RegisterDonateLogin

Is ready to take on the whole Empire itself.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

How do you play? Options
mercenary_moose
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:03:16 AM
Groups: Member

In the pre-CW meta, I used to go pretty gung-ho, looking to keep the pressure on the opponent as much as possible. That's why my Nym 'N' Vader build was my squad of choice; two solely offensive powerhouses and a ton of mercenaries. Since then, I have been traumatized by Mandies and IG-86s in games at the LGS: teams that could throw out damage on my build a lot faster than I could hit them. Since then, my tactics have been largely defensive. My first priority is usually setting up LoS for my shooters, and then either boxing my opponent in or softening them up, which makes it easier for my beat to move in and do their work. If the enemy has a bunch of high-damage shooters waiting for my Sith Lord, or two or three beatsticks to outnumber my one: well, that's a problem. I still have a long way to go as a player.
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:17:43 AM

My style of play.... would be an Elitist. To play competitively, but not always to win, but the idea to be an obstacle for your opponent to face, and to learn when playing against me. I don't play to win (that would seem very cocky to underestimate your opponent), I play to learn about my placement and my mistakes playing against a tough opponent. This is where my style of play falls into place, I'd like to be passive, but controlled at the same time using tempo (activation control) and combo (CE's + SA's combined such as Jensaari Defender with Rieekan or General Wedge)... the more I play defensively to out-activate my opponent, the more I would understand my opponent's frustrations to mess up. Placing my forces, I usually have them apart, sometimes split up to attack 1 area while few "hard-to-hit" characters go and collect Gambit... if my opponent opponent manages to find a weakness, I always have a plan b. And to me, I want to be a tough person to play against, so only then we can both understand our mistakes and improve upon them.... that is when placement is more important to understand, allowing to take actions further with a 75% chance
sharron
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:52:49 PM

i guess i try to build squads with awesome people who can do a wicked move... then try to make that move work in the coolest way possible. its not really a tactic... but its fun... and its super cool when its pulled off!!