RegisterDonateLogin

Twin suns got you down? Cool off with Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Balance Committee, please consider the OR Options
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 7:09:55 AM
Groups: Member

It is clear to anyone and everyone that Bastila has to go. Sets have completely been ignoring her since satele and jaq came out. They add crap rivals that don't make any sense or have other ways to not include her. Even the new archivist piece negates denying to use her.

The OR is splintered into 3 or 4 subfactions that all suck.

Old Republic has some of the best stories and most loved characters in the game.
Since designers refuse to allow Bastila to have a competitive squad, I vote she gets banned so that designers can open up the faction.

Old Republic has stayed stagnant for forever. The best squads in Old Republic are wookiee commander and hex droids. Which is sad.

The #2 option is to lift rivalry with Bastila off of Malak. ( I say off of Revan as well).
Malak is a fantastically designed piece.
We need factions to be able to compete to have balance. This would instantly make them competitive. 97 points (I think) for bastila, revan, and Malak is half your squad. Other factions can do less with more. Bib and jabba can give +8 Attack and +20 damage for essentially 43 points.
4 Jedi and a shooter would be amazingly fun to play at the highest levels.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2021 6:43:55 AM

I just tried for a few hours to make a good Old Republic squad.
It is the same Bastila squad com over a decade ago.
This is embarrassing.

I was making this Covenant squad.... Added Revan and Malak to Lucien and that 23 point piece. Was really liking it. Then I remembered the rival.....

What in the world is going on with the rivalry in Old Republic? It truly is design fail and it has ruined the Old Republic and made it obsolete.

I, personally, feel that Bastila has a place, at least as a talzin counter and a jabba/talon counter as well.

It also can help with vindicated.

But if people just can't seem to design with her in the faction then just get rid of her. It is so bad to have such a terrible faction.
Wookiee commander and hex droids..... Both of which are not tier 1.

It is a disgrace.

The new 29 point Satele is a decent piece, but doesn't outmatch 37 point satele.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2021 8:12:01 AM

Since there is not a single person in the game happy with where Old Republic is right now....
I call on the balance committee to do something about it. Ban bastila and drop the rivals on Revan and Malak.

Old Republic would be on their way instantly. Then demand the design team to design powerful pieces for the OR.
jak
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2021 10:14:56 AM

Confused ban Bastilla?
then design a powerful OR piece?
Bastilla IS a powerful OR piece.

are looking for more options than just a Bastilla led squad?
personally I Heart Bastilla, AMB is the answer to CE heavy squads

however, I agree that more options would be nice.

do you have customs you've made, as examples of the kind of OR piece you want to see?
I'd be interested
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2021 12:08:59 PM

jak wrote:
Confused ban Bastilla?

do you have customs you've made, as examples of the kind of OR piece you want to see?
I'd be interested

Look at Old Republic pieces.
Covenant sub-faction has rival for Bastila.
Revan and Malak have rival for Bastila.

When I was PTing everyone talked about rival for Bastila and splitting the Old Republic. But I guess I was wrong. I thought that they would come to their senses when they found out it was just too hard to design around Bastila and would keep her included. But that is not the case.

Designers are too scared to design with Bastila.
So I say, ban her.

If we didn't ban Bastila and needed a piece to jump start Old Republic this is what I would put out.
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39773/nomi-sunrider--jedi-master

90 damage, great ranged defense, back up defense for adjacent shooters, small movement breaker and helps Thon be playable for sure. Force barrier Charging Assault from Thon is Epic!

I still think YOU FIX OR by lifting the rivalries off Malak completely and lifting the rival for Covenant from Revan. It would give two good squad types as well. Revan and Malak with Covenant and Malak with Bastila.

If we did Ban Bastila the piece I would put out in her place would be:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39774/nomi-sunrider--jedi-general

She would have to work exclusively with Malak and Revan and still be a decent attacker (she can do 60 with 3 force points). Presence of the Light Side can help Revan who needs force points.
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2021 3:48:22 PM

jak wrote:
Confused ban Bastilla?

I'd be interested

+1.

I am a huge OR Bastila fan as well. I have competed with her a few times at GenCon Indy champs, many many years ago. I love playing her. She won GenCon only one time, back in 2011. 10 years ago!!!!!!!!!! They need help. No Banning. Banning just sucks. Talk about "making changes to minis that don't make a difference in the current meta". Come on! That would make no sense. Let's move forward, not backwards. I'm with Jak. Build on their best mini; Bastila. Let's make OR great again! Give her some solid help to bring the OR to the championship top 6 or 8, at the very least ThumpUp
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2021 4:10:25 PM

Here's my idea. Make another worthy Satele Shan. Even better than the 37 pt one. Why you say????? Well, one that is uber strong, one that kicked Malgus' butt at the Battle of Alderaan. If you disagree with me, please watch the "Hope" cinematic trailer, one of the coolest lightsaber battles I have every watched. Here is the write up on Wookieepedia. She is absolutely bad ---, in this battle!

"The remaining Sith forces gained the upper-hand in the skirmish, eventually forcing the Republic soldiers on the defensive. Havoc Squad troopers that fell behind were systematically executed by the Sith,[6] until intervention from Satele Shan, who had raced to Malcom's aid after contacting the Council.[3] The Jedi Knight allowed Havoc Squad the opportunity to press their attack once more while she engaged Sith Warriors, their war droids, and Malgus himself. Shan and the Sith Lord's fierce melee was nearly ended when Malgus disarmed his opponent and attempted to stab her with his lightsaber. His attack was unsuccessful however, as Shan was able to absorb the energy from Malgus's lightsaber, essentially catching the blade with her own hands. While the Sith Lord attempted to penetrate the Jedi's defenses, he was tackled once again by Captain Malcom, who had recovered from their earlier scuffle. While the two grappled with one another, the Havoc squad captain activated a handheld grenade, sparking a blast that threw the two combatants apart, and grievously injured both.[6]

Satele Shan and Darth Malgus duel while the forest battle rages around them.

Jace Malcom was rendered unconscious, though Malgus quickly recovered. Despite surviving the explosion, the Sith Lord was again assaulted by Satele Shan, who threw him with the Force into a large rock face. As Malgus struggled against her telekinetic attack, the Jedi mustered strength through the Force and delivered a powerful Force Wave, impacting the Sith Lord and shattering the rock around him. With the Imperial commander incapacitated, Republic forces continued to wipe out the Sith forces both in the forest battle and across the rest of Alderaan. Malcom later recovered to find the Imperials defeated, along with many of his own men. Upon being joined by his savior Shan, the commander fired a signal flare into the sky to indicate the Republic victory. The flare was matched by dozens of others across the planet that were immediately followed by the arrival of the Republic fleet, which had returned from addressing Malgus's diversion.[6]"

(edited for language)
Cassus fett
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2021 4:27:52 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
Here's my idea. Make another worthy Satele Shan. Even better than the 37 pt one. Why you say????? Well, one that is uber strong, one that kicked Malgus' butt at the Battle of Alderaan. If you disagree with me, please watch the "Hope" cinematic trailer, one of the coolest lightsaber battles I have every watched. Here is the write up on Wookieepedia. She is absolutely bad ---, in this battle!

"The remaining Sith forces gained the upper-hand in the skirmish, eventually forcing the Republic soldiers on the defensive. Havoc Squad troopers that fell behind were systematically executed by the Sith,[6] until intervention from Satele Shan, who had raced to Malcom's aid after contacting the Council.[3] The Jedi Knight allowed Havoc Squad the opportunity to press their attack once more while she engaged Sith Warriors, their war droids, and Malgus himself. Shan and the Sith Lord's fierce melee was nearly ended when Malgus disarmed his opponent and attempted to stab her with his lightsaber. His attack was unsuccessful however, as Shan was able to absorb the energy from Malgus's lightsaber, essentially catching the blade with her own hands. While the Sith Lord attempted to penetrate the Jedi's defenses, he was tackled once again by Captain Malcom, who had recovered from their earlier scuffle. While the two grappled with one another, the Havoc squad captain activated a handheld grenade, sparking a blast that threw the two combatants apart, and grievously injured both.[6]

Jace Malcom was rendered unconscious, though Malgus quickly recovered. Despite surviving the explosion, the Sith Lord was again assaulted by Satele Shan, who threw him with the Force into a large rock face. As Malgus struggled against her telekinetic attack, the Jedi mustered strength through the Force and delivered a powerful Force Wave, impacting the Sith Lord and shattering the rock around him. With the Imperial commander incapacitated, Republic forces continued to wipe out the Sith forces both in the forest battle and across the rest of Alderaan. Malcom later recovered to find the Imperials defeated, along with many of his own men. Upon being joined by his savior Shan, the commander fired a signal flare into the sky to indicate the Republic victory. The flare was matched by dozens of others across the planet that were immediately followed by the arrival of the Republic fleet, which had returned from addressing Malgus's diversion.[6]"

Please no, no more Satele.
While I understand the rivalries from a thematic perspective, I agree they're severely hampering OR squad building. A lot of sub factions with zero interaction suuuuuucks.
Can we please get a better Ulic Qel-Droma or a new Nomi-Sunrider?
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2021 4:55:09 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
jak wrote:
Confused ban Bastilla?

I'd be interested

+1.

I am a huge OR Bastila fan as well. I have competed with her a few times at GenCon Indy champs, many many years ago. I love playing her. She won GenCon only one time, back in 2011. 10 years ago!!!!!!!!!! They need help. No Banning. Banning just sucks. Talk about "making changes to minis that don't make a difference in the current meta". Come on! That would make no sense. Let's move forward, not backwards. I'm with Jak. Build on their best mini; Bastila. Let's make OR great again! Give her some solid help to bring the OR to the championship top 6 or 8, at the very least ThumpUp

The only reason you would ban her is so designers can move forward. I get the feeling that the designers have no intention of making Bastila tier 1 again. They have proven that the last 6-8 years.
I am 100% in agreement that she should stay. I just don't think the designers want to do anything with her, so you might as well get rid of her to free up Old Republic design.

She makes designers hesitant to design powerful things in Old Republic.

Bastila has been left behind completely even though I think she is great for the game.

thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2021 5:34:12 PM

jen'ari wrote:
If we didn't ban Bastila and needed a piece to jump start Old Republic this is what I would put out.

90 damage, great ranged defense, back up defense for adjacent shooters, small movement breaker and helps Thon be playable for sure. Force barrier Charging Assault from Thon is Epic!

If we did Ban Bastila the piece I would put out in her place would be:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39774/nomi-sunrider--jedi-general

She would have to work exclusively with Malak and Revan and still be a decent attacker (she can do 60 with 3 force points). Presence of the Light Side can help Revan who needs force points.
I like both of those pieces, Jen'ari. If either one of them were made I could envision several good squads with them.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2021 5:39:49 PM

Cassus fett wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
Here's my idea. Make another worthy Satele Shan. Even better than the 37 pt one. Why you say????? Well, one that is uber strong, one that kicked Malgus' ass at the Battle of Alderaan. If you disagree with me, please watch the "Hope" cinematic trailer, one of the coolest lightsaber battles I have every watched. Here is the write up on Wookieepedia. She is absolutely bad ass, in this battle!

Please no, no more Satele.
While I understand the rivalries from a thematic perspective, I agree they're severely hampering OR squad building. A lot of sub factions with zero interaction suuuuuucks.
Can we please get a better Ulic Qel-Droma or a new Nomi-Sunrider?

To be honest it would be amazing if the game reflected the "power scale" of the Star Wars verse.
Satele should be a staple tier 1 piece.
Nomi Sunrider (my all time favorite character) should be a staple tier 1 piece as well.

The new 29 point Satele did come out with Force Push 4, which I think is supposed to showcase that force push against Malgus (I just checked and the piece is named "the Hero of Alderaan"). It is a good solid piece. But the OR needs great pieces.
Udorian84
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2021 6:40:02 PM

This piece is great because it would fit well in a Revan/Malak squad as well, getting the Rolling Evade only adds to her ranged defense, almost a waste to attack while not adjacent. Granting Acrobatics will help Pieces utilize Quick Strike without the fear of the attack from movement. It would make for some interesting combos for sure. You would have some movement with Revan's Battle Control and Force Farsight. I can see her in both squad types. You talk about the designers/balancers a lot. What pieces did you design? just curious, feel free to Bloomail me.
jak
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2021 4:55:02 AM

jen'ari wrote:
...and drop the rivals on Revan and Malak.

Old Republic would be on their way instantly. Then demand the design team to design powerful pieces for the OR.

that is the best answer

when a Vset piece is found to be awesome/broken, instead of fixing that piece
other pieces are designed to fix it
this complicates the game needlessly

instead of the OP's suggestion, I predict a piece will be made that effects RivalSad

thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2021 7:07:53 AM

jak wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

that is the best answer

instead of the OP's suggestion, I predict a piece will be made that effects RivalSad

Yes, I've often lamented this habit in the past too. If there are minor balancing tweaks to be made, then it's fine to solve that via new designs. But if something is overpowered or broken, then design is not the answer...errata is (or in extreme cases--Daala--banning).

However, I'm not sure that errata or banning is what is necessary here, with the OR. I would certainly like to see the superfluous Rivals disappear.

That being said, I'm even more invested in avoiding damage-stacking. That is, when pieces start doing more than 30dmg on an attack, it gets pretty ugly, quick. One thing I had in mind when designing Gnost Dural was the danger of damage-stacking...Quick Strike from Revan and Momentum from GenSkywalker (or Opportunist from Thrawn, etc) turn things around pretty quickly.

So I think that, to some degree, we do need to place some in-faction boundaries, in order to avoid crazy damage-stacking...a Raana Tey squad (Bravado) that could add Quick Strike and Prideful could get ugly quickly. But that was just an example; I know that Raana Tey and Revan and Farfalla would be too expensive for 1 squad, but the idea is clear: there needs to be a limit on damage-stacking.

Honestly, I think Bastilla would play just fine with others (and would require no Rivals) if only ABM didn't add a +10dmg. Her cost would need to decrease significantly in order to compensate (because she would become merely a different version of Disruptive), but then you could play Bastilla with Revan or with Covenant, etc. That would be interesting and would probably open up squad-building options a whole lot more. I know that designers are careful about Thrawn interactions when designing new Imperial commanders too.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2021 8:58:44 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
jak wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

that is the best answer

Yes, I've often lamented this habit in the past too. If there are minor balancing tweaks to be made, then it's fine to solve that via new designs. But if something is overpowered or broken, then design is not the answer...errata is (or in extreme cases--Daala--banning).

However, I'm not sure that errata or banning is what is necessary here, with the OR. I would certainly like to see the superfluous Rivals disappear.

That being said, I'm even more invested in avoiding damage-stacking. That is, when pieces start doing more than 30dmg on an attack, it gets pretty ugly, quick. One thing I had in mind when designing Gnost Dural was the danger of damage-stacking...Quick Strike from Revan and Momentum from GenSkywalker (or Opportunist from Thrawn, etc) turn things around pretty quickly.

So I think that, to some degree, we do need to place some in-faction boundaries, in order to avoid crazy damage-stacking...a Raana Tey squad (Bravado) that could add Quick Strike and Prideful could get ugly quickly. But that was just an example; I know that Raana Tey and Revan and Farfalla would be too expensive for 1 squad, but the idea is clear: there needs to be a limit on damage-stacking.

Honestly, I think Bastilla would play just fine with others (and would require no Rivals) if only ABM didn't add a +10dmg. Her cost would need to decrease significantly in order to compensate (because she would become merely a different version of Disruptive), but then you could play Bastilla with Revan or with Covenant, etc. That would be interesting and would probably open up squad-building options a whole lot more. I know that designers are careful about Thrawn interactions when designing new Imperial commanders too.

There is a difference in designing counters and designing powerful pieces. The answer to every problem is not found in a counter, that just closes squad building. It is just to make other powerful things. Freedom is always the answer to combat power. Unless the power level of a certain squad is just too much (Daala).

Which is why you keep the rival for Bastila on Revan, but not Malak, and drop the covenant rivalry on both.
No one cares at all about Covenant and their Bravado Specialization. It is a non factor.

It would be WAY better to just ban Bastila then it would be to drop the +10 damage on her. She is absolutely worthless without it.
Some pieces do more than 30 all on their own (Tarre Vizsla) and are just fine tbh. There are way too many characters that can do more than 30 and it is not really a problem. Heck Bib/Jabba already has +20 damage potential rather easily. Jabba/Talia gives +20 damage as well. Any piece with its own damage boost that gets boosted will be doing that. Why try and limit which factions can do it? Rebels have situational or limited damage boosts all over (commandos, rogue one, 2 Ghosts, ithorian commander, etc) and Rebels can't really compete. New Republic, same thing...... and they are on the bottom end.
Damage Boost is a must.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2021 6:41:31 PM

True enough, it's not uncommon for pieces to do more than 30 dmg per attack now. And if that's the direction that the game is increasingly headed, then we'll need to adjust accordingly, and therefore adjustments to Bastilla and/or Rival may very well be in order.

I think my comments were coming more from my own personal bias, which is that I don't like this trend of low-cost pieces being able to do 50dmg per attack. I think that unchecked damage-stacking is not good for the game. It will make contentious things like SSM and save bonuses even more necessary (and therefore ubiquitous) than ever before.

I really like your 53pt Nomi Sunrider JM design, because she is a powerful piece with a strong defensive ability that could make a big difference in several squad types. If damage-stacking is going to continue then I'd love to see this piece get made.
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 10:34:52 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
I think my comments were coming more from my own personal bias, which is that I don't like this trend of low-cost pieces being able to do 50dmg per attack.

Big +1
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 11:49:18 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

This game has come a LONG way from my first battle so many years ago...when you had to combine fire with 4 droids just to hit Obi-Wan for 20 damage (with a SBD)...and you could wall off Grievous with just Battle Droids to slow down the Jedi...which could only do two attacks by spending force points for Assault or stand still...ahhh...memories...

(now those same droids get Triple/Twin for 30/40 damage...and the Jedi...well...most have to do 120 damage in one turn or they aren't worth using...)
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 12:35:52 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
I think my comments were coming more from my own personal bias, which is that I don't like this trend of low-cost pieces being able to do 50dmg per attack. I think that unchecked damage-stacking is not good for the game.

Fully Agreed

thereisnotry wrote:
It will make contentious things like SSM and save bonuses even more necessary (and therefore ubiquitous) than ever before.

Absolutely disagree, and here is where designers are completely failing - a total lack of creativity.

Now let me stress again that DAMAGE STACKING IS BAD FOR THE GAME. I am not arguing for it.

But too many saves is also bad for the game. SAVES are not the only way to combat damage stacking.

In fact - we can combat BOTH problems at once, we just need to get designers OUT OF THE MINDSET that SAVES are the only way to counter damage.

I looked forever for my big manifesto about the need for damage capping abilities in our game that I wrote for set 14. Couldn't find it. But we did introduce several in that set. They have been sparsely used since then, if at all. I'd love to use the ones we have more, and expand them.

The general concept is that mega damage needs to be curbed. But for the love of Pete we don't need more saves.

With Damage Reducing abilities, it encourages players to increase their damage output, so more gets through.

With Damage Capping abilities, more damage is wasted, and it's better to focus on more medium attacks that will hit, rather than a couple mega hits.

It also encourages the opponent to attack more. With saves it is possible hit a million times and literally do no damage. With these abilities, if you hit, YOU WILL DO DAMAGE, it just may be less.

Defensive:

Lightsaber Protection 1(/2) (Force 1(/2): This turn, when this character would take over 20(/10) damage, reduce the damage to 20(/10). The reduced damage cannot be prevented or redirected.)

(Advanced) Diffusion Armor (Whenever this character takes more than 10 damage, immediately reduce the damage to 10. The reduced damage cannot be prevented or redirected. Adjacent enemies ignore this ability.)

Director Orson Krennic's CE: Attacks with lightsabers ignore this effect:
If an Imperial ally would take exactly 20 damage from Unit Bodyguard, it takes 10 damage instead; If it would take more than 20 damage from Unit Bodyguard, it takes 20 damage instead.

We've used the above, and I'd love to see more, or different takes on these.

New ideas -

Offensive:

Blaster Beam Splitter [replaces attacks: Attack the same enemy for exactly 10 damage 3 times. This damage cannot be increased, prevented or redirected]

Damage Limitation (Damage Cap) [This character's damage output may never increase for any reason. (Damage from this character's attacks cannot be prevented or redirected)] (Second half optional)

At the core - the concept is: Damage happens, but it is less damage. Bodyguard and Decoy are also examples - damage still happens, but it spreads it around.

I do think there are too many saves in the game, but this concept is not simply anti-save. It's anti-"all or nothing"

It encourages people to attack when they can actually do damage. It encourages people not to hide when the damage is capped. What ends up happening is more engagement and games play faster.

Currently, it is quite easy to lose a main piece in one phase. If you expose your big beat, they are likely dead. Or they roll a bunch of successful saves - but that takes no skill, it's just luck.

It's much better when you know your big beat won't die, because there is a max damage they can take. And they WILL take some damage. Both sides are motivated to jump in and start fighting quickly. Less running and hiding.

I don't think people realize how much saves and "all or nothing" damage negatively impacts games. It causes for more swings based on luck. It causes more running, hiding, locking doors. It causes more NPEs based solely on luck. It takes up time to simply roll all those saves (and re-roll, and possibly cancel, et, etc).

We sort of did a "test run" of some of these components in Vset 14. A couple have been re-used, but designers tend to go to the save based oldies. So far as I know, the damage-cap related abilities have been well recieved, and none have been proven to be broken. They simply aren't widespread enough to make a large impact. I'd love to reuse the ones we have, and push more new ones. Let's get this concept to spread and become more commonplace.

I'm not saying "no more saves", they have their place in our game. What I am proposing is "consciously less saves". That is the defense side.

On the offense side, I am all for damage limiting abilities. They make it safe to make a cool lower cost NU and not worry that they are gonna end up being used Daala style.

I call this general concept "damage capping", but expanded out the concept is - small damage, more frequently.

This isn't a quick fix. This is long term and we need to get designers on board. We need to get designers to stop mindlessly slapping on Evade and LS Defense on every other piece. We DEFINITELY need to be more conscious about damage stacking, and promote damage capping. Lazy, uncreative design for years and years have brought us here. More designers getting on board with this concept could get us back to a good place.

Still Errata when we really need to for broken pieces (Daala). However, changing overall thinking for design is necessary REGARDLESS of what the BC does, because we continue to go down the rabbit hole if we don't change, making more and more mistakes.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 1:01:12 PM

We also introduced some new ones in Vset 22.

Defensive:

Impact Dispersion Armor [Whenever this character takes more than 20 damage, immediately reduce the damage to 20. The reduced damage cannot be prevented or redirected. Damage from Force Powers, non-melee attacks and attacks from lightsabers ignore this ability.] (13/30) Bhindi Drayson, Wraith Squadron Counter Tech Expert (NR) NO SAVE!

Lightning Shield [Force 1; usable when this character would take damage. This turn, when this character would take damage, reduce the damage to 20. The reduced damage cannot be prevented or redirected; This turn, when this character is damaged by a non-adjacent enemy, that enemy takes 10 unpreventable damage.] (6/30) Darth Angral (Sith) NO SAVE!

(Tangentially related)

(27/30) Neo-Crusader Sergeant (Mando) CE
Neo-Crusader allies gain Defensive Plates.
Conditional non-save based defensive bonus

Heat Signature Dissipation [If this character did not move on its turn; until the end of the round, it gains Cloaked (If this character has cover, it cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies)] (12/30) Dashade Partisan (Rebel) and (21/30) Dashade Pirate (Fringe) Conditional non-save based defensive bonus

Offensive:

Burst Run [Force 1, replaces attacks: Move up to speed, as this character moves, each enemy within 2 squares takes 10 damage. This ability cannot be used on any enemy twice this turn.] (4/30) Green Jedi Soldier (OR) NO SAVE!

Camaraderie [Neo-Crusader and non-Unique Mandalorian allies gain Destabilizing Attack] (26/30) Kex, Neo-Crusader Quartermaster (Mando) ANTI - save-based defense

Ethereal Spike (Replaces attacks: range 3; 10 damage to target enemy. This damage may not be prevented or redirected.) {given through Descendant of Dathomir, not innately on card} (23/30) Nightsister Spirit (Fringe) NO SAVE!

Kyber Dart [Replaces turn: range 6; 20 damage to target living enemy] (26/30) Kex, Neo-Crusader Quartermaster (Mando) NO SAVE!

(2/30) General Vaklu, Defender of Onderon (OR) CE
At the start of the skirmish, choose 1 Unique ally with a lightsaber. That ally gains Stifling Attack for the rest of the skirmish. ANTI - save-based defense

(7/30) Gavar Khai (Sith)
If all Unique allies have Lost Tribe, Unique allies gain Stifling Attack
ANTI - save-based defense

(Tangentially related)

Percussion Blaster [Unactivated target enemy hit by this characters attack is considered activated at the end of the next phase. Usable against one target per turn, declare use when target has been hit. Huge and larger characters ignore this special ability.] (22/30) Hylobon Enforcer (Fringe) NO SAVE!

Sonic Bolt [Replaces attacks: range 6; unactivated target enemy is considered activated at the end of the next phase. Huge and larger characters ignore this special ability.] (10/30) Geonosian Trooper (Sep) and (21/30) Dashade Pirate (Fringe) NO SAVE!