RegisterDonateLogin

What the heck is an "Aluminum Falcon"?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Balance Committee: pls reconsider Rigged Detonators and/or Mira of Nar Shaddaa Options
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2021 1:55:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

If you want Rigged Detonators to make sense then lose “attacks and” from the SA.
It makes no sense per the name or why the SA exists in the first place.
The representation of Zam blowing up Amidala’s ship. (Not attacking!)
Simple fix and just makes sense.
AceAce
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2021 7:46:50 AM
Groups: Member

I would say she is a problem. That aside, maps bear another look if she is left unchanged. Outlaw City as mentioned is a lousy map and very broken. Played Greg on it last evening with a Vong squad with an attacking Commander. I had the squad built to insure his longevity. On that map with Rigged Detonators (Zam) it is ridiculous. There are literally almost no squares that do not touch cover. The entire middle 60 percent of the map is impossible to move without this occurrence. Auto fails then are murder and in a squad with Jabba (such as Greg's,) Zam can shoot twice and then once with Zam doing unpreventable damage. Since the maps are what we have available, it's either change the ability or ban the map.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2021 5:20:58 PM

I stand by making Mira's damage 10. 40 damage is still great.
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, August 3, 2021 6:20:07 AM

AceAce wrote:
I would say she is a problem. That aside, maps bear another look if she is left unchanged. Outlaw City as mentioned is a lousy map and very broken. Played Greg on it last evening with a Vong squad with an attacking Commander. I had the squad built to insure his longevity. On that map with Rigged Detonators (Zam) it is ridiculous. There are literally almost no squares that do not touch cover. The entire middle 60 percent of the map is impossible to move without this occurrence. Auto fails then are murder and in a squad with Jabba (such as Greg's,) Zam can shoot twice and then once with Zam doing unpreventable damage. Since the maps are what we have available, it's either change the ability or ban the map.
That's well-said, Mike.

And there's the thing: I think these maps are really good maps! They're great for competitive play...if only RD wasn't a factor. I'd like to see more maps like this in the rotation, not less.