Cad Bane is lame. Options
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 10:03:05 AM
Groups: Member

Uggie Demo wrote:
Volvagia14 wrote:
Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
I think you can already start to see some of Anakin's attachment to her. Which as several posters predicted in the very beginning would likely contribute to Anakin's fall. I expect we will see more of that this season, even if like the second show, it's just glimpses.

I got it! Padme gets jealous and kills Ahsoka. BigGrin I would love to see that. ThumbsUp Woot

I'm sorry, but no.

Here is what I think might happen:
1. Cad Bane kills her, then Anakin kills Cad Bane Crying
2. She gets killed by the Clones in the Season Finale(of the last season)
3. Or She sacrivices herself to save Anakin.

OR 4....
she dies on the crapper.
adminsidious
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 10:09:22 AM

The options are nearly infinite. Personally, I think it'd be great if she was the one and only Jedi killed by plain old B-1 Series battle droids in the whole war.

ROGER ROGER
carnorjax1
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 10:34:21 AM

I think Aurra should kill Bane, I mean come on, thats the kind of thing she would do. And it would explain why she ends up working for the seps.
adminsidious
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 10:37:53 AM

carnorjax1 wrote:
I think Aurra should kill Bane, I mean come on, thats the kind of thing she would do. And it would explain why she ends up working for the seps.

He's not force sensitive, so I don't know why she would care. Isn't that her M.O.? The Jedi Killin?

If you see the initial stuff (the hiring of her and the rest of that team from the season 1 finale) it seems he's pretty likely to double cross and kill whoever is working for/with him, also.
Lobar Aybock
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 11:24:23 AM

I'm not a rabid Boba Fett fan, but it seems like most of what he did even in the EU stuff I've read, was track fugitives and bring them in, whether it was for Jabba or whomever. I'm not counting too much of the NR era stuff where he became Mandalore and all that. In my favorite Fett story 'Twin Engines Of Destruction,' he acted like a bounty hunter. He took down some cult leader posing as a Sith for a reward, dealt with the guilds, and jockeyed against another hunter who was scavenging his reputation. I've never seen anything where Durge, Jango, Zam or Cade actually tracked down a fugitive. It's just nitpicking, but it seems like they use the term 'bounty hunter' as kind of an all-inclusive handle to apply to fringe hired guns. It's not a big thing, but IMO, if you don't carry an IPKC and track down criminals, you're not a bounty hunter, you're a merc. As for so-called bounty hunters joining the war, it seems like the type of character who is a bounty hunter actually might not join up, otherwise they'd be employed as peacekeepers or police in peacetime, not bounty hunters. The Galaxy was embroiled in Civil War, but none of the cats that answered Vader's call to get Solo had chosen a side. They were content to make money and keep on the fringe. Durge and Cad in particular don't strike me that way - they are in command of Separatist troops. They're Separatists, or mercenaries at best.
adminsidious
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 11:48:20 AM

Wow, well said Lobar! I'd quote it, but it's long and it'd feel too much like tunneling.

I..have to agree, actually, so far, we haven't seen Cad do a bounty, just take some criminal jobs.

I think, though (at least based on what I've read about this upcoming season) that we will see Bane actually "hunting" his bounty.

Now, as wierd of a note as it is to make, I do think it needs to be made, that the galaxy is vastly diffrent at the point where 4-Lom and Boba and the boys line up on deck in front of Vader in a galactic civil war being fought by a few species, and what's going to go on in the middle of a galaxy wide war that's being fought 24-7 system by system. Which is going to flavor the characters (and the fiction that's bound to come out(for bane) or continue to come out (for the Fett clan), because it's two diffrent eras, and two diffrent wars.

Supposedly, (and I do say supposedly, because sometimes you just can't believe a "what's to come" interview), Cad will be hunting Anakin and Obi for a large part of this season, we just haven't seen it yet, I think they're making sure we know he's a ruthless, relentless, well planned, machine, before he really digs in to kill some Jedi on behalf of his new employer.

Now, I'm going to go ahead and admit, I may be a little bit overly fond of Bane, I can't help it, the Duros are just about my favorite Star Wars species.

Jediabiwan
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 11:59:10 AM

Yeah, Boba and the others seem to me to be the only true bounty hunters. Jango and Zam went after certain people, but in the end Jango was just Dooku's bodyguard.
Robin
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 9:56:26 AM

I think that cade should have avoid defeat. Because in the TV show the jedi capture him, and he escapes like evry time.

I also have to agree that cade isn't your normal bounty hunter, but in this time of war things are different. I agree that he really hasn't hunted down anyone yet, and he actually probley should have a bounty on his head, but then again where only 3 episodes into the season. I'm telling you guys it would be sick if Boba hunted him down and killed him, then threw ashoka into a scarlac pit. Drool

Well one can hope anyways.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:41:41 AM

Jediabiwan wrote:
Yeah, Boba and the others seem to me to be the only true bounty hunters. Jango and Zam went after certain people, but in the end Jango was just Dooku's bodyguard.

What about when Cad tracked down that Rodian Jedi? That was hunting for bounty. He died badly; if you look, he is last seen lying on the floor with his tongue sticking out. LOL Laugh
Roque Saber
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:28:13 PM

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:
Jediabiwan wrote:

What about when Cad tracked down that Rodian Jedi? That was hunting for bounty. He died badly; if you look, he is last seen lying on the floor with his tongue sticking out. LOL Laugh

Like this? Razz (ok, maybe without the smile...)
Shadowdragon
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:43:00 PM

Okay, I have a rant coming. Bane is NOT lame. Asohka is A: A Jedi, with a strong connection to the force, which enhances her natural abilities. B: A...What is it...I always forget...Togruta! A species with strong predatorial backround. Bane is just a trained martial artist (I think) and a really cool bounty hunter. Ahsoka will die, unless Lucasarts wants to alienate every fan older than 10. Fringers can be classified (in my book) as
1. Bounty Hunters: They hunt for profit.
2. Assassins: They kill for profit.
3. Enforcers: They beat up/fight for profit.

Those are the main sections. Credits make the galaxy go round, eh?
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:49:39 AM

adminsidious wrote:
The options are nearly infinite. Personally, I think it'd be great if she was the one and only Jedi killed by plain old B-1 Series battle droids in the whole war.

ROGER ROGER

Correction, she'd be the one and only Jedi seen by the audience to be killed by B1 battle droids.
Plenty (okay, not that many.) of other Jedi were killed by plain old B1s. Not because the droids were skilled, there were just too many. Or they were killed by better droids.
carnorjax1
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:45:40 AM

[/quote]He's not force sensitive, so I don't know why she would care. Isn't that her M.O.? The Jedi Killin?

If you see the initial stuff (the hiring of her and the rest of that team from the season 1 finale) it seems he's pretty likely to double cross and kill whoever is working for/with him, also.[/quote]

Yes, but he's stealing the jedi bounties, he's already picked off two jedi, that Aurra could have nabbed, and if it came to it, I think she would win hands-down against Cad.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:53:39 AM

carnorjax1 wrote:
He's not force sensitive, so I don't know why she would care. Isn't that her M.O.? The Jedi Killin?

If you see the initial stuff (the hiring of her and the rest of that team from the season 1 finale) it seems he's pretty likely to double cross and kill whoever is working for/with him, also.[/quote]

Yes, but he's stealing the jedi bounties, he's already picked off two jedi, that Aurra could have nabbed, and if it came to it, I think she would win hands-down against Cad.[/quote]

as much as i love Cad, Aurra would have his Number on speed dial.
The dark Woman was Aurras master before she was kidnapped by slavers, so Aurra connection with the force, and the Antennae from the Anzati make her a very formidable Foe, especially for Cad.
cannon as of late has kind of fallen apart at the seems though. in the Comic series, she was beaten by Aayla Secura, and imprisoned, never to be heard of again. now shes in the CW series as if nothing ever happened. Im curious as to if Cad and her will even oppose each other, and with the Mandalorian connection about to brew, me thinks that this is Sidious' death squad.
if Ahsoka was to kill Cad Mad, i think Aurra should be the one to make Ahsoka "one with the force".
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 9:42:12 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
The dark Woman was Aurras master before she was kidnapped by slavers, so Aurra connection with the force, and the Antennae from the Anzati make her a very formidable Foe, especially for Cad.
cannon as of late has kind of fallen apart at the seems though. in the Comic series, she was beaten by Aayla Secura, and imprisoned, never to be heard of again. now shes in the CW series as if nothing ever happened. Im curious as to if Cad and her will even oppose each other, and with the Mandalorian connection about to brew, me thinks that this is Sidious' death squad.
if Ahsoka was to kill Cad Mad, i think Aurra should be the one to make Ahsoka "one with the force".

In that comic where Aurra fights and losses to Aayla, didn't she start to make some sort of deal with the warden of the prison so that she'd get out early?
DarthKurt
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 10:37:33 AM

I think Grievous will kill Asohka.

Anakin to Grievous aboard the Invisible Hand: "You're gonna pay for the Jedi you killed today."

Fredwood
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:22:05 PM

DarthKurt wrote:
I think Grievous will kill Asohka.

Anakin to Grievous aboard the Invisible Hand: "You're gonna pay for the Jedi you killed today."

Wasn't that in reference to Roron and the Talz guy? Plus they did an all out assault on Coruscant, it wasn't like no random Jedi died during that.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:03:55 PM

IG-108 wrote:
Mandalore Da Beast wrote:

In that comic where Aurra fights and losses to Aayla, didn't she start to make some sort of deal with the warden of the prison so that she'd get out early?

that was left up to the council i thought.
but like i said, never to be heard of again.
in the series, its almost like they went from Aura, to Durge and then all Quinlon Vos and Order 66.
carnorjax1
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 12:49:43 PM

Maybe Aurra got thrown in the slammer after the Cad/team thing. We know she is still in there by the second Coruscant Nights book. And they should bring Quinlan onto the Clone Wars show.
IG-108
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 3:06:27 PM

Aurra shows up in one of the web comics on Starwars.com and helps Cade again by assisting in the capture of Bolo Repal and the Kyber crystal. So she didn't get caught after the hostage crisis episode.
But that's if the mini web comics are considered canon.