RegisterDonateLogin

Don't worry, she'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Cad iz bad, But Tortured Jedi Makes 'Em Meanuh......... Options
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 2:21:31 PM
Groups: Member

Ya know what?
talk all the Smack ya want about Cad Bane.
any one besides me on here ever see "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"?
Ya know who Angel Eyes is?
Confused Blink Bored Scared
its Cad Bane.
fear him.....
or you will feel the wrath of Double/twin, Superstealth Sarlaac Lovins'.
Ahsoka?
Fear her, yes. kill Cad? aw heck NO!

"my name is Grand Master Yoda, and I approve this message."

Fredwood
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 2:36:50 PM

Lucas loves to give his cool bad guys punk deaths, so you just know that Ashoka is going to kill him.

Nothing would lamer than to have a 12 year old girl with a necklace that's too small to fit over her head who whines all the time, kill the Star Wars equivalent of Lee Van Cleef, but that's what's going to happen. Hopefully she won't be temporarily blinded when she does it.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 2:46:05 PM

Fredwood wrote:
Lucas loves to give his cool bad guys punk deaths, so you just know that Ashoka is going to kill him.

Nothing would lamer than to have a 12 year old girl with a necklace that's too small to fit over her head who whines all the time, kill the Star Wars equivalent of Lee Van Cleef, but that's what's going to happen. Hopefully she won't be temporarily blinded when she does it.

I.E :
Fett to the Sarlaac, Maul split into 2 different versions of 50% and Jango's head being removed from his shoulders in the most Vapaad of ways.

if she Kills Cad, she has to die along with him.
otherwise, my faith in Cannon has gone down the Johnny Flusher.
(Karen traviss, we will miss you.)
BHenry76
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 5:58:35 PM

Yeah, but did anyone else notice the anger she displayed towards Cad? Not exactly the Jedi way, you know. I'm guessing that if she kills him, it will spiral her towards the Dark side, and culminate with a showdown against Anakin. Just a theory, but hey, it could happen.
"Come over to the dark side.... We've got cookies!"
dalsiandon
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 4:10:11 AM

Funny I was tryin' to figure out what western charactrer Cad most represented, and your spot on there in the OP it's Angel Eyes from the Fist Full of Dollars trilogy. Holy Crap... Does that mean we'll soon have a Clint Eastwood cowboy mini in SWM via some odd Alien Hero?
Space Jawa
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 4:17:17 AM

dalsiandon wrote:
Funny I was tryin' to figure out what western charactrer Cad most represented, and your spot on there in the OP it's Angel Eyes from the Fist Full of Dollars trilogy. Holy Crap... Does that mean we'll soon have a Clint Eastwood cowboy mini in SWM via some odd Alien Hero?

That would be Boba Fett, actually. Cad's was created to be the Angel Eyes to Fett's Man With No Name. Which is part of the reason why I have suspicions that it will be Boba Fett himself who offs Cad in the end.
dalsiandon
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 4:23:53 AM

Space Jawa wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:

That would be Boba Fett, actually. Cad's was created to be the Angel Eyes to Fett's Man With No Name. Which is part of the reason why I have suspicions that it will be Boba Fett himself who offs Cad in the end.

hum...that is very likely, after all his mando chest armor with some imagination sure could look like the face of a cast iron stove.
Gemini1179
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 4:50:57 AM

I'm not a Cad fan. The character has been given a big 'push', and in order to do so, Lucasfilm continues it's "dumming" down of the jedi. Let's face it, no Bounty Hunter, no matter what kind of gadgets he has should be able to defeat a Jedi in a one-on-one fight- that's why I LOVED when Mace made a punk out of Jango. That's pretty much how it should go EVERY TIME. However, Lucas couldn't sell nearly as much merchandise if he didn't appeal to the BH fan base.

I'm fully ok with Ashoka whooping Cad's butt, but then being foolish. That's what she is, a very deadly, young girl. I hardly think Cad's big plan was to hope she didn't cut him in half with her lightsaber, beat him up hand-to-hand, then get close enough for him to use his stun-gloves.... RollEyes ...he was just *hoping* to exploit a weakness, which he did.
adminsidious
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 6:04:36 AM

And again here, I just don't see it as "Dumbing down" the Jedi. So much as what looks like Gemini being a hardcore jedi Fan. (totally saying fan, not fanboy, there's no profanity, and I don't believe that Gemini was crying when he posted. :) )

Lucas is showing that unlike the movies he made in the 70's, and then re-invented in the late 90's early 200's, that focused primarily around the force in small scale conflict in regards to force users, that the force isn't all powerful.

Now, Boba died like a tool, that's true. But that wasn't even the Jedi, that was Han, accidentally activating his jetpack with a vibro axe. More of a freak accident than an example that bounty hunters suck.

I hate to be the one to state the obvious, but it hardly takes a force user to take down a force user. *cough*order66*cough* And Bounty hunters are far more experienced and less docile than the Clones, as a general rule.

Kai Ai Mundi fell down so fast I hate the whole cerean species now, and had what, 3 clones shooting at him?

The element of suprise is a powerful one, and unlike most other bounty hunters we've seen so far, Cad Bane uses it.

Now, As to selling toys, the fact is, Lucas will continue to sell toys regardless of which Fan Base he caters to. Star wars toys have been available for purchase in major retailers for my entire 30 year lifespan, I am positive they will continue to for another 30, regardless of the choice of one character on the current cartoon. They sold Ewoks toys when I was a kid, and toys of the comics, and toys of the novels, and re-releases of the old toys. It's not like Lucas has to keep inventing characters, he could just sell plastic lightsabers from now, until doomsday, and would still make money at it.

Bane was originally going to be Durge, but they decided at the last minute to change it to a new character to be their "hunter" for season 2.

The real question I'm compelled to ask Gemini, is, "If it wasn't a force user, and in any way defeated the Jedi and proved himself to be a viable villian; wouldn't that also meet your qualifications that he has been given a "Push" and the Jedi were "Dumbed down?"

Or at very least what is the quantifying factor in this statement? : "No bounty hunter, no matter what kind of gadgets he has, should be able to defeat a jedi in a one on one fight."? IE: Where does that rule come from, because it certainly didn't come from the Creator of the Genre.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 6:24:26 AM

A point; Boba did not die in the Sarlacc.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 6:24:33 AM

Bounty Hunters own Jedi.
look at KoToR and the Mando Mercenaries.
adminsidious
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 6:26:38 AM

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:

Depends on which universe you're looking at.

In the EU, sure, novels brought him out of the Sarlacc years and years after people wondered about the Iconic guy in the armor that Vader told not disintigrate anyone.

In the FU, only the movies, shows, and video games that Lucas has recently said count, count.

Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 6:57:26 AM

adminsidious wrote:
Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:

In the EU, sure, novels brought him out of the Sarlacc years and years after people wondered about the Iconic guy in the armor that Vader told not disintigrate anyone.

In the FU, only the movies, shows, and video games that Lucas has recently said count, count.

these days though, EU is the word of Lucas, though he isnt writing this stuff (thank God), he still has his hand in n the final cut.

Boba went down in the Sarlaac, and got out, with alot of help from Grenades, his flame thrower and his jet pack. Even dengar had his hand in the aid of biringing back Fett. quite the display of tenacity if you ask me.
has anyone ever seen Fett use a Light saber?
he got his green blade from a Jedi, a Jedi he killed.
Bounty Hunters own Jedi. they are the Bane of Jedi.

Sithborg
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 7:05:27 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

All I know, this is official for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f10ysFRY3UA
adminsidious
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 7:24:39 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
adminsidious wrote:
Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:

these days though, EU is the word of Lucas, though he isnt writing this stuff (thank God), he still has his hand in n the final cut.

Boba went down in the Sarlaac, and got out, with alot of help from Grenades, his flame thrower and his jet pack. Even dengar had his hand in the aid of biringing back Fett. quite the display of tenacity if you ask me.
has anyone ever seen Fett use a Light saber?
he got his green blade from a Jedi, a Jedi he killed.
Bounty Hunters own Jedi. they are the Bane of Jedi.

EU Isn't the word of Lucas anymore though. Somewhere in the seventies he supposedly said he gave a final nod on all star wars products, making them official. I do believe this was said, mind you, I only say "supposedly" because I have never actually seen the interview in print or video.

The FU, however, (aptly named, alot of people think.) is a fairly recent development, only coming out in the months following the force unleashed video game, and it's direct contradiction to alot of "canon" stuff in the EU. When questioned about this, Lucasarts, or Lucas (again, supposedly, because I can't cite source material) said that from then on, only what they decided to make relevant was the official Force Universe. (extra hillarious, because Force Unleashed is officially an alternate universe story now anyway.)

Alot of the Tim Zahn fans (heck, EU fans in general) consider it a slap in the face, but realistically, there was no way he actually signed off on all those ewok lunchboxes. And it's his/his company's product, if they want to keep releasing stuff, and have to toss the EU out to do it, I don't care, it's not like the EU stuff loses it's meaning (which is to say, you can still contextify it your preffered vision of a big fake universe, and I can still applaud you for it. :) ), just that there are diffrent cannon's, and in FU (the easiest to work with when discussing the cartoon, because it removes alot from the discussion), where Cad Bane is currently a bad Mofo, it's easier to discuss it from an FU perspective.

Anyway, please don't get me wrong here, I'm a big fan of the EU. I think Legacy is actually my favorite Star Wars era, even outside of the movies, but, when looking at the context of FU Bounty Hunters, Boba isn't so good in the movies is all. He's not my favorite character in the EU even, but I won't deny that his EU exploits are the stuff of legend to millions of his fans, which is pretty cool.

I'm just saying for FU's comparison of Bounty Hunters, Jango kicked Obi off a ledge, Mace cut Jango's head off. Sure, 1-1, Jedi1- Bounty Hunters 1. Boba falling down a hole doesn't really affect the score.

From there, you have to look at other example of trained guys killing Jedi, which is in the execution of Order 66. Where squads of 3-6 Clones killed 99% of the Jedi council in about 7 seconds.

As a final clarifying statement, you have to look at the characters you see in Star Wars, and how they operate. Cad Bane for example, operates on a level that the Jedi (heck, the whole galaxy!) are notoriously ignorant of, and weak against, that is to say, "working with a plan." To my knowledge, 2 characters in the whole of the Force Universe had such a thing. Darth Sidious, and Cad Bane. Everyone else was working on instinct, the immediate will of the living force, or orders.

IG-108
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 11:04:54 AM

Gemini1179 wrote:
Let's face it, no Bounty Hunter, no matter what kind of gadgets he has should be able to defeat a Jedi in a one-on-one fight.

Um, there are plenty of Bounty Hunters and others that have taken Jedi down one on one. Granted, they did have their gadgets to help them, but it makes this statement void.
I know for sure that Jango was able to take down a dark Jedi (Komari Vosa) all on his own and that Jedi that tried to take on Dooku and friends in the arena. Mace was 10 times the fighter Vosa was and Fett's Jetpack wasn't working, otherwise he would have flown farther away and continued to try and take down Mace. You can tell because right before he's decapitated, his jetpack sparks and some flames shoot out from the bottom.
I'm also sure that if I did some researching on Wookiepedia, I could find a few Jedi that Boba took down. And some mercenaries that have beaten Jedi one on one.
carnorjax1
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 11:41:30 AM

Besides, the Seps need new villains. They can't keep saying that Durge pulled himself back together, or that the bottomless pits Ventress falls into are actually not that bottomless. Or that Grievous bought new cough medicine. And granted Cad might not be as good as Jango, or he might be better, but someone had to rise to the top of the bounty hunting food chain. Granted, I had though it would be Aurra, but why not Cad?
As for the jedi getting dumbed down, I didn't think that was possible after watching Revenge of The Sith. I mean the Jedi's next door neighbor is an evil sith, and Yoda's only always-present cop-out excuse is, "The dark side clouds everything"!? That and Mace just sitting there being suspicious of everyone, while jedi all over the galaxy get owned by a couple clones.
dalsiandon
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:41:59 AM

Okay so I thought this was awesomely funny, in this article from CNBC it makes this remark;
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33510165/ns/entertainment-television/

Bane follows in the grand tradition of legendary “Star Wars” bad-boy Boba Fett. He was created by request from Lucas, who wanted a mercenary based on Lee Van Cleef, an actor who often wore the black hat in westerns like “The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly” (Cleef is “the Ugly”).

Just what many of us had figured from earlier on in this thread.
Mickey
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:48:48 PM

When I was playing SWG and jedi came out bounty hunters were the ones sent to take them down. Just thought I'd throw that out there Woot
turkveal
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:38:03 PM

Sithborg wrote:
All I know, this is official for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f10ysFRY3UA

If thats not what happened i refuse to know the truth.