RegisterDonateLogin

Mesa propose that the Senate give immediately emergency powers to Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Gencon Goodies (GAW spoilers) Options
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:57:56 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Biggsy wrote:
Just wondering, will the Mouse Droid affect Rex's CE?

Yes, as it has a range from the commander.
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 1:36:41 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I thought they were customs when I saw them the first time Thursday night during the CW Mass Battle. Then someone said that they were from GaW and thats when I started to pay attention to them.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 2:59:30 AM
Groups: Member

Sithborg wrote:
mercenary_moose wrote:
Pretty sweet stuff. I think that the new Rex will see a lot of play in the current Republic; his CE is huge for the whole faction, not just clones for a change. But I don't think that Asajj will see a ton of play, especially with the map pack one. What killed her for me is the CE. It's nice to see that non-Droid Seps are getting a boost, but that commander effect means that she can't use the TBSV, and she doesn't have enough FPs to keep Master Speeding up to people. If the Seps get a Force Battery, I'll change my mind on this though.

Also, anyone notice how the Seps come before the Republic in this set?

EDIT: Screwed up. Rex's CE only works on clones.

Force Battery like, oh, Darth Sidious?

Yeah, except the current Sid isn't a viable option as a Force Battery. You bring him in to Pawn people, not charge them up. What I'm looking for is a HoloSid-type FB that'll break the non-Droid Se[s into competitive play.
dalsiandon
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 5:32:13 AM

I like both of these cats. I find that any help that clones gets makes them just closer to usable, and in this faction the bonus movement is actually usable, with the mobile attacks bonuses floating around in this faction. And some clones are very usable now.

Assaj has a great upgrade to her CE, but who on earth is it gonna be helping? I can't think of any follower that is usable in the faction to even attempt to use this CE with.
Volvagia14
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 5:44:10 AM

dalsiandon wrote:
I like both of these cats. I find that any help that clones gets makes them just closer to usable, and in this faction the bonus movement is actually usable, with the mobile attacks bonuses floating around in this faction. And some clones are very usable now.

Assaj has a great upgrade to her CE, but who on earth is it gonna be helping? I can't think of any follower that is usable in the faction to even attempt to use this CE with.

well we have only seen 2 of 40 pieces, so we may be getting more seps that will benefit from it more.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 5:46:52 AM

dalsiandon wrote:

It doesn't say NON-unique - some of the heavy-hitters are followers. Durge JH, Maul CotS, Dooku/Tyranus etc... I wouldn't say they aren't usable BigGrin
markedman247
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 5:55:21 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Durge JH, Maul CotS, Dooku/Tyranus etc... I wouldn't say they aren't usable BigGrin

I would also like to add in Aurra Sing (either variety) for another couple of pieces that may help
Capin_ahab
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:08:00 AM

Cade BH gets a nice bit of help from assaj.
BobaFett62
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:09:19 AM

dalsiandon wrote:

Durge JH, Maul CotS, Dooku/Tyranus etc... I wouldn't say they aren't usable BigGrin
and don't forget cade, bh. Thats a scary thought
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:19:16 AM

markedman247 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

I would also like to add in Aurra Sing (either variety) for another couple of pieces that may help

Capin_ahab wrote:
Cade BH gets a nice bit of help from assaj.

Oh yeah!
I hadn't even begun to ponder the fringe element yet - Sneaky
markedman247
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:28:18 AM

For AV, there is:
Dash-RS
Bobas (BH rolls a 19 for 60) :)
Jango, JH (something about a 70 on a Jedi that's fun)
Maris Brood (flailing away with a 10% chance of 60 which may render the other 3 misses moot)
Kreia (Dynamic Duo? mentioned on WotC because she has Flurry)
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 7:10:01 AM

And on the far-fetched end of things, Krayt Dragon runs up and rolls 19/20 near a Mouse and a Wrangler for 110 LOL
dalsiandon
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:38:04 AM

Just bear in mind the cost factor. She is almost 60 points, and most of the usable fleshly's that are available for the seps are also above 40 points or so. So I agree there are some possibilities, but will they be worth it to utilize? Besides this is a CE based on Crit hits, and those are never all that great. Granted it does allow the crit on a 19 as well, but again, she's in a droid faction why doesn't this help droids? We've seen her boss them around now on a few occassions.
Sithfan
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:54:18 AM

But can she command them very well? She can't seem to command them to do anything right in the show, however, she seems to do her best as a loner assassin...
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:59:11 AM

dalsiandon wrote:
Just bear in mind the cost factor. She is almost 60 points, and most of the usable fleshly's that are available for the seps are also above 40 points or so. So I agree there are some possibilities, but will they be worth it to utilize? Besides this is a CE based on Crit hits, and those are never all that great. Granted it does allow the crit on a 19 as well, but again, she's in a droid faction why doesn't this help droids? We've seen her boss them around now on a few occassions.

Well, I feel between the the living Seps and Fringe followers capable of making multiple attacks, there are quite a few options. It's not game-changing as it is so luck based, but fun? ThumpUp

As to the Droids not getting any love with this CE, they got enough with GGDAC. Lancers are scary enough as it is Laugh
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:20:37 AM

Don't forget, we are getting a new Grievious as well, and I would put money on getting a Tactical Droid as well. Honestly, I like this Asajj. You have to spend 20 pts for Assasin to get Evade, and this one has better stats, and most importantly, SPEED. That is probably the main reason I will build with her and San. Move her 16 to set up for the next init. Or, chase down a certain speeder...
Gemini1179
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:59:54 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Sep commander that makes allied CE's affect droids if they already don't.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:02:39 AM

Gemini1179 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Sep commander that makes allied CE's affect droids if they already don't.

thats what im hoping for.
A destroyer droid with momentum would be nuts.
howabout Droids getting the new assajs CE? CRAZY!!
zorc62
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:44:54 AM

Sithborg wrote:
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1232791

Captain Rex, 501st Commander
Republic, R
Cost: 41
HP: 80 Def: 16 Atk: +13 Dam: 30
SA: Unique, Double, Flight, Greater Mobile, Order 66
CE: Allies with Order 66 who end their move within 6 may move 2 extra squares at the end of their turn.
26/40

Asajj Ventress, Strike Leader
Seperatist, R
Cost: 57
HP: 120 Def: 19 Atk: +11 Dam: 20
SA: Unique, Melee, Double, Twin, Evade, Niman Style (+2 Atk and +2 Def if this character has more than half their HP remaining)
FP: Force 3, Grip 1, Master Speed, Sith Rage
CE: Followers within 6 score critical hits on a roll of a 19 or 20 and do triple damage instead of double.
1/40

Fun pieces. Interesting to see the numbers.

Fun pieces, yes, but not much more than that. Rex's CE is not that different from one of Clone Commander Gree's effects (and Gree has multiples) since Gree's is rangeless and Rex requires order 66 while Gree requires Trooper or Soldier and Follower. Unless you are running Scorches (not Sevs since they do not move much), go with CC Gree if you want the CE. If you want damage output, go with the old Rex, who only loses 10 damage, 10 hp, 1 attack, and Flight while gaining 1 defense and the ever-important Twin while costing 8 points less.

As for Asajj,she gains too little and loses too much in comparison to her CS version to be worthwhile, especially for the cost:

+ 23 points
+20 HP
-1 Defense
-1 attack
- Loner
+ Twin
+ Evade
+ Niman
+ 1 Force
- Riposte
+ Master Speed
+ Sith Rage
+ Grip 1
+ CE grants Vicious Attack

Since Mouse Droids solve the contradiction problem with the old Asajj, I feel this one really does not add much as an improvement. Granted, it is a step up, but an expensive one. The old Asajj could attack twice at 16 attack. This one attacks four times at a 13 attack. Asajj SA attacks at least 4 times at 16 attack (more from rolling cleave).

If you want a crit based commander, go with CS Asajj. This one is too expensive. If you want an effective attacker, go with Asajj SA. This one is too inaccurate. If you want a piece that can do both, or a BBSV (to give Asajj SA Evade) won't synergize with the rest of your squad, this one is your best bet.

One last note: This Asajj is more expensive than any existing Dooku. Could this be a sign we are finally getting a Dooku with a CE?
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:56:32 AM

1. CS Asajj is a bad mini. Comparing Strike Leader to CS is a terrible comparison.
2. Do not dismiss her Niman, Evade, and Master Speed combo. Sep Assasin is a good mini, there is no denying that. However, her only defensive power is Stealth, you have to spend 20pts to get Evade, which Strike Leader has built in. Stealth isn't that great right now, as Han is back in force. Not to mention, with the combos people like to run with Sep Assasin, Loner is wasted. Strike Leader starts with better base stats with Niman, and is much more mobile. Master Speed is not to be underestimated. Strike Leader is a pretty decent mini, with definate pros and cons vs Sep Assasin. That is how minis should be.