RegisterDonateLogin

Sorry about the mess.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Balance Committee Suggestions for 2024 Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2023 4:14:23 PM
Groups: Member

Balance Committee Suggestions for the 2024 Season

Welcome to the Balance Committee Suggestions thread for the 2024 tournament season. In this thread, we aim to compile a comprehensive list of potential discussion topics for the upcoming season. To contribute, please create a single post for each topic you'd like the Balance Committee (BC) to consider. Feel free to include a brief paragraph summarizing the topic and provide links to related discussion threads if applicable.

It's important to note that this thread is not intended for debates or discussions regarding the proposed topics or the Balance Committee itself. If you wish to engage in such conversations, please visit related threads or create new ones. Our goal is to ensure that valuable requests aren't lost amidst heated debates.

Keep in mind that the inclusion of a topic in this list doesn't guarantee its selection for BC discussion items. The final list will be determined through a thorough process, including reading threads, conducting polls, and engaging with the community.

The official deadline for submissions is November 30th, 2023. Thank you for your contributions and dedication to improving our tournament experience.

Current List of Proposed Topics for Discussion
*CotG 27 Admiral Daala
*3 point cost minimum
*Sith Reflexes
*EA 33 Nightsister Hunter
*Damage Cap
*KotOR Captain Tarpals
*GH 20 Imperial Agent
*Gambit
*Rapport Stacking
*Force Choke
*Force Attuned
*THG 27 Mother Talzin
*150 Constructed
*Double Battle Ready
*PtV Tulak Hord, Lord of Hate
*Make Fringe a Faction?
*Lightsaber SA count as a melee attack.
*Shien
*Darksaber
*SNV 46 Rakghoul Warrior
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2023 4:22:15 PM

Bring back Daala!

She should be OK with including the activation cap and no multi-cannon shots.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32271
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2023 5:20:33 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I don't know enough to argue for or against, but I was actually wondering just today if the 3 point cost minimum was needed now that there's a hard cap of 16 acts. Seems like it would help squads with higher point characters who need activations, which might be beneficial to game health... maybe?

Was there some combo that could still be abused AND that's actually an NPE?
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2023 7:46:52 PM

Change the way that Sith Reflexes interacts with area-of-effect abilities (such as Grenades/Missiles/Lightning/Splash/etc). It's extremely counter-intuitive to have to remember to declare the splash/nade/etc saves of everyone *except* Tulak before you target Tulak (otherwise he'll Teleport next to your pieces and hit them with those splash/nade saves). It feels like a 'gotcha' moment rather than an enjoyable ability.

I think Tulak himself is fine, but this needs to be fixed. If this means fixing the wording or adding some details to the Glossary, so be it.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2023 7:52:20 PM

Nightsister Hunters need to lose Plasma Bolt -4 (don't just downgrade it to -2). At 25pts (23 via Rapport) they're already plenty good without adding a save penalty to Evade/Soresu rolls on top of that. Given that they're also Cloaked and therefore unable to strike back against, this makes for a strong NPE.

I'd like to see them lose Twin Attack or Accurate Shot too, but I think that's hoping for too much, so Plasma Bolt is the most important thing to drop.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 5:02:54 AM

I think a damage cap needs to be looked at strongly. Maybe something along the lines of a character may not benefit from more than 1 damage boost not on their card. I.e. can't stack Talon and Talia.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 8:03:57 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
Nightsister Hunters need to lose Plasma Bolt -4 (don't just downgrade it to -2). At 25pts (23 via Rapport) they're already plenty good without adding a save penalty to Evade/Soresu rolls on top of that. Given that they're also Cloaked and therefore unable to strike back against, this makes for a strong NPE.

I'd like to see them lose Twin Attack or Accurate Shot too, but I think that's hoping for too much, so Plasma Bolt is the most important thing to drop.

ThumpUp
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 1:42:27 PM

Tarpals CE would be another one i'd like to put forward for consideration. I'd suggest an errata limiting the CE to followers without a Force Rating.

Yoda/Yaddle combo with Tarpals CE allowing for Coleman Treebor or Saesee Tin to do 160dmg on a turn is beyond ridiculous.
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 1:45:32 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
I think a damage cap needs to be looked at strongly. Maybe something along the lines of a character may not benefit from more than 1 damage boost not on their card. I.e. can't stack Talon and Talia.

and with this, Rapport stacking. If you can only benefit from 1 Reserves whether it is on 2 different characters, then you shouldn't benefit from Rapport from 2 different characters. For example Darth Traya, Lord of Betrayal giving Nihilus and Sion Rapport 15 and the Sith Assassin of Malachor V gives Nihilus, Sion, and Kreia Rapport 6.
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 1:52:15 PM

thereisnotry wrote:

I am 1000% behind this. Plasma Bolt -4 should not be on non-Uniques

DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 8:03:23 PM

Force Choke 2 needs a glossary to match Force Pull which requires an enemy take the shortest possible route.
I think Force Pull has you end in the nearest square. If it's not it should be.

They shouldn't let you pull an enemy behind the character pulling it towards itself.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 5:45:36 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
Force Choke 2 needs a glossary to match Force Pull which requires an enemy take the shortest possible route.
I think Force Pull has you end in the nearest square. If it's not it should be.

They shouldn't let you pull an enemy behind the character pulling it towards itself.

I will second this one
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 8:11:05 AM

I think gambit needs to be looked at a little more closely this year. I think it should be tracked but not added to the score until the end of the game if there are still pieces left on the board. From what I've gathered there was a situation at GenCon where the 2 players had their biggest pieces still alive but because one player hit 200 first it ended the game. I think this a change that can encourage more engagemet.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 5:12:51 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

spryguy1981 wrote:
I think gambit needs to be looked at a little more closely this year. I think it should be tracked but not added to the score until the end of the game if there are still pieces left on the board. From what I've gathered there was a situation at GenCon where the 2 players had their biggest pieces still alive but because one player hit 200 first it ended the game. I think this a change that can encourage more engagemet.

+1

That really wasn't an issue with 5pt gambit. If a game ended early it generally meant you just didn't have to go hunt down the hiding enemy commanders. With 10pt gambit games could end with both sides having 60+ pts of characters on the board. In cases like that they should play on if there's still time on the clock.
Randy
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 6:53:06 PM

Quote:
Force Attuned

Once per turn on its turn, this character may use a Force Power that replaces attacks or turn, without replacing attacks or turn

I think that this ability should be ruled so that you must have an attack or turn to be able to use an ability that replaces attacks or turn. At the very least the terminology referring to turn should be removed.

I don't have a problem with attacking and using a Force Power in the same turn, but moving 12 squares and using a replaces attacks ability (or replace turn ability) is too much. Your choices should be...

(Free Force Power), move, attack

move, (Free Force Power), attack

Not move all over and do your (Free Force Power)
Randy
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 6:53:51 PM

Remove replaces Turn abilities from Mother Talzin CE
Randy
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 6:56:11 PM

Return to 150 points.

I am still of the opinion that a lot of NPE shenanigans can be disrupted with this change.
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2023 9:10:46 AM

Randy wrote:
Return to 150 points.

I am still of the opinion that a lot of NPE shenanigans can be disrupted with this change.

If this happens then Daala and Thrawn need to be out of the game. The absolute Havoc those squads would cause...
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2023 9:18:45 AM

Randy wrote:
Quote:
Force Attuned

Once per turn on its turn, this character may use a Force Power that replaces attacks or turn, without replacing attacks or turn

I think that this ability should be ruled so that you must have an attack or turn to be able to use an ability that replaces attacks or turn. At the very least the terminology referring to turn should be removed.

I don't have a problem with attacking and using a Force Power in the same turn, but moving 12 squares and using a replaces attacks ability (or replace turn ability) is too much. Your choices should be...

(Free Force Power), move, attack

move, (Free Force Power), attack

Not move all over and do your (Free Force Power)

Yes and my piggy back on that would be; since a "replaces turn" effect happens at the beginning of the turn and doesn't allow (unless, of course, the "replaces turn" ability allows) you to move, that is when a "free usage" should take place. Same goes for a replaces attacks. You shouldn't be able to move 12 squares and the replace turn OR replace attacks. You should have to actually replace turn/replace attacks at a time when to replace turn/replace attacks exists. Timing should not be affected.
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2023 8:41:37 PM

Battle Ready should not stack . . . getting to Battle Ready twice up the board is just silly.