RegisterDonateLogin

Is altering the meal. Pray it doesn't alter it further.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Cad iz bad, But Tortured Jedi Makes 'Em Meanuh......... Options
Mordantos
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 6:33:09 PM
Groups: Member

dalsiandon wrote:
...in this article from CNBC it makes this remark;
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33510165/ns/entertainment-television/
...blah, blah, blah...(Cleef is “the Ugly”).
Sigh. So much for Journalism. Cleef was "the Bad."
"The Ugly," was Tuco and played by Eli Wallach
Lachesis
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:45:10 PM

well apparently bounty hunters are the s***, because jango has a whole bunch of clones, that took out a whole bunch of jedi. checkmate

also, screw lucas, he is the worst thing that ever happen to starwars.

EU is where it is at. the movies cant touch the EU.

in my star wars, cade skywalker does drugs, nails hot girls. ( talon? id hit it?) Boba fett escaped the sarlacc pit, chewbacca got crushed by a moon, and Darth Revan is the most powerful being in the entire timeline.

sorry fanboys, but 75 years isnt much to brag about.
Mickey
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 12:15:08 AM

Screw Lucas? How can you say that considering there would be no Star Wars without him. Everyone hates on him for trying to protect what he created to keep it to his vision. His work created many innovations in the computer graphics and digital sound industries that has made what movies are today. You need to give credit where credit is do and quit hating on the man that brought us something to all enjoy.
Zalkrie
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 12:17:30 AM

without Lucas there wouldn't even BE a Star Wars. How can you say he is the worst thing to ever happen to something he created?
dalsiandon
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:26:04 AM

Well that post was just full of wisdom. Overflowing.
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:43:53 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Lachesis wrote:
well apparently bounty hunters are the s***, because jango has a whole bunch of clones, that took out a whole bunch of jedi. checkmate

in my star wars, cade skywalker does drugs, nails hot girls. ( talon? id hit it?) Boba fett escaped the sarlacc pit, chewbacca got crushed by a moon, and Darth Revan is the most powerful being in the entire timeline.

Yeah, they were clones of a bounty hunter, but they weren't bounty hunters themselves. So evidently troopers en masse trump bounty hunters and jedis. But not a whiney farmboy and a sarcastic smuggler. Troopers just can't touch them.

And I'm a fan of the EU as well, but you gotta give Lucas credit for creating the universe that these characters are a part of.

I also wanna know the Star Wars you are looking at where Revan is the most powerful being ever. He doesn't even seem to do all that much except running around stabbing people with his lightsaber while he has an identity crisis.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:48:24 AM

my honest opinion is that Darth Bane would steal darth Revans Breakfast, and beat Revan over the head with it.
granted, Bane got his Knowledge from Revan, but the power that darth Bane would be overwhelming to Revan if they had ever fought.
BTW, im glad to see this thread up again, and i dont care if its off topic or on.
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:57:45 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
my honest opinion is that Darth Bane would steal darth Revans Breakfast, and beat Revan over the head with it.
granted, Bane got his Knowledge from Revan, but the power that darth Bane would be overwhelming to Revan if they had ever fought.

Take that back ;)
IG-108
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:42:36 AM

Lachesis wrote:

Your universe wouldn't exist without Lucas. So I'd be careful about talking smack about him creating the entire series. So calling him the worst thing to happen to Star Wars is a huge oxymoron.
Be careful where you tread Lachesis. That's how people get labeled hypocrites.
Lachesis
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:48:13 AM

ok the reason i dislike lucas so very much, is he has to much power. yeah he made star wars, but he could ruin it in a heart beat. if george lucas wanted to change cade skywalker into a pure light, pure hearted jedi, close to that of obi wan. he could. even though anyone who ever has read one of the legacy comics knows that that would completely ruin the comic, he could do it, and what does that matter to him, nothing. hes still rich he is still makeing money, but what happens to the writers that are making legacy, they suffer from the decline in an already declining market.

also, darth revan > darth bane.
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:18:17 AM

Lachesis wrote:
ok the reason i dislike lucas so very much, is he has to much power. yeah he made star wars, but he could ruin it in a heart beat. if george lucas wanted to change cade skywalker into a pure light, pure hearted jedi, close to that of obi wan. he could. even though anyone who ever has read one of the legacy comics knows that that would completely ruin the comic, he could do it, and what does that matter to him, nothing. hes still rich he is still makeing money, but what happens to the writers that are making legacy, they suffer from the decline in an already declining market.

also, darth revan > darth bane.

I dont think this is far fetched.

As Lucas has gotten older he has shown that sometimes he gets a bit quirky with what he wants out of cannon. This would not be bad but I think most can see that when he starts messing with cannon it has more to do with dollar signs then bettering the story.

I mean truthfully some of the EU stories are actually better written stories than the original. Lucas will always get props because he built the playground. But that certainly doesnt mean others have not greatly imporved the playground.

One of the saddest things I have seen lately is the decision to trash the enitre Mandolorian background work Karen Traviss put into EU.

I find that thousands of generations of Jedi trumps bounty hunters. Remember a generation is not a year it is a life span. So the Jedi have reigned for thousands of generations.

Also the clones killing Jedi was simple. Actually it is spelled out in Order 66. One of the Jedi and Omega squad noticed that looking at the theater of War the Jedi were spread thin (they remarked how it seemed almost on purpose). When Jedi went down generally quite a few of them were already in the middle of fighting the CIS (see Ki Adi Mundi remember he was leading Bacara's clones safely by deflecting shots from the CIS a back shot would have been easy).

Also comparing Bane to Revan is just wrong.

Bane was much more intelligent than that. Bane would have killed Malak and then been Revans apprentice. Where Bane is smarter than Malak is Bane wouldhave waited for Revan to win the war. Then Bane would have waited until he was more powerful and learned all he could from Revan before killing him..... You are not giving Bane enough credit for his cunning.
Gemini1179
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:49:44 AM

dnemiller wrote:

Bane was much more intelligent than that. Bane would have killed Malak and then been Revans apprentice. Where Bane is smarter than Malak is Bane wouldhave waited for Revan to win the war. Then Bane would have waited until he was more powerful and learned all he could from Revan before killing him..... You are not giving Bane enough credit for his cunning.

Could not agree more. After reading the very well thought out Darth Bane books, it is very clear Bane is not a brute, or a fool. In fact, in terms of being a Dark Side user, personally, in the history of Dark Side users, I think Darth Bane (and Revan) were probably the only 2 who really got it.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:51:37 AM

Gemini1179 wrote:
dnemiller wrote:

Could not agree more. After reading the very well thought out Darth Bane books, it is very clear Bane is not a brute, or a fool. In fact, in terms of being a Dark Side user, personally, in the history of Dark Side users, I think Darth Bane (and Revan) were probably the only 2 who really got it.

Totally agreed, well put Dean and Gemini! ThumbsUp
Fredwood
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:37:55 PM

dalsiandon wrote:
Okay so I thought this was awesomely funny, in this article from CNBC it makes this remark;
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33510165/ns/entertainment-television/

Bane follows in the grand tradition of legendary “Star Wars” bad-boy Boba Fett. He was created by request from Lucas, who wanted a mercenary based on Lee Van Cleef, an actor who often wore the black hat in westerns like “The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly” (Cleef is “the Ugly”).

Just what many of us had figured from earlier on in this thread.

Lee van Cleef is the bad, not the ugly, it's a necro'd thread sure, but I just read it. Eli Wallach is the ugly.

eh I'm late, I should read the next pages of threads...oh well.

You can have your bane and revans, I am and always will be, a sidious/palpatine fan. Those two jumpstarts don't rate on the same chart.
maverick
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:47:59 PM

Bane created the order that allowed Palpatine to eventually rule the entire galaxy, that was Bane's plan all along, he didn't think he would defeat the jedi, but he enacted a plan that would lead to their downfall. Only because of Bane did Palpatine ever amount to anything.
Lachesis
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:06:19 PM

maverick wrote:
Bane created the order that allowed Palpatine to eventually rule the entire galaxy, that was Bane's plan all along, he didn't think he would defeat the jedi, but he enacted a plan that would lead to their downfall. Only because of Bane did Palpatine ever amount to anything.

palpatine and bane both followed the guidelines, that Revan created, the holocrons that Revan made, Revan had an army that did nothing but obeyed his orders, (droids). palps knew that was the only way to have real power, so he took control of clones, soilders that knew nothing better but to obey the person on top, palps.

bane was a bad ass in every aspect, and my second favorite dark lord of the sith.

and Revan is imo the best, cause he did it all, he LEAD A WAR agianst the mandolorians and won. created and controlled an army, that would of teared the galaxy apart. revan was a master strategist, and a complete master of the force, as well as one of the best lightsaber duelist. and because of him, other sith were allowed to follow in the path of the darkside as well as they did.

but one thing we can all agree on is, darth krayt sucks, i mean come on he doesnt even speak sith whats up with that
maverick
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:13:22 PM

Lachesis wrote:
maverick wrote:

palpatine and bane both followed the guidelines, that Revan created, the holocrons that Revan made, Revan had an army that did nothing but obeyed his orders, (droids). palps knew that was the only way to have real power, so he took control of clones, soilders that knew nothing better but to obey the person on top, palps.

bane was a bad ass in every aspect, and my second favorite dark lord of the sith.

and Revan is imo the best, cause he did it all, he LEAD A WAR agianst the mandolorians and won. created and controlled an army, that would of teared the galaxy apart. revan was a master strategist, and a complete master of the force, as well as one of the best lightsaber duelist. and because of him, other sith were allowed to follow in the path of the darkside as well as they did.

but one thing we can all agree on is, darth krayt sucks, i mean come on he doesnt even speak sith whats up with that

To be honest, I don't know much about Revan. I thought Bane derived that whole idea of the "Rule of Two," epic book btw. and yes Krayt sucks something serious. Caedus is cooler than Krayt. And Krayt went against the Rule of Two. Which in itself, deserves punishment. Sure he was evil and all, but to claim to be sith is just blasphemy.
maverick
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:21:23 PM

and in my opinion. Mara is the sweetest dark sider ever. and Joruus C'baoth pulls second.
Mickey
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 12:44:23 AM

Well I guess we can say the jedi order is more powerful than the sith because in the end a young farm boy took down an entire sith empire without even using his light saber. All he had to do was use his reasoning to get to his dad to do it for him ThumbsUp
Lachesis
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 4:51:51 PM

Mickey wrote:
Well I guess we can say the jedi order is more powerful than the sith because in the end a young farm boy took down an entire sith empire without even using his light saber. All he had to do was use his reasoning to get to his dad to do it for him ThumbsUp

would u call it a sith empire, 2 sith and no others being trained, the jedi was thought to be a dead religion at the begining of the 4th movie