RegisterDonateLogin

Almost untouched by CGI.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament (Spring 2023) Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 4) Options
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2023 7:57:58 AM
Groups: Member

Spry and I are scheduled for Saturday morning
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2023 9:02:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Gandalf and I are playing at 8:30 central tonight.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2023 6:43:08 PM

gandalf over UrbanShmi 374-61 (3-0)

I won map so we played on Crime Lord's Palace. Laura took the left.

Round 1 after some swapping and towing, Mace came after Ganner but missed an attack and had no rerolls left after moving faster and Riposting, so Ganner lived on 10 HP. Ben, Kyp and Luke took out Mace. Shevu took a shot at Doombot.

Round 2, I won init and Shevu took out Doombot. Panaka swapped Aayla in to do some stuff, but before she could activate Luke whacked her four times with Panaka bodyguarding one, then Ganner Pushed her to finish her off. Jacen and the Supervisors/Senator engaged against Foul and GenSky. Foul killed a Supervisor then ended up dying. GenSky took out Eryl.

Round 3, I won init and Jacen dropped some damage on GenSky. Yoda came in to hit Jacen, who killed GenSky on the Predictive Reflexes. Ben killed Panaka. Kyp wiped out Yoda.

Round 4, Obi-Wan failed to finish off Jacen, and then got wiped out by Kyp.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2023 7:30:47 PM

FlyingArrow over n3rdslayer
380-203 on Desert Palace

There were a couple of potshots taken through the gambit door, but all the real combat took place in Guardpost below gambit. Fixer earned gambit all game in the isolated top-left square of gambit. All 3 of the big pieces went down: Sidious, Yoda, Vader (in that order). Yoda got 1 Reserves for an extra WotC Boss. Fi's Traps and Weir's Doctrine of Fear canceled each other out for much of the game.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2023 11:54:47 AM

It has come to my attention that at least one of the pairings for this game #2 is having some difficulty because someone needed to be out of town for a majority of the time and with peoples hectic schedules, it makes it near impossible to get the game in this week and weekend. Would everyone be ok extending the time frame to get the game in for game #2? I don't mind giving people extra time to play when things like vacation/work trips make getting a game in 1 week impossible.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 2:10:36 PM

Yes, that is fine.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 2:20:44 PM

Sure, whatever works for the most people.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2023 3:25:10 AM

Mando (2pts) defeats DarkDracul (0pts) : 346-145

Bryan won map roll and we played on Desert Palace

Game took place over 4 rounds. Bryan won init easily on 3 of the 4 rounds. Exar haunts Caedus and Vongrella puts an extra fp on Nihulus.

Round 1: I use Sith Battle Meditation on Naga to boost my attackers, and Traya got in some damage on Jacen early on but Jacen ducked around a corner with predictive reflexes. Traya took a bunch of damage from Jacen and Luke's attacks and was down to 30hp. Nihilus moves into gambit and opens the middle door. Caedus uses Sith Battle Manipulation to move Traya, Jacen and Luke around and Traya gets into gambit and not adjacent to Luke. Darth Sidious uses Force Dominate on Traya so she can use another turn and do 4 attacks against Luke, but Jacen bodyguards 2 hits after Luke defenses the other 2. Sion gets into range of being able to damage things.

Round 2: Bryan wins init and Traya bites the dust from Luke's attacks. Luke is in the range of Wound in the Force from Nihilus however and doesn't gain any FP. Nihulus gets moved adjacent to Luke via the Dark Force Nexus and steals Lukes remaining FP and then takes an aoo to move and use Sith Hunger vs Jacen to bring him down to 40hp and heals him up to full hp. Nihilus takes some damage from shots from Poe and Jacen gets an attack through vs Nihulus. Sion moves adjacent to Luke and Jacen. Sion takes some damage from Han. I move Vongrella adjacent to Luke and Naga moves into gambit to set up zone where BB-8 can't easily get to the door to lock it without taking 3 aoo's. Paige gets adjacent to Luke to BG damage. Caedus moves into gambit. Exar Kun gets to within 6 squares of Jacen and Luke.

Round 3: I win init! Vongrella gets in 40 dmg with Playerin Bol with Luke needing a save of 15 to avoid the damage. Luke damages Scion for 60 dmg. Luke uses his second twin attack vs Vongrella but forgets that he doesn't have cunning attack against her and only deals 20 dmg after she lightsaber defenses a hit. Han shoots Nihulus and Jacen whacks away at Nihulus and they bring him down to 50hp. Dark Froce nexus activates and gives Nihilus a FP and renewal gives Nihulus the 5fp he needs. Taking a aoo from Jacen, he moves to where he can target Luke with Drain Life 5 and deals 50 dmg to Luke, 40 dmg to Jacen (taking him out) and 50 dmg to Paige (also taking her out). Nihilus heals all the way to full hp after this. Scion takes some more damage from Poe and Scion goes and tries to take out the 60hp Luke, which he does after Luke makes a Djem So save and kills (?) Scion, who promptly makes his Eternal Hatred save to not die and gets back to full hp and finished his turn and takes Luke out with his remaining attack. Caedus moves adjacent to Reylo and Exar moves to within 6 of Reylo also. Sidious enters gambit. Naga does SBM again.

Round 4: Bryan wins init but Caedus does his Aing Ti flow walk to try and take out BB8 and deal some damage against Reylo, but misses 1 of his first 2 attacks vs BB8 and needs to waste his 3rd swing to take the droid out. Reylo whacks Caedus and deals 30 dmg vs him after he makashi styles the other 2 hits away. Han and Poe lands some hits vs Caedus bringing him down to 10hp. Caedus goes and triple attacks with sith Rage on Reylo and gets them down to 60hp. Vongrella zaps them for 20 dmg. Sidious tries to dominate Caedus but he makes the save and doesn't get the extra turn and zaps a pilot with burst lightning. Nihulus gets adjacent to Reylo and burst lightnings Reylo for 10 dmg. Scion also gets into the fray again. Reylo is at 30hp now.

Round 5: Bryan wins init again. Caedus flow walks and tries to take Reylo out but fails to get past parry even with the save 15 needed. Reylo uses their attacks vs Nihulus brining him down 60hp and then does Repulse 2 to finish off Caedus and deal 20 dmg to Sion and Nihuls and Vongrella pushing them away. Exar goes poof because of Caedus being defeated. Naga gets around having to goes against parry saves by simply uses the force to turn 30hp Reylo into a Massasi Mutant. I finish off Dodonna and Poe but fail to take out Han and Bryans last pilot and Kneesa. I get gambit with Sidious and the game ends.

Only 4pts shy of a full 350pts! so close to getting a 3pt win that it was really kind of a bummer way to end the match, but there were some things that I could have done better to get those last 4 points. I only got 3 rounds of gambit all game when i could have gotten 4, so that was the big difference there. Bryan almost took out Nihilus again with him getting down to 20hp by the end of the match. Nihulus was a major pain to deal with for Bryan since he essentially denied Luke, Reylo and Jacen from gainig needed fp and did auto damage with Burst lighning, Drain Life and Sith Hunger to get around their defense abilities. Getting Scions Eternal Hatred to work also made a huge difference and Scion continued to be a pain to deal with throughout the game after that. Good game! Was fun to see my Sith use a lot of their Force Powers to get the win. Nihulus was definitely my MVP and he was kind of a tanky beast with his healing and defense being so high with Lightsaber Duelist. Reylo was really good in the game for Bryan and got him close to the 1pt loss thanks to a brilliant Force Repulse 2 to get rid of the extremely tanky Caedus.
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2023 6:56:43 AM

Spry (3) def Urban (0) 357-108 on Desert Palace
Reinforcements were Wicket, 2 Mice, 2 Uggs
Light Tutor to Bastila

R1 Jason charges foward and has Reylo out front. I am able to push Atton forward with the Twi'lek allowing him to draw a line on Reylo. T3 uses targeting and Meetra pulls Wicket to her for traps. Bastila turns on the juice. Atton is outside Anarchist range. Atton hits and rolls a crit for 90 Damage, and then the Senator cannons him to allow him to kill Reylo with a FP. I move all of my people up.

R2 I win init and let Jason go first hoping I can survive Satele. She makes enough parries to stay alive. She puts 50 back on Vader and Thon finishes him off with another crit. He runs Revan in to Sorcery which I defense and he does it again. All of my main characters make their saves. Meetra bases him and uses Force Withdrawal to take away his bubble and gets 80 through. Twi-lek Jedi General gets him down to 20 and then Vima runs in to finish him off. Sid bases Vima and drops her to 20HP. I base Sid with Atton and hits for 40. Bastila keeps juice flowing.

R3 Jason wins init and kills Atton and Vima. T3 uses flamethrower on Sid and drops him to 90. Thon charges in and hits him for 50 after failed parries and force defense. 40HP left. Meetra and the Twi-lek work together to bring him down. Hre mines Satele but she makes the save and then kills his Bothan. At the end of the round I get over 350.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2023 9:34:47 AM

I've already notified the Trevors (thereisnotry and Mando), but I figured I'd post here too.

I am just extra swamped with responsibilities right now, and even with extra time I don't think I can get our game in. The last thing I want to do is hold this tournament back, so I am conceding to thereisnotry this round. 3-0
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2023 6:55:08 AM

I’ve now received two forfeit “victories” in a row, and i had bad matchups against both of the squads that I would’ve faced. This is a really odd situation. Regardless, I’m looking forward to my game w Bryan this week! Hopefully that one happens! BigGrin
Mando
Posted: Monday, May 1, 2023 2:44:40 AM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2023: Round 4 game #2

FlyingArrow (3pts) defeats N3rdSl4y3r (1pt) : (380-203)
gandalfthegreatestwizard (3pts) defeats urbanshmi (0pts) : (374-61)
Thereisnotry (3pts) defeats Timmerb123 (0pts) : (350-0)
spryguy1981 (3pts) defeats urbanjedi (0pts) : (357-108)
Mando (2pts) defeats DarkDracul (0pts) : (346-145)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2023
Leaderboard after round 4, game #2 completion.
1: 18 Points: Spryguy1981 - WWLWLWWW
2. 18 Points: Gandalfthegreatestwizard - LWWLWWWW
3: 17 Points: Thereisnotry - WLWLWLWW
4: 16 Points: Mando - WWWWLLLW
5: 12 Points: FlyingArrow - LLLWWWLW
6: 12 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - WLWLLWLL
7. 11 Points: urbanjedi - LWLWWLLL
8: 11 Points: DarkDracul - WWLLLWLL
9. 10 Points: TimmerB123 - LLWWWLWL
10: 2 Points: UrbanShmi - LLLLLLWL
Mando
Posted: Monday, May 1, 2023 2:49:42 AM

Final game of Round 4! Thanks for all who have competed in this tournament and done as best as they could. We have a great group of excellent players and very good squads all around!

Round 4, game #3 matchups:

N3rdSl4y3r vs urbanshmi
FlyingArrow vs Timmerb123
gandalfthegreatestwizard vs spryguy1981
Thereisnotry vs DarkDracul
urbanjedi vs Mando

----- Generated using Oxford Croquet Round Robin Generator -----

You have 1 week to get your games in starting Monday (May 1st). Have your games in before midnight on Monday May 8th. If you need extra time because of scheduling conflicts let me know. May the force be with you! ThumpUp
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 6:49:53 PM

N3rdsl4y3r over UrbanShmi (3-0)

We played Desert Palace, and I set up on the left side

Rd 1: We position towards gambit. R2 tows up and unlocks the door. R7 locks it back. Spaarti swaps in and blows it open. Vader grips the Spaarti and R2 killing them.

Rd 2: Yoda comes in swinging on Vader and hits him once and takes a Djem So back. Jix swaps in with decoy to take the rest of the damage. Palpy brings Yoda down to 20 HP. Aayla is swapped is and pulls Vader, but Jix decoys and takes the damage. Skywalker comes in and finally kills Jix. Marn finishes off Aayla and Issard finishes off Yoda thanks to Fire When Ready and FPRR from Palpy. Obi comes in and survives Vader's attacks thanks to a 1, but is finished off by the troopers.

Rd 3: Vader starts off the round killing Skywalker and bring Trebor down to 10 HP. UrbanShmi concedes at this point.

Vader needed to die in order for Mace to be helpful, but Jix was able to keep him alive and survive much longer than he should have. Add in some tough rolls and a lot of unpreventable damage and the game had been decided. Thanks for playing, it was fun to have my squad firing on all cylinders.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 7:16:57 PM

Spryguy1981 (3) def Gandalfthegreatestwizard (1) 368-196 on Crime Lord's Palace
Reinforcements were Wicket, Uggie, Mouse
Light Tutor to Bastila

R1 He kills a mouse with Shevu and then Thon gets to Shevu with a charging assault to defeat him.

R2 Lots of manuevering and some pot shots

R3 Lots of shots and death Satele dies, Jacen dies, Luke gets dropped to 90HP, Ben to 60, Kyp to 90

R4 More death TJG dies, Luke dies, Kyp dies, Ben dies

R5 Ganner dies and I'm over 350.

Very swingy game that could have gone either way with just a few different rolls. Great game!
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 8:06:15 PM

thereisnotry defeats DarkDracul 354-104 (3-0)

I won the map roll so we played on Modular Base.

Bryan set up on the right side, me on the left. Neither of us got to use our Tactician since both of us had a Han with NTMTO.

Round 1: My Luke started in gambit, and his Jacen had Battle Ready. Apart from that, it was just about us advancing our pieces...until Callista moved up to open the door on Bryan's side of gambit. Bryan continued to advance his pieces. Ganner then levitated Han in for a triple attack on Poe, but Han rolled a 1, so Poe survived with 20hp. Jacen ran to gambit.

Round 2: I won init, and Jaina ran up to put 120 on Jacen. He used Predictive Reflexes (with Rage) to hit her back, but she parried it away. Jacen then attacked Jaina and put 40dmg on her with Rage again. Wedge finished off the 10hp Jacen. Bryan made a good move with ReyLo to disrupt (Anarchist) my Jaina so that she didn't have evade, and then his Luke ran 6 to LS Throw at her, which dropped her from 60hp to 0. I responded by locking the door with Callista, and then putting 30dmg on bad Luke with my Lando. BB8 opened that door, and ran Paige up to bodyguard Luke. My Han didn't like that, so he killed Paige and missed Luke. Jagged killed Kneesaa. Poe brought his nerf gun to this game...he fired it at Jag, but no effect. Bryan's Han wasn't much better this round. I positioned LorSanTekka so that he was adjacent to the spot where my Luke was going to go, and then my Luke moved up to LS Throw vs bad Luke, dropping him to 80hp. Big init coming up, because his Luke is at 80hp and all I need is a LS Throw....

Round 3: I won the init! Good Luke killed bad Luke. Bryan made a brilliant move, choosing to use 3 via Dodonna's CE.
ReyLo ran over Luke, and after all of the attacks and DjemSo saves and Parry saves, the only change was that Luke took 20dmg. Bryan then attacked my Han (disrupted via Anarchist from ReyLo) who was now Evade-less...but he rolled blanks. If he had hit those, then Poe could've finished my Han on the third activation. As it was, Poe couldn't hit anything either. Jag killed a Cobalt Pilot, as did my Vigo. Bryan's guys were tapped out, so Ganner levitated Han up to triple on BB8, who managed to Rolling Evade 2 of the shots. However, Wedge was able to put the final 20dmg on him to finish him off. That meant that ReyLo were now only 26 Defense in cover (rather than the 30 with BB8 nearby).

Round 4: Bryan won init. ReyLo didn't have a great option for Spinning Blades, since their large base slowed them down too much on the low object terrain. Therefore, they just attacked Luke, putting 30dmg onto LorSanTekka via bg (and again taking nothing from the DjemSo attacks. They then used Repulse 2 to bring LorSanTekka to 10hp and put 20dmg on both Luke and Wedge, with some minor pushing. However, they were now out of cover, so Lando put some nasty damage on ReyLo on his turn and then via LorSanTekka's Noble Sacrifice when Bryan killed him via Poe (who finally decided to pull out a real blaster). The result was that ReyLo were quickly at 50hp (90dmg from Lando will do that to ya!). Wedge finished off Poe (who had been at 20hp since Round 1). Then Luke finished ReyLo and Han finished Dodonna for the win.

The map played a significant role in this match, since the abundance of green terrain slowed down ReyLo's chances to use Spinning Blade. I also won both of the key initiatives, dropping Jacen to 10hp on the one and then killing bad Luke on the other. Also, if Han and Poe had been able to land some hits vs my defenseless Han, that would've been huge. As it was, though, I was able to remove Bryan's pieces one at a time, without having to take too much damage in return, for the most part. ReyLo (with BB8 for massive Defense) was definitely the most troublesome problem to deal with. Once again, t'was fun to game with Bryan. Thanks!
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, May 4, 2023 2:20:39 PM

urbanjedi defeated mando 326-283 (2-1)

He won map so we played on rebel fortress.

Rd 1
I started from the left and battle readied up. Not much else happened as it was mostly positioning.

Rd 2
I surprised up and beat on Traya with vader and finished her off with no ones rolled (and out of force). He got his guys up to beat on vader but missed some attacks.

Reylo tried to beat up on vongrella but forget she was force immune and tried to finish her off with a repulse. It didn't work.

Rest of game is kinda fuzzy.

Vader did some more damage, then died. Emperor stayed just outside of range of the nexus and Nihilus and zapped Caedus, then the bothan mined caedus. Revan came in and did some sith sorceries. His Sid tried and failed to dominate caedus two rounds in a row.

My emperor zapped his caedus and activated him a second time. Revan did some more sorceries. Then proceeded to beat on nihilus. Then revan died. His nihilus died his last 10 from my sith ordnance specialist failing its nexus save.

At the end of the game, it was my about 100hp or so sid, the bothan, and a some porgs, vs his naga, sion, and nexus (almost out of force).

Game was a bloodbath all the way around and a ton of fun. If not for his "made" dominate saves, the game could have easily gone the other direction.

Great game and good luck to all the T4 competitors.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, May 8, 2023 8:11:16 AM

Flying_Arrow and I just weren't really able to find a time to play our game. This was the same week Mando offered to extend last round and I looked at it and said I've just got too much going on, so it's no surprise I wasn't able to make it work with a different opponent. Luckily it doesn't effect the top 4 at all. TJ and I might find a time to play it for fun, but neither of us want to hold anything up (not that you needed to hold for us anyway).
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, May 8, 2023 10:38:37 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Flying_Arrow and I just weren't really able to find a time to play our game. This was the same week Mando offered to extend last round and I looked at it and said I've just got too much going on, so it's no surprise I wasn't able to make it work with a different opponent. Luckily it doesn't effect the top 4 at all. TJ and I might find a time to play it for fun, but neither of us want to hold anything up (not that you needed to hold for us anyway).

In short, this is a double concession. So 3pts for both of us.

ThumbsUp
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 1:49:34 PM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2023: Round 4 game #3

N3rdSl4y3r (3pts) defeats urbanshmi (0pts) : (no score available)
FlyingArrow (0pts) vs Timmerb123 (0pts) : conceded game on both sides
spryguy1981 (3pts) defeats gandalfthegreatestwizard (1pt) : (368-196)
Thereisnotry (3pts) defeats DarkDracul (0pt) : (354-104)
urbanjedi (2pts) defeats Mando (1pt) : (326-283)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2023
Leaderboard after round 4, game #3 completion.
1: 21 Points: Spryguy1981 - WWLWLWWWW
2: 20 Points: Thereisnotry - WLWLWLWWW
3. 19 Points: Gandalfthegreatestwizard - LWWLWWWWL
4: 17 Points: Mando - WWWWLLLWL
5: 15 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - WLWLLWLLW
6. 13 Points: urbanjedi - LWLWWLLLW
7: 12 Points: FlyingArrow - LLLWWWLW-
8: 11 Points: DarkDracul - WWLLLWLLL
9. 10 Points: TimmerB123 - LLWWWLWL-
10: 2 Points: UrbanShmi - LLLLLLWLL