RegisterDonateLogin

Was never a condition of our arrangement.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Well 211 Unique Side Character Options
ArgonNaito
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 5:12:09 AM
Groups: Member

So here goes. Pick a unique character from any era that doesn't have a figure in the game. The character must be a secondary character that has done things of some importance or taken part in events, but still didn't receive much screen time in either the movies, comics or books.
(I hope the theme is understandable)

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities but must be from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sunday, March 21st, 2021 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm Sunday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, March 22nd, 2021.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
ArgonNaito
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 6:07:43 AM

I am going with a major unknown here.

Hadiya, The Despot Queen

Some info for those who don't know/remember her.
In legends she was a Twi'lek warlord that united all the crime Lords of Tython system into an army, starting the Despot War against the Je'daii. So she is the first major threat and the one who started the first war the Jedi came to face. The first enemy of the Jedi ever in the legends.
She was ruthless and used aggressive tactics. Her weapon was a long spear. Even thought she fought the much more powerful Je'daii she had victories against them, forcing them to order her assassination by Daegen Lok a double agent and Je'daii war hero.
harryg
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 12:46:36 PM

Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 4:51:07 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/37717/rael-averross--lord-regent

Little spoiler from the Vset-22 that didn't make the cut.
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 4:07:32 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

link leads to an error Caedus, maybe its still private?
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 7:11:57 AM

Toryn Farr, the only woman other than Princess Leia to have a speaking role in Empire Strikes Back. She's a comm officer at Echo Base (I think that will be evident by the piece haha)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39420/toryn-farr
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 9:09:51 AM

Caedus
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 1:47:07 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
link leads to an error Caedus, maybe its still private?

fixed
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2021 1:16:53 PM

I still am surprised we haven’t gotten Leebo yet, and what better way to make Dash Render relevant again

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/13056/le-bo2d9--leebo-
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021 7:22:43 AM

Sorry only have time for quick votes today so no comments for now (and just top 3)

1. GG
2. Caedus
3. Adam
Caedus
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021 8:57:20 AM

1. Argon
2. adam
3. harry
ArgonNaito
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021 12:28:33 PM

1.Caedus
Rael is one of the few characters of the new canon that has really left an impression to me. His quote about the light is a belief that many Jedi should have. I always wanted to see an ability that prevented characters from changing squads, so glad that was considered as a possibility.

2.adam
I was really torn here but I went with Paploo. I like seeing mobility and range attack for ewoks. It's also funny thinking this mini with the character flailing above the speeder.

3.Andy
Loved her when I saw her. Until now I didn't even know her name. Very thematic. I like the Hoth focused squad building. I do think her cost is low though: CE extensions + disruptive + her own CE and ok stats. That is my only concern.

Queen Karina was great. Strong boost to geonoshians with her CE. I like pieces that boost certain species. I was thinking maybe if it would be thematic to give Savage to the Geonosians placed by her ability.
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021 1:27:06 PM

1. andy - rebels really could use a piece like this. She addresses the low attack issue of many rebel heroes, boosts faction ce range, and supports a sub faction that needs some love. Great design.

2. gg - lobots a long time want of mine, and this harkens back to shadows of the empire on n64. Great work.

3. Harry - clever design. I like the boost to geonosians and think this pieces is overdue for the faction.
harryg
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021 3:32:59 PM

Top 3
1. adam
2. argon
3. caedus
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021 8:50:16 PM

Adam, very thematic but it could my ewok bias or a combo of that with strafe dislike that’s not making this guy pop for me. But I do think you did a solid job though, just missing a quote!

Argon, a bit heavy ability-wise but a low cost fringe prideful is great. The only thing is I would have costed her the same as Zann so they couldn’t stack together, currently with those two you have all fringe fodder attacking at +8 and +20 and can’t be stopped. So thematic hit but balance wise it’s too strong unless you drop her cost to block the Talon interaction.

Caedus, I didn’t even know we needed this piece until I saw it, Qui-Gon definitely needs the help and you gave it to him. Great simple boost here!

Andy, another excellent piece and love the hoth theme especially since Hoth are traditionally weaker rebels!

Harry, yes! This is fantastic. Simple and thematic a real top piece for me and quite well balanced too as you have the difficulty of trying to kill enemy near Karina (who will no doubt be sitting in gambit with bodyguards nearby) great stuff!

3rd Caedus
2nd Andy
1st Harry
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 7:07:43 AM

If my math is right Adam just knocks Caedus out 8 to his 7, congratulations Adam! Honestly there was a wide berth of ideas and a ton of solid designs out there! I would like to see each of these characters eventually make it to the game!