RegisterDonateLogin

Side effects may include: nausea, heartburn, and Aing Tii flow-walking.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

WEIRD MIDNIGHT THOUGHTS Options
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:50:04 AM
Groups: Member

So I was laying bed, not sleeping, around 2:30 this morning and started to think about some of the things that drive me nuts in the Star Wars universe. My main thought last night was why didn't Owen and Beru Lars change Luke's name to Lars from Skywalker when they got him from Kenobi?

They had to have known what had become of Anakin, unless Obi-Wan never told them. Even if he kept them in the dark about the fact that the man now known as Darth Vader had recently been to their house, you would think he would have been smart enough to know that there probably are not a lot of Skywalkers running around the galaxy and that name might draw attention and might bring Vader to Tattooine looking for someone with his last name?

Just one more thing that bugged me a little. Does anyone else lay awake at night pondering faults or irregularities of the Star Wars universe?
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 12:03:28 PM

all the time, I'm a night-owl though, always up in the wee hours of the morn. For example, last night or two nights ago, I uncovered a flaw in logic. If Obi-wan knew Jango was hunting the queen and knew that he was working with Dooku as well as being the prime clone for the mysteriously new army of the Republic why didn't he consider that maybe all this Clone War stuff was part of a scam seeing that apparently each side had ties to one another.
Durge Dude
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 12:32:55 PM

Dr. Destructo wrote:
all the time, I'm a night-owl though, always up in the wee hours of the morn. For example, last night or two nights ago, I uncovered a flaw in logic. If Obi-wan knew Jango was hunting the queen and knew that he was working with Dooku as well as being the prime clone for the mysteriously new army of the Republic why didn't he consider that maybe all this Clone War stuff was part of a scam seeing that apparently each side had ties to one another.

because he is a stupid Jedi just like the rest of them as Palpatine would sayBigGrin

and yes i do think of stuff like that too i do in with both the Star Wars and the Halo universe
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:08:01 PM

then why didn't Padme' notice, or ANYONE ELSE involved in the conflict who knew who Jango was? It blows my mind. And the Clone Wars went on for years without anyone catching on. Madness.
sharron
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:49:23 PM

Dr. Destructo wrote:

i reckon it was arrogance. they were all like, "im a jedi, we wasted sith ages ago, we'll do it again if we need to" then the sith grew in knowledge and strength and BAM! they were to cool for jedi, and destroyed them. thats my thinkingness!!!! i dont generally think of the star wars universe at 2 in the morning... but i du think alot when im up that late... which is often... does that count?? am i in the group??!
Xeonaught
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:08:25 PM

Just last night at some stupid hour i was thinking why in the hell didnt windu just stab palpatine at the end of there massive fight in episode 3. he knew he should have killed him straight up thats what i would have done but no he hesitadted allowed Anakin to jump in the room the he had to swing back and be all dramatic it would have been "BAM" dead sith lord but no. i gess thats more to do with the movies but the result is he lost his arm in the down swing and killed next to every jedi in existance
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:19:18 PM

Dr. Destructo wrote:
then why didn't Padme' notice, or ANYONE ELSE involved in the conflict who knew who Jango was? It blows my mind. And the Clone Wars went on for years without anyone catching on. Madness.

ive been asking myself the same question for years...
how could the most knowledgable of Jedi not even see this? Yoda!! where was yer Head at?!
Xeonaught
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:52:41 PM

Because the republic scored a free army. hey i aint gunna complain to a free army. sure it was dumb but from there perspective jango was just a bounty hunter hired for two jobs: 1 to hunt bountys (padme) and 2 to be cloned so the fact of the matter is there was no real conection the republic DIDNT know that it wasnt master cyphadias but dooku that made the clones if they had known this then they wouldnt have used clone troopers. BOOM!!!
Squid89
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:16:19 AM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:

They had to have known what had become of Anakin, unless Obi-Wan never told them. Even if he kept them in the dark about the fact that the man now known as Darth Vader had recently been to their house, you would think he would have been smart enough to know that there probably are not a lot of Skywalkers running around the galaxy and that name might draw attention and might bring Vader to Tattooine looking for someone with his last name?

If you read the novels and other stuff of the time period, nobody knew Anakin became Vader. Vader was a new entity and everyone assumed Anakin was killed like all the other Jedi. Obi Wan went straight into isolation and didn't tell anyone else about his failure training his padawan who fell to the dark side. Nobody knew Obi Wan or Yoda survived either except Bail and he kept it a secret for his own protection as well. Vader had no reason to hunt down his son on an Outer Rim planet because he thought Padme died before giving birth, so there was no offspring that he knew.
kenred2
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:24:18 AM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:
So I was laying bed, not sleeping, around 2:30 this morning and started to think about some of the things that drive me nuts in the Star Wars universe. My main thought last night was why didn't Owen and Beru Lars change Luke's name to Lars from Skywalker when they got him from Kenobi?

Just one more thing that bugged me a little. Does anyone else lay awake at night pondering faults or irregularities of the Star Wars universe?

If you think about it too much, the Universes would implode.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 7:17:28 AM

Xeonaught wrote:
Because the republic scored a free army. hey i aint gunna complain to a free army. sure it was dumb but from there perspective jango was just a bounty hunter hired for two jobs: 1 to hunt bountys (padme) and 2 to be cloned so the fact of the matter is there was no real conection the republic DIDNT know that it wasnt master cyphadias but dooku that made the clones if they had known this then they wouldnt have used clone troopers. BOOM!!!

Uh, Obi Wan knew that Jango was cloned, he was there on Kamino.
if anyone should have seen it coming, it should have been obi wan. If i was in charge, id find it really strange that theres a million jangos running around, but i wasnt in charge, Palpatine was. which leads to my next point....
Obviously, we all know what happened with palpatine. palpatine knew that the clones were from jango, well, cuz he orchastrated the whole thing. what baffles me is, how could the jedi not be savvy to this "free army" that palpatine willingly accepts. Obi knows of Jango and the clones, and palpy knows that obi wan knows. theres just a gap there that cant be fixed. BANG!!!

Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 7:23:50 AM

you know, sometimes i think about how dum everybody
was in episodes 2 and 3,but it's sad that you guys think
about THIS kind of stuff when you go to bed.Meh
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 7:27:47 AM

If you think about it too much, the Universes would implode.[/quote]

it would IMPLODE? what would you have to think about
to make the universe EXPLODE
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 7:31:28 AM

Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force wrote:
you know, sometimes i think about how dum everybody
was in episodes 2 and 3,but it's sad that you guys think
about THIS kind of stuff when you go to bed.Meh

what are we supposed to think about?
i didnt know there was a certain criteria we had to meet when going to sleep....
didnt get the memo on that one. Blink
and when i go to bed, the last thing im thinking about is how beautiful my wife is when shes asleep.....then i bite her!!Scared
swsf17
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 9:28:34 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Dr. Destructo wrote:

how could the most knowledgable of Jedi not even see this? Yoda!! where was yer Head at?!

Short yoda was. their faces he could not see untill cut off their heads he did.ThumbsUp
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 10:28:17 AM

swsf17 wrote:
Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Dr. Destructo wrote:

Short yoda was. their faces he could not see untill cut off their heads he did.ThumbsUp

LOL

Xeonaught
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:36:48 PM

mandalor perhaps you didnt read my comment properly. what i said was that the republic ( OBI WAN ) thought that the republic made the clones using jangos DNA and that it was the same bounty hunter was just a coencidence obi wan even says and i quote. "I have made contact with the prime minister of kamino. they are using abounty hunter named jango fett to create a clone army. I have a strong fealing that this bounty hunter is the assassin we are looking for" mace windu then says "Do you think these clones are involved with the plot to assassinate senator Amidala" obi wan replys "No master there apears to be no connection" so mandalor next time you think you are smarter than me take a miniute to read my comment properly then quote it please
DarthReeves
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:50:20 PM

A few things I can't figure out:

Why in a New Hope did they start their attack run at the beginning of a massive canyon of guns and such? Why not just fly to the opposite side of the death star and start there?

Why the racial tension with droids being in the bar? "We don't serve THEIR KIND here?" The hell?

When the death star was maneuvering around that planet so that they could shoot yavin...why didn't they just shoot the planet and THEN shoot Yavin 4? What's the reload time on the death star anyways?

Did luke never accidently run into his grandma's headstone when he was galavanting around his farm?

Partof1
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 5:09:59 PM

The DS1 took over an hour to recharge, giving the rebels more time.
Xeonaught
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 9:57:15 PM

1: Beacuse they probly didnt have enough time to fly around and give the death star a wide enough birth to not get noticed / allow the empire to organize / it adds to the drama and drama sells.

2: The bartender Wuher claimed this was mainly due to the fact that they took up space in the Cantina and did not require refreshment, but in fact he admitted only to himself, that droids were the only creatures he felt truly comfortable removing because he knew he could offend no one by asking

3: Death star takes to long to charge as said by partof1

4: Because either shmi changed her last name from skywalker to lars or luke just didnt care i mean how would it effect the story if he knew or not seriously. All he would see is the connection to his uncle owen ( his grand mothers grave ) I mean seriously no offence but that was kinda a dumb question