RegisterDonateLogin

Great Bloo Milk comes from happy Banthas. Happy Banthas come from Tatooine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 20 Spoiler Thread Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 8:40:17 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

adamb0nd
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 8:41:17 AM

Made by Lily_Wan, that makes sense. It's a better design than I had in mind.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 9:44:18 AM
Groups: Member

Love Teek. Excellent for cost, and very versatile. He'll be in everyone's Lobot box for sure.
Naarkon
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 10:35:36 AM

Githany looks very good. Stealth, illusion, 100 hp is pretty defensive for a low cost Sith, and twin, lightning, and renewal make her pretty self-sufficient for damage.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 12:52:48 PM

5/6

General Pryde
Imperial
Cost 40

HP 80
Def 16
Att +0
Dam 10

Special Abilities

Unique. First Order

Assassin [+4 Attack and +10 Damage against living enemies]

Borrowed Weapon [While adjacent to a trooper ally, this character uses the printed Attack and Damage ratings of itself or that ally, whichever are higher]

Prideful [While this character has a higher printed cost than any other character in your squad, this character, First Order allies and Sith trooper allies with a Damage value greater than 0 get +4 Attack and +10 Damage until this character is defeated]

Rapport [Costs 8 less when in the same squad as a character who counts as Palpatine]

Rival [Cannot be in a squad with any character with Blaster Upgrade or any non-Sith commander unless it counts as First Order or Palpatine]

Steadfast [Enemies ignore cover when targeting the nearest trooper. An enemy cannot target a character in your squad (including this character) if the line of sight passes through a square occupied by an allied First Order trooper or Sith trooper.]

Commander Effect

Whenever a trooper ally within line of sight is defeated, after removing it from play you may place 1 adjacent First Order trooper or Sith trooper ally in the square the defeated ally formerly occupied.

First Order trooper and Sith trooper allies gain Defense Beacon [This turn, an enemy that started or became adjacent to this character cannot both move more than 6 squares and attack more than once].

"As I served you in the old wars, I serve you now."
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 1:28:31 PM

PDF is now live:

http://swmgamers.com/SWM/V-setMain.html

http://swmgamers.com/PDF/V-sets/Set20_ATTA_RoS.pdf

Not sure when the Bloomilk stats will go live, but hopefully before the sealed tournament during GenCon online. Note that this set is not legal for the constructed tournaments during GenCon except for sealed, so the set isn't officially released yet.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 8:29:02 PM

Lots of cool stuff! Mando is great. Lack of disintegration is a little disappointing, BUT there's lots of good stuff to compensate (I know, I know, game balance, too swingy, don't @ me).

I think Kylo Ren is the first character other than Luke and maybe Han to be represented by more than one mini in the same set.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 9:22:20 PM

Rebel Storm had two Lukes, two Leias, and two Vaders. Two Leias in Gathering Forces as well.
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 5:31:11 AM

CorellianComedian wrote:
Lots of cool stuff! Mando is great. Lack of disintegration is a little disappointing, BUT there's lots of good stuff to compensate (I know, I know, game balance, too swingy, don't @ me).

Haha. I thought that too. I guess 30 damage is the representation here.

Had to @ you anyway. Couldn't help it 😓
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 7:20:48 AM

Pryde is very interesting. The rapport and prideful are a curious combo. Am I overlooking something, or is there no way he gets the rapport and keeps prideful? Unless there is a new Palpatine that costs less than 32 . . .
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 7:25:15 AM

There is a lot of great stuff in this set. I would be totally psyched about it except for that garbage they put on Darth Bane to boost the most ill-conceived piece in the entire game. The last thing this game needs is more Zannah. Pure garbage.

Every time I see something cool in this set, which there is plenty - I say "Awesome! I could use this in . . . Angry Oh yeah - this set has that horrible Zannah boost. I hate this set."
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 8:05:18 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Pryde is very interesting. The rapport and prideful are a curious combo. Am I overlooking something, or is there no way he gets the rapport and keeps prideful? Unless there is a new Palpatine that costs less than 32 . . .

Prideful, like all other cost based abilities, only looks at printed cost.

Rapport comes into play for squad building (obviously), points for kills, and qualifying for scoring Gambit. But any ability that refers to higher/lower cost just looks at printed cost.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 1:35:50 PM

adamb0nd wrote:
Had to @ you anyway. Couldn't help it 😓

I love this forum.

@Tim: what's got your goat? Renewal 2? I was under the impression everyone just direct-damaged through SSM isntead of dithering around chewing through rerolls.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 1:49:58 PM

Must be Intuition. Rule of Two really only gives her Renewal 2, but you can give her more Force points much more efficiently any number of other ways (ghosts, holocron, nexus). Rule of Two also gives her MotF2 and LSAssault (she already has both), LSDefense (nearly irrelevant since she has SSM, but it does let her defend against Ven Zallow), and LSProtection (almost always same as or worse than Bubble). That leaves Intuition.
Naarkon
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 2:57:53 PM

I think a much scarier option for Rule of Two is Cognus. Renewal 2 and Assault are huge on her, and she's already pretty tanky.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 3:02:34 PM

Naarkon wrote:
I think a much scarier option for Rule of Two is Cognus. Renewal 2 and Assault are huge on her, and she's already pretty tanky.

Though for any Rule of Two use, you have to bet on the opponent killing Bane first. Or you just keep Bane up front and hide Cognus/Zannah/etc. But then you're fighting shorthanded.
Naarkon
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 3:10:24 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Naarkon wrote:

Though for any Rule of Two use, you have to bet on the opponent killing Bane first. Or you just keep Bane up front and hide Cognus/Zannah/etc. But then you're fighting shorthanded.

True, but Bane seems like the kind of threat that would be hard to ignore. To me Cognus is worth running without the boost, or with just a holocron or something, but if the boost happens she gets pretty scary. With stealth it's also more likely that Bane dies to shooters before her.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 11:47:36 AM

CorellianComedian wrote:
@Tim: what's got your goat? Renewal 2? I was under the impression everyone just direct-damaged through SSM isntead of dithering around chewing through rerolls.

Sometimes when I’m feeling really saucy, I get together with my friends and we make a little trip to the bank and buy as many rolls of quarters as we can. Then We have the TIME OF OUR LIVES flipping quarter after quarter.
“Another heads!!! Woah, Wild! Flip another quarter, I’m on the edge of my seat! I’m having the best time of my life!!!”

. . . said no one ever

The basis of this game is attacks. An ability that can literally negate every single attack is a poorly designed ability. LS defense expert adds insult to injury. Even Direct Damage takes forever with bubble.

I don’t want to have to bring direct damage squads every time. Remember how it was with GOWK? Horrible.

She’s just a horribly designed piece. Anything, and I do mean anything, that even remotely encourages her is bad for the game.

I don’t think I’ve ever lost to Zannah, but I’ve hated every second she’s on the board.
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2020 6:23:15 PM

Do we have an ETA on shipping for v20?