RegisterDonateLogin

Not much bigger than a womprat.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 121 - Forward Emplacements Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:33:23 AM
Groups: Member

Man the defensive batteries! Move the patient to the Bacta Tank! Coordinate the invasion of a galaxy with telepathic tentacles! Or just kind of sit in your fancy spinny Emperor chair cackling to yourself! These are a just a few of the characters with Emplacement we currently have in the game. It's an interesting enough challenge in itself to build a piece that is stationary in a moving and dynamic miniatures game, but to make a competitive one is even harder. So the challenge for this week is to build a power 9-10 piece with the Emplacement ability. Lets see what you got! Just don't move anywhere, because that's not allowed, you have to stay stationary and all that... you get the point... rules time:

Rules:

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Sep 15th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Sep 17th, 2018.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
jak
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:06:23 PM

power 10 piece with emplacement?

check! http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35335/fmld
Oakel
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:40:27 PM

I figure GG might get a kick out of a new separatist emplacement.

This piece would be for the purpose of area denial. Is your enemy betting on claiming gambit? Or do you have two major paths for your enemy to get to your juicy, vulnerable commanders? Put this bad boy in your squad, and make it a complete nightmare for anyone short of a ninja (or a bounty hunter) to make it through.

Fun combo's can include throwing/pushing enemies into the vixus' reach, or placing it in the way of gallopers or chargers.

Vixus
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:14:47 PM

The one major Yuuzhan Vong character we are missing:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30760/coruscant-world-brain
Oakel
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:52:00 AM

I'm on a Seppy roll right now.

Not my entry this time, but was having flashbacks to the Republic Commando game. Enjoy!

Super Battle Droid Dispenser

Fun note, it can be pawned!

Oakel
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2018 3:42:46 PM

Well, not many entries this time.

1. GG - Vongforming is a great ability to address swap squads and boost the power of razor/thudbug swams. I'm not sure the wording of disable doors is correct... it may need to be clarified. If they cannot be locked, does that mean they are forced open, or cannot be altered from their current state? Would satchel or breach still work? Good call on making the initiative control a CE so it can be disrupted/suppressed. A lot of power to that if it can be kept safe.

2. Jak - Cool idea, is it a legends/cannon character? Strong versus swarms/mobs without needing to use a strafe character. Would overwhelming power affect splash 20? I'm not sure if it is power 10, as only one attack at +10/30 with a save for 20 is not very strong against many of the stronger force users in the game. It would be effective in open maps against swarms, but might not be too useful as placement and sightlines would be difficult in less open maps. Against low defense, high quantity squads this unit would really shine.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2018 6:37:42 PM

Sheesh quiet week indeed Oakel, well hopefully Jak votes this week haha.

Clearly my emplacement idea didn't "stick" with people..... ok I can make dad jokes because I am one!

I posted thoughts on the comments but Jak yours is quite fun looking and would make a nice gambit camper, and a Oakel you built a better sarlacc. Great stuff.

2nd Jak
1st Oakel
jak
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 5:35:58 AM

Oakel wrote:
Well, not many entries this time.

2. Jak - Cool idea I'm not sure if it is power 10, as only one attack at +10/30 with a save for 20 is not very strong against many of the stronger force users in the game.

it has Triple AttackThumbsUp

ps- sorry missed the deadline,Love Monday Night Football is to blame-LOL
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 7:32:20 AM

Haha all good Jak, and Oakel looks like we tied. You can take this week though!
Oakel
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:23:37 AM

Thanks GG, I'll post up something soon.

Jak, I meant one attack against a given target. Seeing as "Burn them all" would not permit you to attack the same beatstick twice, and I don't think the opponent is going to frequently give it the opportunity to make full use of triple attack.

Good work guys, all of these would be fun to play.
jak
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 4:49:09 AM

Oakel wrote:

Jak,.... and I don't think the opponent is going to frequently give it the opportunity to make full use of triple attack.

however
with Accurate Shot, it can Attack any piece it chooses,
I don't think an Opponent can hide all their pieces.