RegisterDonateLogin

A glass a day keeps Dr. Evazan away.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bad Trade List, Problems and Solutions Options
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:42:38 PM
Groups: Member

But the thing is.... your message made it sound like Bloomilk just isn't the "safer trade environment" which is the reason why you probably feel like you've been attacked by my message, which really isn't the case. I just want you to know that not all sites are considered scam proof.... and we cannot just request Bloomilk to make a system just like it... sure I'm hoping to see improvements, but that's something that Shinja has to figure out... what works, what doesn't

Rabid Wookiee wrote:
Wow, slow down there. I'm sorry you took my comments personally. I think I pretty clearly stated that it was my perspective and not based on any sound statistical proof. No harm was meant. I just wanted to share some things I've seen on another site that I thought worked well.

kenred2 wrote:
Rabid Wookiee wrote:
I just can't help but compare trading on this site to www.boardgamegeek.com. As the name implies, BGG is a site dedicated to board game enthusiasts. I have a +6 GTL rating on Bloomilk and have been scammed. I have a +39 trade rating on BGG and have never been scammed. And to my knowledge BGG has no policy against logging face-to-face trades, nor widespread problems with scamming. So there's the context of my original question/comments.

Now on to the shameless commentarySmile...It's my belief that BGG is a safer trade environment than Bloomilk (though admittedly I don't have any generalizable statistical proof to back-up that opinion)
? So why is that? The one main obvious difference I can point to is that BGG has a very robust electronic trading system that tracks and documents each stage of the trading process and provides ample transparency of feedback scores and prior transactions to prospective trade partners (in fact, I like this system better than eBay's). All of this info is easily accessible when you begin to initiate a formal trade request with a user. While implementing a comparable system on Bloomilk probably isn't practical, I think transparency and easy access of information is the key. For instance, I'd love to see an easy way to view all past trade feedback for a user, and within that info, I'd like to know about who provided the feedback. I'd like a formal process other than sending BMs to log a trade request and trade acceptance (to discourage confusion as to whether or not a trade was finalized). When I'm looking at potential trade partners using the Trades function, I'd love to know immediately what their GTL score is, how long they've been on the site, and whether or not they are bad traders.

Ultimately, Shinja will need to get involved to make any of these things happen.

Excuse me... but that's a matter of your perspective... just because you have a good experience trading through another site doesn't mean someone else there doesn't get screwed (and how would you know that?). No trading system is deemed perfect. So as long as people are more aware of the traders who earned their place in the GTL (and not on the BTL), and the amount of refs earned of how much people put into postage and package material (and stated condition, etc)... only then can we understand that they too would have a good experience trading with that person
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 2:42:49 PM

I mean regardless of whats done, the problem that im seeing is that its not gonna be on Shinja's #1 thing to do list, as swinefeld somewhat said that if the solution invovles hard work than donations would help that. I mean regardless of how its solved, its still gonna have to be up to a user to do some digging. I think it would have to be way to much work to make an option to where you see complete history & stuff if you click on a name.

So regardless your gonna have to dig into the site & find out the whole situation of the other trader. Which i gotta say Chuckafett did an amazing job with so lets not forget the hard work he has done. & in my opinion i think trading isnt the majority option on the site. Squad building, collection tracker etc. are. So coming up with an easy somewhat solid solution to this is the key. So i say as people are still gonna have to atleast look at that list chuck provided in my opinion is me personally,im gonna try thinking up simple solutions that wouldnt be as much work as a giagantic option with all kinds of neat menu's of different stuff. I think by pushing for something like that than it might take a very very long time to get right rather than to just think up something easy, simple but yet still effective which i think we could see put into action alot quicker. & we have alot of imagination & smarts between all of us on here to where we can think of something like that. Theres alot of intelligant people on this website, so lets do it people.

Also i would like to propose again the idea of having icon's next to the users name whenever you come accrossed there name (I.E. at the bottom on the site page when you see whos on, whenever you see there forum post)... Lol im sorry but i had to say that idea again lol.. i love that idea so im gonna beat you's all to death with it lol..
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2009 11:02:03 AM

i bumped this thread because i feel this thread should be on the first page on this thread fore i think everyone needs to still keep this topic in mind. So chuck is there anyways to ask shinja if you can maybe get this thread to be come a sticky thread staying up so everyone can see it untill we figure out how we are gonna resolve this issue?
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2009 12:14:02 PM

if a guy has gotten scammed, it should be that persons responsibility to report him, to either the Post Office, or have them put on the BlooMilk wall of shame, then banned.
block any and all other users on the Scammers computer.
when you see someones profile, it shows you all users on that computer. ban them too.
its really easy to make new email addresses so that should be some kind of warning on the BTL, on the Very Top. publicize their address on the BTL, and have them sign off on it in a new users agreement, therefore, they cant sue BlooMilk, which means Chucka and Shinja would not be held accountable.
it will hold those pieces of filth liable in either direction: Busted for a Federal Crime, and/or public knowledge and information of your "Art Form".
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 7:21:47 AM

this thread needs to stay active atleast until the "Strongdor" incident is handled.
he has posted that he is willing to make trades right with everyone that he has screwed, so for those who have gotten screwed, PM him and get your stuff.
this is not an act of simpathy for him either. i just want to see that people have gotten their stuff.
an act of Scamming is a pre-meditated act, which means that scammers have done this before, or plan on doing it again. this cannot be allowed.
any site where we do trades, is a risky site. there arent really any guidelines to prevent such acts from happening. all we deal with is the word of another trader.
people need need need need to read the trade rules if they are new to the site! i cant emphasize that enough.
my suggestion up top still stands. hold these thieves accountable for their actions. it doesnt matter if we are trading pieces of plastic, it is the principle of it.
Im the type of person who will go to your house if you have stolen from me, and if you live too far away, i will have my family members pay a visit instead. i have alot of family members who owe me favors. the point is, it should never come to this.
if we handle the situation the way it is supposed to be handled, the people who rip others off will be responsible for their thievery.
i have zero tolerance for thieves (probably because of my line of work). the honor system is a delicate system that frequently needs fine tuning, especially when people take others for a ride.
it might sound mean, Maybe its the Mandalorian in me.
ChuckaFett
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 7:58:38 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

One thing to note here is that Bad Traders aren't all that common around here. We've only a few, and most seem to disapear shortly after they are put on the list. So, this isn't a huge problem, unless you're the guy who didn't get his minis of course BlooMilk .
That being said I like the idea of adding something to the site that tracks good and bad trades. The ideas of adding something under our usernames is great, and something Shinja may be willing to do. (He mention something about needing fully integrate the forums with the rest of the site, maybe he could make a change to this at that point). Until then, maybe we can get him to put Bad Trader's usernames in Red on the bottom when they are logged in (a variation of Darth Perc's idea, a fine idea by the way BigGrin ).

I'll PM Shinja and have him look at this thread, he doesn't spend much time in the trade forum and may not have seen it. Hopefully I'll be traveling to PAX this weekend and I'll have a face to face with him as well!

Rabid Wookiee wrote:
I have 2 questions:

1. From reading the BTL rules, it looks like it implies that if a supposed scammer eventually makes good on a bad trade, then that person will be transferred from the Bad Traders list to the 90 Day Warnings list. Is that correct? If so, "rehabilitation" procedures should be more obvious so that scammers (or perhaps it just a person who's hit a rough spot in life) have at least a small carrot to come back to the light side.

2. Why does leaving good references for face-to-face trades make you a bad trader? I understand why you wouldn't want someone to abuse the system by doing that, but the punishment seems a bit harsh for the crime. Why not put them on the 90 Day Warnings list?

Thanks.

On your first question, yes it kinda works like that. In the past I've given people an option, after the situation has been resolved, if they would like to put the person on the 90 day list or take them off completely. I don't know if I will be giving people this option anymore because I feel this is part of the problem. Most people are pretty nice and don't want to leave anyone on the BTL at all. We really need to start taking better care of each other and put people on the BTL when they deserve it. I feel that a lot of the issues we had this last time could have been stopped if someone would have just put this guy on the BTL. (This is not only a problem here, but on WOTC as well. Everybody wants to be a nice guy, but sometimes you've got to be the bad guy to help everyone else out).

The face to face trades thing was answered pretty well by Kenred and others. I agree the permanent list may be a bit harsh, but I kind of look at it akin to scamming. A person who posts a face to face trade isn't really telling the rest of us the whole truth.

I know this is getting long, but I want to reiterate what Huk and Swinefeld have said;
Please read the trade rules and don't send first to someone who has a lower rating then you. Even if you're at +5 and he's at a +1, you outrank him and have the right to ask him to send first. If a person refuses, maybe it's not a good idea to trade with them. If you are new, try making 5-10 trades with some of the more experienced traders to build a reputation. Yes, you'll have to send first, but these guys are much less likely to scam you than a guy with a +1. If you feel the need to trade with a guy at +1 and you're low as well, complete a simul-send or a variation of one. Anyway, just my two cents.
Strongdor
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 7:59:09 AM

I already posted that if someone has NOT gotten their stuff, MESSAGE ME. I have yet to get a pm from anyone since then.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:34:13 PM

you know who got over on, you message them.
Strongdor
Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2009 2:18:06 AM

In the process. Should be wrapped up within a week at most.
sunwrought
Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:05:40 AM

Strongdor wrote:
In the process. Should be wrapped up within a week at most.

It would be nice to believe you, but it's hard to take you seriously when you've claimed on many different occasions you would be "taking care of it," or that you were shipping minis on a certain date, and then done nothing whatsoever. Additionally, your claim about PMs is triply disturbing.

First, the implication is that you feel it's other people's responsibility to make you follow through on trades, when you're perfectly capable of going through your inbox and seeing who you've made what trades with by yourself.

Second, your wording seems to imply that there are people who have indeed gotten things from you. Not one of the six people who posted complaints about you have since claimed they've gotten anything from you, nor have you made any apparent effort to contact them.

Third, your claim that nobody's PMed you is a blatant falsehood. I know that because I have. Incidentally, your response was to claim you weren't aware that we had made a deal, despite the fact that the details of that deal were quite visible simply by scrolling down through the replies in that message.

Here's an idea, on the off chance that this time--unlike every other time--you mean what you're saying: post some delivery confirmation tracking numbers here, so we can see whether you're telling the truth, or whether this is just another stall tactic from you.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2009 2:32:33 PM

@ Chuckafett, glad to see a simple idea can be considered. Its a simple idea with doing the different color name / icon at the bottom with the other active users on, it would be less time consuming to do i think, cheaper, we can get it faster & not to much work all together but yet 100% completely effective.

Everyone who suggested an idea all had great idea's & im glad we could come together to maybe see something put into action. So i say we should all pat eachother on the back because we all did good on this one. Very fast progress & hopefully shinja goes with something so i say good luck Chuck & thank you man. Your saving alot of scams in the future buddy.

& I agree with sun, Very true... I say dont waste time posting in this thread on what your gonna do, i say just do it & notify the party who you just sent out to that they will be recieving there package. Maybe after all is said & done you can be added to the 90 warning BTL instead of perminate but im not the person to say for sure.

I think your a young kid & understand the issues you said you had but you have to understand that we all have problems, by doing what you did you made your problems everyone elses which isnt cool. & also being a kid, you should know from right & wrong, i mean my son is 4 years old & he understands it. You obviously knew it was wrong to get that much out of them people & i say if you had problems to where you couldnt send, then you shouldnt of accepted any new trades.

So i say even if you are on the perminate BTL, & theres no shot of you ever getting off of it, i would still send them people there figures fore we spend alot of money on these things & trading with eachother helps others out money wise in this economy. Karma always creaps up on you & i hope you take this as a life lesson learned dude. I personally have no problem with you, its the deed you done we all have a problem with. So get it taken care of, dont talk about it, do it & maybe we can all sit back one day & be cool about it.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 6:47:11 AM

im just curious, but have we come to a resolution yet?
have people gotten their minis?
Strongdor
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:27:33 AM

All were offically sent.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:45:11 AM

Good to hear....
its never to late to redeem yourself.
care666
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:05:22 AM

Strongdor wrote:
All were offically sent.

has any of the people that were supposed to receive items form strongdor received them it has been 12 days max shipment time is 7 and i am apart of this i just didn't complain till now my trade started over last month so it is going on two months.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:37:07 PM

go to the BTL, and see the names that have posted about him. PM them to find out.
achiriaco
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:00:13 PM

care666 wrote:
Strongdor wrote:
All were offically sent.

has any of the people that were supposed to receive items form strongdor received them it has been 12 days max shipment time is 7 and i am apart of this i just didn't complain till now my trade started over last month so it is going on two months.

"Officially"

I am a victim of the scamming by the infamous Strongdor.ThumbDown
I still have yet to receive anything and HE received my sent figures during GENCON. That has been a long time.
Do not understand what the problem is? Actually we all do....
I have been patient and now I POST and complain.
I even gave him my phone number. Strongdor, you could have called me also. I believe you have not sent anything but false reply's to my PM's...
sdexam
Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:02:57 AM

No, never receive anythings from him yet, possibly another scamming. I really think that we should call the police...ThumbDown
achiriaco
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 2:58:26 AM

sdexam wrote:
No, never receive anythings from him yet, possibly another scamming. I really think that we should call the police...ThumbDown

Has anyone recieved anyrhing from strongdor yet?