RegisterDonateLogin

Helps build strong bones and healthy initiative rolls.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GAW Checklist and Rules Options
Jediabiwan
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 1:32:05 PM
Groups: Member

Shadowdragon wrote:
Maybe Clones with night vision will be able to see Chameleons.

It may be a little stupid, but I like the variety of clones. Night vision, repeating blaster, 501st, Finally! Call me what you like, but that has me excited.

Nope, they just are regular clones with accurate shot for 4 more points.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 2:03:10 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

IG-108 wrote:
Clone trooper with night vision? Seriously?
I know that ideas might be starting to get thin, but come on.

But yes! Not one, but two commando droids in this set! And a captain to boot. If they have stealth and are fairly cheap, I definantly plan on using GGDAC, BDO, and Commando Droids squads.

Well, good and bad news. No Stealth and debatable on cheap. However, swarming them is good and DAC is not the best option...
Jediabiwan
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 2:32:45 PM

Sithborg wrote:
IG-108 wrote:
Clone trooper with night vision? Seriously?
I know that ideas might be starting to get thin, but come on.

But yes! Not one, but two commando droids in this set! And a captain to boot. If they have stealth and are fairly cheap, I definantly plan on using GGDAC, BDO, and Commando Droids squads.

Well, good and bad news. No Stealth and debatable on cheap. However, swarming them is good and DAC is not the best option...

The commando droids suck, but the captain is great.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 2:36:32 PM

Jediabiwan wrote:

I will say, they are not as good as I was expecting. But they get nasty once you start tossing in the stuff Seps have. They scale up much better than the Igs.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 2:44:42 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Jediabiwan wrote:

I will say, they are not as good as I was expecting. But they get nasty once you start tossing in the stuff Seps have. They scale up much better than the Igs.

Not really, GGDAC doesn't help them at all. With GG, SotJ or the Commando Droid Captain they will be 20 more dmg then the IGs, 20 with Roger-Roger but with less HP, def and att. I would much rather run the Commando Droid captain, GGDAC, Roger-Roger and the IG-86 instead of GG, SotJ, the Captain and Roger-Roger. 20 less damage, but better stats. Grevious is a bit weaker, but i prefer the blaster of DAC to the higher stats and more attacks of GG, SotJ.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 2:52:28 PM

shrug

I like what you can do with the Commandos without relaying on DAC. I value the built in Twin very much. We still need to see the rest of the Sep droids, especially the one with Roger, Roger (I am betting on the BD Sergeant). I suspect that either Mar Tauk or Wat will really help Sep Droids (really hoping Loathsome is a Mounted Weapon helper).
Jediabiwan
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:00:16 PM

Sithborg wrote:
shrug

I like what you can do with the Commandos without relaying on DAC. I value the built in Twin very much. We still need to see the rest of the Sep droids, especially the one with Roger, Roger (I am betting on the BD Sergeant). I suspect that either Mar Tauk or Wat will really help Sep Droids (really hoping Loathsome is a Mounted Weapon helper).

I can't wait to see the separatist leaders either. The thing I do like about the Commandos is that them the new Grevious and the captain (or Grevious and the combat droid) are much cheaper then GGDAC. This means a bunch of the kids at my school will be able to afford a decent separatist squad.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:48:02 PM

Jediabiwan wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
shrug

I can't wait to see the separatist leaders either. The thing I do like about the Commandos is that them the new Grevious and the captain (or Grevious and the combat droid) are much cheaper then GGDAC. This means a bunch of the kids at my school will be able to afford a decent separatist squad.

and if we can get more peeps into the game, the better off we will be.BigGrin