RegisterDonateLogin

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good milk at your side.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament (Spring of 2023) information/sign up thread Options
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 1:47:42 PM
Groups: Member

Is there a release date for v25? Is there anyway to get added to the play-testing group to see some of these characters for this tournament?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 6:27:20 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yes, but only if you will do some playtesting. :)
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 7:25:13 PM

For the last round do we have to add 3 characters, or could we add just two if we wanted?
Mando
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 8:19:21 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
For the last round do we have to add 3 characters, or could we add just two if we wanted?

I think it'd be fine if you want to just add 2 activations.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 2:54:07 AM

alright, I'm in too
Mando
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 4:01:29 AM

Great to have you in the tournament again Joe!

If anyone here wants join the tournament and build with the v25 mini-set and doesn't have access to the playtest forums, I think it should be ok to send you the final stats for each of the 12 since they are just going through final stages of QC and they shouldn't be changing at all really except for minor tweaks in wording. These characters have all be outlined in detail on SHNN and we can send a hard copy of the stats if needed instead of having people go back and listen to each episode and write them down. I feel that since this tournament will be playing throughout the next couple months, it'd be ok to include this mini-set since it is basically done for all intents and purposes and will likely be finished in card form and available in pdf within the time frame this tournament is played. I'll make sure this is something we can do before the tournament starts as that might impact peoples squad choice in round 1 and how it will escalate into round 4 eventually.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 9:02:03 AM

In.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 12:28:21 PM

Mando wrote:
The mini-set for v-set 25 should be released by the start of this tournament, so if you want to try out the new stuff and it is available, go for it! To quote Darth Sidious "I will make it legal!" BigGrin Cool

I’m generally in favor of this type of thing, but it could be problematic here.

It’s already hard enough having 1 set not in Bloomilk (but at least we have the cards)

Not everyone has the access to the design forums.

Heck I DO have access and I’m confused as heck - 25(a), 25(b), 25(c), subset, main set, what is going on? I have no clue what pieces are about to be released.

How are we going to be able to squad build with this in only a week and a half? It doesn’t look near being finalized, and FOR SURE they won’t be in the builder and we won’t have cards.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 1:11:17 PM

I agree with Tim. I know it's fun to play with new stuff, but it's a big if that they will be in PDF by the 27th. If they aren't they definitely shouldn't be legal.
Mando
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 1:32:27 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:
I agree with Tim. I know it's fun to play with new stuff, but it's a big if that they will be in PDF by the 27th. If they aren't they definitely shouldn't be legal.

If no PDF is available, I'm fine with not having v25 be included in this tournament. We will have future ones where we can try the new stuff, so no need to rush the process of getting it finished by the 27th. I submitted two squads to a third party, 1 with v25 and 1 without, just in case v25 was legal. It'll be fun either way! ThumbsUp
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 1:35:03 PM

Mando wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

If no PDF is available, I'm fine with not having v25 be included in this tournament. We will have future ones where we can try the new stuff, so no need to rush the process of getting it finished by the 27th. I submitted two squads to a third party, 1 with v25 and 1 without, just in case v25 was legal. It'll be fun either way! ThumbsUp

So PDF by Feb 27th or not, how are we supposed to squad build with under-finalized pieces, a lack of clarity what will be included, and some people without even access to the forum?
Mando
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 1:53:37 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Mando wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

So PDF by Feb 27th or not, how are we supposed to squad build with under-finalized pieces, a lack of clarity what will be included, and some people without even access to the forum?

I imagine that the PDF would be posted here on bloomilk if it's ready. Only the mini set has been completed so far and that would be the only one we could possibly use. Right now I am planning that we will only be using all sets up to v24. So for everyone making squad builds right now, I suggest not building with v25 mini set in mind.

Obviously it'd be fun to see the new stuff played but we can see them used in other tournaments when they are ready to be released legally.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 3:14:07 PM

Mando wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

Does this mean we can submit to you?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 4:01:23 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Mando wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

The subset set list has been posted in its own thread for the past few weeks, and those stat blocks have been finalized for just as long. They're just moving through QC and artwork. Not sure when they'll be ready, but I agree that they shouldn't be legal until/unless the PDF is ready.
Mando
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 4:26:48 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:
Mando wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

Does this mean we can submit to you?

Yes
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 9:11:59 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
The subset set list has been posted in its own thread for the past few weeks, and those stat blocks have been finalized for just as long. They're just moving through QC and artwork. Not sure when they'll be ready, but I agree that they shouldn't be legal until/unless the PDF is ready.

Link?
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2023 10:03:33 AM

Are we allowed multiple characters that cost 100pts?

For instance if I upgrade in rd 2 or rd 3 to 100pt luke (or even 115 pt luke) can I then add 100 pt Revan for the 350 portion?
Mando
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2023 10:17:10 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
Are we allowed multiple characters that cost 100pts?

For nstance if I upgrade in rd 2 or rd 3 to 100pt luke (or even 115 pt luke) can I then add 100 pt Revan for the 350 portion?

Yes
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2023 10:35:50 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Link?

I'm sorry - I misunderstood. I thought you meant there was a spoiler thread with all the stats on bloo.

If it's not on Bloo, it's gotta be a no-go unfortunately. I know MOST of the people playing have access to the design forum, but not ALL. And since ALL do not, it's unfair to not have time to look through it all to build with. Even if a PDF does appear, it's a little late for people who don't already have that access to be able to build with it. It's an unfair advantage.

So I really think (unfortunately) this has to be a final call of nothing beyond V-set 24 for this tournament.

I hope we continue to have events (this format and others), and we'll soon be able to use the new pieces.

(my 2 cents that I feel pretty strongly about at this point)
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2023 10:44:32 AM

Squad submitted.

And for what it's worth, I also think that the timing is too close to let people really optimize their squads, either for or against the new pieces. I too look forward to playing with the mini-set, but with this event starting so soon, I don't think it's fair to have the new pieces available. I wish it were different, but I don't see the mini-set coming out in the next day or so, so I think it's better to wait.