RegisterDonateLogin

Who's scruffy-looking?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2020 100pt tournament Sat April 18th Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2020 6:46:18 AM
Groups: Member

gholli69 wrote:
Man I wish I had a decent desktop so I could play in these. Will be really missing out next week as I was actually coming to Chicago this year but alas. I just hope this all gets sorted out in enough time that they don't cancel Gencon.

I’m gonna be straight with you - GenCon ain’t happening.

We ARE, however determined to do at least some of the events GenCon events online.

Do what you can to make vassal work. Borrow a computer if you have to.

I hope you can get it to work by Saturday. If not - you have until the end of July to get something working to be able to participate in Gen Con events via Vassal.
gholli69
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2020 9:29:51 AM

That is pretty much what I had already deduced from some of the things they have been saying. It just sucks because I haven't been able to make it the last couple years and was in a really good position to be able to actually attend not only gencon, but a couple other regional that I have been wanting to travel to finally.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2020 11:47:29 AM

gholli69 wrote:
That is pretty much what I had already deduced from some of the things they have been saying. It just sucks because I haven't been able to make it the last couple years and was in a really good position to be able to actually attend not only gencon, but a couple other regional that I have been wanting to travel to finally.

That is unfortunate. However - I strongly encourage you to really see if you can make vassal happen somehow. I know funds are tight for everyone these days, but prices on computers are also relatively low. You can get a new basic pc (refurbished) for under $100. That’s less than you’d pay in gas to go to everything you’re talking about, which you now won’t be spending.

Dell Optiplex 330 Desktop Computer (2.4Ghz Pentium Core 2 Duo) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FNVCL4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QPkNEbHFR6SWH

Or even brand new!
HP Elite 8000 Ultra Small Form Business Desktop PC, Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 3.06GHz, 4G DDR3, 500G, WiFi, BT 4.0, Windows 10 64 Bit-Multi-Language Supports English/Spanish/French(Renewed) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084Q94FGH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cSkNEb1XB24NX
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2020 11:48:06 AM

Congratulations TINT. I was talking with Ian straight after Hutt100 and we concluded Mace plus Blizz would have been a really good option there.
Darth O
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2020 10:09:22 PM

TINT proved why he's a world champ. Congrats yet again!