RegisterDonateLogin

It's not wise to upset Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 191 - Solo Mode Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 7:39:07 AM
Groups: Member

Alright going with out there design choices again this week. So we have the AT-AT scenario piece and that has really been the end of that train of thought for the game. A lot of board games and even miniature games these days have solo modes built into them especially with distancing and many people not wanting to play digital versions and instead have the screen-free tactile experience. And I think while nothing beats the competitive aspect of a true person, I would like to see a scenario-like solo piece created to have some one versus AI play in the game, however you want that to look is up to you (single large piece or horde of smaller pieces). But create a solo mode opponent character for our game. Extra points for making it fun to battle against. Go forth and create my creative friends.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities, but must be from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm Sunday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Monday, August 3rd 2020.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:04:53 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Not sure if I'll come up with any ideas, but this one sounds interesting.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 2:18:44 PM

Love the idea. I'll have to let it stew a while
Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 6:41:44 PM

I think I'll expand on the horde idea. I'll just have to give them a gimmick ability that makes them possible to be AI. Probably have to link like 5 figures tho.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 9:53:21 PM

Totally fine with me, and looking forward to this expanding as far as it will go.
Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2020 12:05:14 PM

adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:39:44 PM

Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2020 5:56:14 PM

Neither mine nor Adamb0nd’s vote counts here. We’re relying on other people to vote.
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2020 6:13:16 PM

I'd give it to you zenkarp because of the effort you put into the project.
Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:27:09 AM

I'll start working on CCC Week 192 now
Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 5:31:03 PM

Wait nvm I just realized that the deadline was two weeks
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:44:31 AM

Lol, i overlooked that too.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 10:20:46 PM

Haha yep definitely have until this weekend for all the Gencon stuff. I’ll post mine up shortly but love what you guys have done!
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 11:02:40 PM

adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2020 5:25:27 AM

1. Zenkarp
2. GG
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2020 8:25:09 AM

So two different schools of thought here, Zenkarp I have to give you credit for literally building a new game mode with several characters and rules. Adam you went more generic like me and I think it’s pretty good as well, especially appreciate the simplicity and the coolness of fighting a stormtrooper though perhaps to easy of an opponent and more so if playing anti-ranged squads. Some cool ideas all around though in the end I have to give the edge to Zen for his hard work.

2nd Adam
1st Zen
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 8:58:50 AM

Just waiting on Zen to vote then he claims it
Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 3:31:48 PM

1. GG
2. adamb0nd

I don't have any good ideas for the next CCC Week, and I doubt I'll be able to come up with one. To be honest, I don't really feel putting in the effort of making a new CCC Week, as I stress over even the smallest things, like these. I don't really fell like putting a burden on myself by taking this up, knowing that I'm going to spend several hours trying to find the perfect topic. So, I'm going to give this one to you, GG.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 8:43:40 AM

I respect that Zen and I’ll come up with a new one, I’ll give us the two week time again because it’s a late start/gencon.