RegisterDonateLogin

Comes with a trial size packet of "Bloo-B-Gone" teeth whitener.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC WEEK 195 - Less is More Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 7:04:10 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Let's face it, it's no fun to activate 10 pieces and then wait for your opponent to finish moving their 90 Geonosian drones. Stormtroopers, Ewoks, Battledroids... all staples of the franchise, but all anchored to the dreaded NPE of high activation games... doomed to go to time or over in 5 minutes against a gallop or strafe.

This week we make scrubs playable while promoting fewer activation. There's a lot of ways to go about doing it, so be clever and have fun.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities, but must be from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sunday, September 6th, 2020 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm Sunday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Monday, September 7th, 2020.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2020 1:48:19 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, September 5, 2020 10:50:31 PM
Groups: Member

Well how about turning all those scrubs/activations into fewer activations and batteries?

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/38861/clone-wars-mechanized-infantry-veteran
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2020 8:44:35 PM

Well it’s a tie again haha, I really liked your choice of theme too! I think we should extend it out to two weeks and see if that helps
draw more designers in again. Want to post up the next one or want me too?
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 4:34:12 AM

Thanks GG. Great job. Really like the activation battery for a powerful attack, and using those scubs to fuel it would speed up gameplay. Ultimately, you got closer to the goal of the CCC than I did. Your week. I'm in favor of however you wanna run it and 2 weeks is OK with me.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 9:18:35 PM

Sounds good we’ll make this one a two-week event. And I’ll post something up shortly. Thanks for the piece critique, and I had a lot of fun trying to solve the activation spam problem.