RegisterDonateLogin

Charming to the last.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Gencon Goodies (GAW spoilers) Options
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:20:28 AM
Groups: Member

One of the most useful things that should be done for this set is reprint the Droid Control Officer. You could also reprint the ug but that would be icing on the cake.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:28:46 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I think the BDO might be upgraded into the Tactical Droid.
LandShark
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:45:04 AM

I am pumped about this set....

My Grand Army of the Republic shall be even more Grand! Muahahaha!

I dont dislike playing Seps either, so hopefully they get another awesome boosting.
Draconarius
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:48:14 AM

Biggsy wrote:
Just wondering, will the Mouse Droid affect Rex's CE?

It counts range, so most certainly. But you'd just use Mas most of the time, I think.
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:53:45 AM

I get the feeling that the TactDroid may be a N/U Rare. No reason to but didn't it have a name and wasn't it very pivotal? I never saw the ep he was in.

dalsiandon
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:07:47 AM

markedman247 wrote:
I get the feeling that the TactDroid may be a N/U Rare. No reason to but didn't it have a name and wasn't it very pivotal? I never saw the ep he was in.

There was quite a few rooming around. And in a couple of episodes. But they were important in what they were doing. I heard on one of the webcasts for CW's that the tacticle droids would become very influencal as the series progresses.

One last thing I have to say about the new Ventress, she is most clearly different then her two predecessors, she blows the CS one away no question. She is more powerful and her CE is more crippiling when it works. Her speed and Niman is a great way to get her beating up on opponents early.

SA is awesome, and very different, and that I like. I don't like it when remakes are too similiar, but then again I like some thigns to transfer from one to another. (slight contradiction but not really as I'm sure many of you understand)
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:07:55 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

markedman247 wrote:

They have shown up in a few episodes. Nothing too major. If anything, I think the Commando Droids were more pivotal in their intro episode. I don't see why they wouldn't be C/U.
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:12:18 AM

The tactical droids look like trash cans to me LOL
Space Jawa
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:20:36 AM

Sithborg wrote:
I think the BDO might be upgraded into the Tactical Droid.

You mean have Fire Control, better stats, and be priced as to leave no doubt as to which you should go with?

Personally, I'd like it if the Tactical Droid was designed to complement the Battle Droid Officer rather than replace it. Perhaps give bonuses to a different stat, give +4 to attack via a method that allows it to stack, or instead grant them an ability they don't have access to yet. There's so many things they could do with the Tactical Droid without replacing the Battle Droid Officer, and since Synergy between Droids is, if I understand correctly, one of the Seps biggest strengths, it wouldn't make all that much sense to make the Battle Droid Officer obsolete through another non-unique.

Besides, if any figure were to replace him, I'd put my money on that figure being an OOM-9 unique.
knightmare1233
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 4:38:53 AM

I would like to see droids get mobile attack or evade, not both like Rieekan that would be too much. The IG-86s can deal alot of damage but you usually have to leave them exposed to enemy fire to deal that damage. A mobile attack CE or SA for droids could help them be more competitive and I hope we get that in this set. I like the idea of an ability that would allow droids to be subject to allied CEs that don't affect droids but I think that might be too powerful. A Lancer droid gaining momentum from CS Durge would be fun but probably broken. Mouse droids gaining momentum or cunning attack would be funny. The BDO will be hard to replace because 9 points for +4 attack not subject to disruptive is quite a steal.