RegisterDonateLogin

Just what you always wanted.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GAW Checklist and Rules Options
IG-108
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 12:17:26 AM
Groups: Member

Clone trooper with night vision? Seriously?
I know that ideas might be starting to get thin, but come on.

But yes! Not one, but two commando droids in this set! And a captain to boot. If they have stealth and are fairly cheap, I definantly plan on using GGDAC, BDO, and Commando Droids squads.
saeseetiin
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 12:33:53 AM

IG-108 wrote:
Clone trooper with night vision? Seriously?
I know that ideas might be starting to get thin, but come on.

But yes! Not one, but two commando droids in this set! And a captain to boot. If they have stealth and are fairly cheap, I definantly plan on using GGDAC, BDO, and Commando Droids squads.

Sounds like a plan
Jediabiwan
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 1:03:56 AM

amsnow wrote:
the reason i prefer the powerful characters to be vr is so theyre less circulated, in other words im not looking forward to playing against kenobi every game i play

I have to disagree with you, if the powerful pieces were all very rares then the winner would be determined much more by how much you can pay. You shouldn't be afraid to play the good pieces, everyone should have good pieces available to them. I am very happy with the rarities, and besides Worm Loathesome for a Battle of Christosis scenario, I don't see any very rares that I want (this will probably change once I see the stats).
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 1:08:52 AM

Stizzy wrote:
Wait, if Roger Roger is a named ability then it can't be extended by the Mouse Droid, right?

yep. grevious, battle droid officer, whatever character has Roger Roger,
gha nakt, and a billion mouse droids. who knows what kind of benefits
all those sep leader will provide. i'm pretty upset about this now, it's
like they're shoving seps down our throats. when clone wars came out
people asked "how are we supposed to stop them?" now i ask in all
seriousness, how the kriff are we supposed stop them? Glare
Draconarius
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 2:09:54 AM

Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force wrote:
Stizzy wrote:
Wait, if Roger Roger is a named ability then it can't be extended by the Mouse Droid, right?

Wedge and Rieekan. They've worked before, and I don't see any reason why they'll stop working. At least, not for me. Laugh And, failing some nasty CE popping up in GAW, they still don't have mobile attack so if they shoot you, you'll be shooting back.

I do really hate these one-sided sets, though. Is it too much to ask for a mini from another faction to make all of this marone and silver a little less nauseating?
bountyhunter9
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 3:04:01 AM

Or use a really fast mini to run up and blow the Roger Roger droid's head off. Now the Double/Twin, +8 atk 24 def mice are powerless.
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 3:19:17 AM

though, I think droids would fear direct dmg far more, one well place flamethrower push or lightning and the droids are toast.
amsnow
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 5:37:39 AM

Jediabiwan wrote:
amsnow wrote:
the reason i prefer the powerful characters to be vr is so theyre less circulated, in other words im not looking forward to playing against kenobi every game i play

I have to disagree with you, if the powerful pieces were all very rares then the winner would be determined much more by how much you can pay. You shouldn't be afraid to play the good pieces, everyone should have good pieces available to them. I am very happy with the rarities, and besides Worm Loathesome for a Battle of Christosis scenario, I don't see any very rares that I want (this will probably change once I see the stats).

i totally see where your coming from and i fully understand there are two spectrums to this, but i also am a collector and i like the vrs from my booster case to be worth at least ten dollars, i dont see many of them being worth much save for cade bane
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 5:45:00 AM

If you're buying SWM as a monetary investment, you're buying into the wrong game.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 5:45:04 AM

This set could have been so much better. "Galaxy at War" is a title that would have worked splendidly for a set that concentrated on the NR/Vong era. And all we get are more seps and Republic. *sigh*
amsnow
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 6:08:52 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
If you're buying SWM as a monetary investment, you're buying into the wrong game.

its not an investment for me, but if i put so much money into them id like to get SOME value from them ie the vrs
Lord ZOS
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 6:12:09 AM

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:
This set could have been so much better. "Galaxy at War" is a title that would have worked splendidly for a set that concentrated on the NR/Vong era. And all we get are more seps and Republic. *sigh*

Agreed, and I know that there are alot of people who'll say the NR got a huge boost w/JA, but there was still Republic & Seps in that set. I really wish that we could get a set competley dedicated to NR/Vong a la GAW & the other Clone Wars sets, but untill they get their own t.v. show... we are stuck w/what the kiddies want...

On the bright side, I honestly feel that the Clone Wars will run out of steam eventually, and that WOTC & LucasArts will have to start exploring other eras in order to breathe new life into StarWars... here's hoping... Don't get me wrong, I like the Clone Wars... it's just that they're ancient history... almost all of those folks are dead... I'd rather keep up w/what's going on in Luke's Jedi order...
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 6:27:14 AM

amsnow wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:

its not an investment for me, but if i put so much money into them id like to get SOME value from them ie the vrs

i make a ton of money off of star wars miniatures.
i also play this game every day, and have pieces i dont sell, which are the pieces i use for all of my squads.
if someone is into this game, and also sells pieces, then they arent "buying into the wrong game". they are capatalizing in their investment.
i know someone who sells nothing but miniatures, and he makes a killing as well. it works so well for him that he makes a profit and gets all the pieces he needs.
to me, there is nothing wrong with that at all, and if you look at half of everyones trade lists on Bloomilk, they too are either selling theyre really good minis, or trading them for really good ones.
Im tired of hearing that this is not a money game, this is just as much a money game as WoW, Diablo 3, DD, Axis and Allies. they prove that there is money in gaming, and if people want to make money out of it, go for it.
those same people who are selling minis are the same ones who are Buying the Boosters and cases, and inflating wizards economy. if they make a little something extra, good for them.

Lord ZOS
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 6:39:39 AM

I agree w/Mandalore... I've been around gaming since the original D&D came out (along w/that the first pewter minis... remember those?), and there is a ton of money to be made. Like Mandalore said, it's very easy to support your own mini habit (as I call it) by selling & trading...
Space Jawa
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 6:40:23 AM

Stizzy wrote:

Two Words: Michael Bay.

If if makes stuff blow up, burn, or fly around in random directions against its will, use it.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 8:57:46 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Munitions Supply (giving your whole squad Grenades 10) is a great thing to combat those pesky Mouse Droids. Missiles is another way.

PS...Roger,Roger is a Special Ability (per the rules insert) and therefore not extended by MDs.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 4:12:09 AM

now i ask in all

How about Artillerists and Tarpals?. Two chances to either kill or activate a droid, maybe even an Elite Clone Trooper Grenadier. Of course you'd have to get in range for grenades, but the splashing is nice for each.

IG-108
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 4:20:59 AM

Muahahaha!! Fear the mighty droid army! Fear it! Even if there is still a whole bunch of ways to beat them, fear them!!!

To be honost, when GGDAC came out along with the Chameleon droid, a ton of people were like: "How can we ever defeat Separatist squads now?" and then said things like droids were too overpowered.
And then Riekeen, Crix Madine, new Thrawn, Rex, and a whole bunch of others came out and people weren't complaining anymore.
Same thing's happening here. As soon as the next set or two comes out, the issue will go away. That, and with what's currently out there and of what we know for Galaxy at War, droids are still far from unstoppable.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 6:10:38 AM

IG-108 wrote:
Muahahaha!! Fear the mighty droid army! Fear it! Even if there is still a whole bunch of ways to beat them, fear them!!!

To be honost, when GGDAC came out along with the Chameleon droid, a ton of people were like: "How can we ever defeat Separatist squads now?" and then said things like droids were too overpowered.
And then Riekeen, Crix Madine, new Thrawn, Rex, and a whole bunch of others came out and people weren't complaining anymore.
Same thing's happening here. As soon as the next set or two comes out, the issue will go away. That, and with what's currently out there and of what we know for Galaxy at War, droids are still far from unstoppable.

Ig has a point.
i dont see anyone using chameleon droids.
Shadowdragon
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 1:30:28 PM

Maybe Clones with night vision will be able to see Chameleons.

It may be a little stupid, but I like the variety of clones. Night vision, repeating blaster, 501st, Finally! Call me what you like, but that has me excited.