 to save rolls for Kanan and Ahsoka and Defensive stance from Hera and Kanan. And that's inside 6 squares. That trio is still more than formidable especially with Sabine running about.
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:46:21 PM

To be honest though, I'd rather see a slightly powerful team of uniques rather than 15 stormtroopers rolling 16s for 40dmg. That's just me
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 5:21:20 PM

I set the topic without really having an idea for my own entry, but stumbled onto a character thread recently that got me thinking. This is probably under-costed and a bit too "kitchen sink" out of the blocks, but reasonably close to what I'd like it to do, however cost and the SA combos end up.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33164 - Modified ASP-7 "Protector" Droid

The original ASP-7 is still a good piece in the right situations, but this one will be a serious nuisance if you let it hang around too long.

Yes, I'm totally making stuff up here. ;)
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 5:35:24 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

There is precedent for specific Hunter abilities- the game has Skywalker Hunter, Solo Hunter and Ysalamiri Hunter.

there is precedent for lots of things that are not right, imo.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:03:04 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Well, I'm temporarily back from vacation. Movement breaker? Well, I don't believe in reinventing the wheel. I just put this guy in my own thread.

"Books out/coming out on Thrawn. This is Thrawn in “Rebels” TV show. A new Thrawn was probably necessary. Made a Thrawn without Ysalamiri. and does Every Thrawn need to swap players? The CE is a lil heavy, but if Thrawn cant do it, who could?"

GG agreed the CE is a lil bit heavy, but as I already said, if anybody should be able to do a heavy CE, it's Thrawn.
The only change I made from last weeks to this Thrawn is add the word Imperial to non-unique followers.

Cheers,

surf

That is a big CE, but is fairly old-school mechanics, and with the Rival might even resuscitate some squads outside of troopers. (Not that it 'should') I'll think on that more. BlooMilk
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:27:03 PM

shmi15
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 5:56:10 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Cheers,

surf

The CE is a pretty big thing. Lots of stuff going on there... I feel like you could make one of the movements a SA, instead of jumbling them all together in 3 separate CE.

And, if I am not mistaken... Thrawn is a "semi good guy" and never actually "chased" the Ghost Crew members, but rather gave the impression he was doing his best to catch them... I could be wrong there, it has been a while, and I did not watch the final 2 episodes of the last season. So there could be something I missed.

Other than that, I dunno what to say about him. He has Twin, so thats a plus for him. Tactician should be MT... But I understand wanting to try something new.

I do like him, I don't think he competes with the other 2 Thrawns, especially the 32 point one, but I know your not going for that, so I won't use that to way in this week.
Oakel
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:52:32 AM

Here is my entry - the category seems broad enough to consider this a movement breaker. Let me know if you feel it is out of place.

The goal behind this unit is to give another option to create pressure on pieces that tend to sit in the backline and never leave. This character has lower health than similarly costed mandos, but can take advantage of mobile attack and flight to harass while staying relatively safe.

Mandalorian Drop Trooper

General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 12:05:50 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Cheers,

surf

Same comments as before Surf, awesome piece and I like the Ghost crew counter especially since they are pretty hot and competitive right now. But would consider trimming CE down slightly.