RegisterDonateLogin

The ability to drink Bloo Milk does not make you intelligent.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament (Spring of 2023) information/sign up thread Options
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 3:43:54 AM
Groups: Member

After the resounding success of our first Galactic Escalation tournament during the winter of 2022, I'm excited to announce our next Galactic Escalation Tournament! I have adjusted the rules for round 4 to try something new this time around and see if people like it. The 4th round will now be themed around a new Challenger approaching instead of an Epic, so that will change things up a bit this time around and lead to a new kind of experience. This will open the format up a bit to some who may not enjoy playing with Epic's but want to try this new format out.

Hope you all can join!

Rules: Each participant makes a initial 100pt team following normal squad building rules. Round 1 will consist of matchups between all participants in either round robin or Swiss tournament format depending on number of players. The 100pt team used will be built upon in subsequent rounds.

It has been suggested to me by numerous players that we also implement the following change: For returning players from our first GE tournament in winter of 2022, you must build a 100pt squad from a different faction than in the last tournament. The hope is that we won't see the same squads played again by the same players in this tournament, so I hope everyone is ok with that.

Maps: current restricted list (http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32041)

Banned list: Jabbba Desilijic Tiure (per current balance committee discussion)

Important Rule exception for subsequent round squad building: If you wish to bank points, you may carry over up to 10pt into the next rounds build total. This is the only exception to adding 50pts in round 2 & 3, giving you up to 60pts instead if either Round 1 build total is 90-99pt and Round 2 build total is 140-149pts.

Time per round is 75 minutes.

Start date: February 27th (Monday). Please sign up/submit squads by midnight on February 26th (Sunday).

Participants:

Mando
Urbanshmi
Timmerb123
thereisnotry
spryguy1981
N3rdSl4y3r
urbanjedi
gandalfthegreatestwizard
FlyingArrow
DarkDracul

If anyone else is interested in joining, please post below! This is a tournament that will take place over about a 3 month period. The tournament will take place over 4 rounds. Each player will usually have 1 week to get their game in against their opponent. Rounds 1-3 will consist of 2 games each, and Round 4 will be 3 games. Robin format will be used for pairings. Your cumulative score over all 4 rounds determines if you make it into the top 4 for the playoffs. They will happen in this order:

Round 1: 100pts
Round 2: 150pts (use exact team from round 1 + 50pts of new miniatures. You may choose to upgrade 1 unique character from the previous round to one that has a higher cost and counts as the same character, following faction rules, to be a part of the 50 additional points)
Round 3: 200pts (use exact same team from round 2 + 50pts of new miniatures. You may choose to upgrade 1 unique character from the previous round to one that has a higher cost and counts as the same character, following faction rules, to be a part of the 50 additional points)
Round 4: Challenger approaching! 200pts + 150pts (this 150pts is for 2 to 3 regular non-epic minis totaling up to 150pts). You use exact same team from round 3 + whatever 2-3 miniatures you use for the 150 additional points. You may choose to upgrade 1 unique character from the previous round to one that has a higher cost and counts as the same character, following faction rules, to be a part of the 150 additional points. The combination of 2-3 regular non-epic additional mini's must be from your squads faction or be allowed into your faction/squad via CE/SA (Fringe 100pt Revan and regular Fringe characters can be used in any faction).
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 5:35:20 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yay! I'm in.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 8:11:05 AM

In
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 8:19:34 AM

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!

Thanks for hosting this again, Mando. Good times.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 9:02:36 AM

I'm in!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 9:41:57 AM

Question about the 100 point Revan. His CE allows you to bring non Unique force users into any faction. Can we still use that CE to bring pieces not from our base faction?
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 11:18:56 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
Question about the 100 point Revan. His CE allows you to bring non Unique force users into any faction. Can we still use that CE to bring pieces not from our base faction?

yes
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 11:39:48 AM

Mando wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

yes

ThumbsUp
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 12:32:31 PM

I am in!
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 5:21:47 PM

N3rdSl4y3r wrote:
I am in!

Glad to have you with us! If you have any questions about the format, let me know. I have tried to detail out how it all works in the initial post but there are always going to be some things that need to be clarified or addressed. New formats will have some kinks, but hopefully most of them got sorted out in our first tournament of this last winter
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 8:41:10 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!

If he is in, then I have to be in to try and avenge my loss in the finals of the last escalation tournament

Count me in.
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 8:48:37 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!

If he is in, then I have to be in to try and avenge my loss in the finals of the last escalation tournament

Count me in.
Do, or do not. Thereisnotry. Cool BlooMilk
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 5:47:19 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!

Count me in.
Do, or do not. Thereisnotry. Cool BlooMilk

I'm avenging both of my Epic losses so you're both going down anyways Wink
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 6:03:16 AM

Should I break out my Avengers themed custom squad?
Mando
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 7:08:11 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:

I'm really curious who makes up the Avengers in star wars mini's form lol
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 7:13:11 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:

I was gonna make a joke that someone should try to win this with an Ewok squad...but Jason has already done that, and won a tournament with it (it was at an epic FrostyCon weekend, years ago)

Then I was gonna make a joke that I dare someone to try to dominate the event with a Jawa squad...but that's actually viable now (Randy had a powerful Jawa squad at the V-Set 24 tournament)

Then I was gonna make a joke that someone should try to build a competitive squad around Yoda of Geonosis...nvm, I'll quit while I'm ahead....
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 8:15:16 AM

Mando wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

Well, the squad was Mace in the Face. Mace was Hulk, Panaka was Captain America, Skyguy was Thor, Foul was Iron Man. I also had at one time an Ant Man Doombot.

Used Heroclix and painted them the appropriate colors.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 8:22:11 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
Mando wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

Well, the squad was Mace in the Face. Mace was Hulk, Panaka was Captain America, Skyguy was Thor, Foul was Iron Man. I also had at one time an Ant Man Doombot.

That is awesome! i think Mara Jade could easily be Black Widow ThumpUp
Mando
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 9:43:01 AM

i clarified the round 4 squad building rules to make it more concise. Before i had wording talking about adding 1 100pt character, but there are a couple of characters that cost more than 100pts in this game and they are allowed also. I think it is clear enough that if someone is allowed 3 regular non-epic characters to combine into up to 150pts, people may use the BHC pieces or the 115pt Luke or 114 pt Krayt if they wish. Obviously it is cool to bring in the big expensive (hence the "Challenger approaching!" expression in the Round 4 description to foreshadow the Bounty hunter Challenge minis being used, but I don't want people feeling like they have to include a high cost character if they don't want to.

Hopefully this all makes sense to everyone.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 10:13:11 AM

Mando wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:
Mando wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

That is awesome! i think Mara Jade could easily be Black Widow ThumpUp

Don't give me any ideas...

I've already go two complete Escalations to pick between.