Impresses females of your species.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Our games Daal-ema Options
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 10:19:12 AM
Groups: Member

UrbanShmi wrote:

Good talk, guys.

As far as a pass mechanic, Etienne and I actually tested it. I was playing a Sith rock squad with the new Bane (I know). I still loss, but with the passes, it was an actual game, instead of me just waiting for him to kill me.

Ninjas! It was a very fun and close game! Normally would be an auto loss for Sith.
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 2:49:44 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Daala appears to be created to give the trooper build a competitive squad. This will hamper her, but further hurt other trooper squads?

I'm not advocating against it, just would like to understand all possible side effects. I think I would be in favor of the benefits low act squads get over the power high act squads lose because we have so many unplayable high point piece. This sounds like it would help the sith faction especially.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 4:11:11 PM
Groups: Member

Here is an old post I dragged up that I made.

atmsalad wrote:
This is how I think the game works. Major Scizzors squads have hate that most squads can bring in through Lobot or are built in naturally. Major Rock squads are at a naturally disadvantage in this game due to the fact that most have lower activations than average, they don't have as many ranged weapons and in most cases can't take out multiple pieces consistently in 1 turn.(they do have a some great movement breakers than can be helpful.

Major Swarms are the oddball of the group. To compete with the major swarms you almost have to build a hate squad right now. Either yobuck, Durge, lancer or Bastilla.(Bastilla is not always the best choice...) You also have to be able to out activate them in some cases.(such as Durge on Speeder and maybe Luke and Leia) When they lose they do lose hard though. The problem I see with them is you either build for them or you don't. If you don't build for it you normally won't have a chance.

I don't have a problem with partial paper squads. About every squad I build has a minor paper aspect. My issue is with major paper squads. To get a full win is very difficult if you don't have a hard counter. Swarms in general are more than an NPE in my opinion, they are not good for the game.

By nature of spamming activations Swarms have an advantage in the game. I do not think a one time use mechanic would completely nerf high act swarms. However, it would make it so it's hard counters are actually hard counters instead of being on par in those matches. By taking away that inherent advantage, even for 1 round, you allow lower act squads to compete where they otherwise couldn't.

To answer the question you posed though no, it would not nerf all trooper squads. It would incredibly handicap any and all low hit point swarms. Which is a good thing IMO. The moderate hitpoint troopers would be less impacted. Things like the Elite Republic Commandos, OR Troopers, etc. The things that would be most negatively effected is any squad that is dependent upon out activating. Which I think should be the goal. Not just banning daala, but balancing the game away from all high act squads.