RegisterDonateLogin

The Ultimate

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Balance Committee Suggestions for 2024 Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2023 4:16:36 AM
Groups: Member

DarkDracul wrote:
Battle Ready should not stack . . . getting to Battle Ready twice up the board is just silly.

+1
AceAce
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2023 7:24:12 AM

No way, no how returning to 150. 200 is and should be the cost. Rapport's reducing other pieces costs by >10 are a real issue.
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2023 7:36:10 AM

Tulak Hord needs to be looked at too. I know this isn't going to be a popular suggestion but it warrants a look. I think that he needs to lose the +4/10 aspect of his CE or have it be limited to melee attacks. The fact that a NU can do 100 with Accurate and essentially kill a lot of stuff is too much. If you have a squad with an Evade CE or any real form of ranged attack negation that is CE based you have Tulak with insane survivability waltz in and base that character and take away their defense so that the Agent just kills it is too much.

I think Soresu Mastery at least needs to be considered too. Maybe replace it with regular Soresu instead. Then if you base Tulak you can damage him and he can then teleport away.

I'd also consider Unstoppable too but its lower on the priority list.

I've been trying to determine a good way of bringing him up and this is the best I could do.
AceAce
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2023 11:31:15 AM

I concur about Tulok. Wholeheartedly agree
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2023 5:32:35 PM

DarkDracul wrote:
Battle Ready should not stack . . . getting to Battle Ready twice up the board is just silly.

100%
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2023 5:45:51 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Tulak Hord needs to be looked at too. I know this isn't going to be a popular suggestion but it warrants a look. I think that he needs to lose the +4/10 aspect of his CE or have it be limited to melee attacks. The fact that a NU can do 100 with Accurate and essentially kill a lot of stuff is too much. If you have a squad with an Evade CE or any real form of ranged attack negation that is CE based you have Tulak with insane survivability waltz in and base that character and take away their defense so that the Agent just kills it is too much.

I think Soresu Mastery at least needs to be considered too. Maybe replace it with regular Soresu instead. Then if you base Tulak you can damage him and he can then teleport away.

I'd also consider Unstoppable too but its lower on the priority list.

I've been trying to determine a good way of bringing him up and this is the best I could do.

I do agree with the change to allies without a Force rating and have Melee Attack get...blah blah blah, but that's about it. Until we get it figured out by design that Non Unique characters should not get Multiple Bonuses to both Attack and Damage Unique Melee pieces need extreme help like this. Else they just get sniped from distance and math will always win.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2023 7:25:42 PM

Caedus wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:

100%
I never thought it could! lol
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2023 5:59:19 AM

Imperial Agent. Going along with other concerns I think that the IA needs to lose Cunning or Careful and Deadeye. 100 damage nuking a Jedi is just wrong on so many levels. Hell Boba Fett only does 90.
Mando
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2023 4:25:55 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Imperial Agent. Going along with other concerns I think that the IA needs to lose Cunning or Careful and Deadeye. 100 damage nuking a Jedi is just wrong on so many levels. Hell Boba Fett only does 90.

IA was never a issue before Tulak tho. So I think the main issue is the CE and not the IA design.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2023 5:18:44 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

spryguy1981 wrote:

Imperial Agent wasn't even playable until fifteen minutes ago. If there's a problem involving IA, it isn't because of him.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2023 7:56:34 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
spryguy1981 wrote:

Imperial Agent wasn't even playable until fifteen minutes ago. If there's a problem involving IA, it isn't because of him.

I will definitely second that the issue would be Tulak and not the IA. I do not necessarily think it is an issue. Also, Boba is able to do 90 on the move. The IA at least has some specific conditions that need to be met to put out 100 damage, and almost always requires two activations to swap him into position to do so.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2023 5:26:54 PM

Honestly, I think the IA would still see play even without the +4/+10 from Tulak's CE...it's the Identical Forces that makes the difference. Rather than moving and attacking once at +12 for 30 (accurate, cunning), he can now stand still and attack twice at +16 for 40 (accurate, cunning, deadeye). That in itself is huge, and accounts for probably 90% of the IA's effectiveness in a Tulak squad.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 5:33:42 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
Honestly, I think the IA would still see play even without the +4/+10 from Tulak's CE...it's the Identical Forces that makes the difference. Rather than moving and attacking once at +12 for 30 (accurate, cunning), he can now stand still and attack twice at +16 for 40 (accurate, cunning, deadeye). That in itself is huge, and accounts for probably 90% of the IA's effectiveness in a Tulak squad.

The last time i effectively used IA in a tournament was when i put him with my Revan swap squad. You could put him into position to shoot for 60-80dmg on a high value target with Accurate shot + Careful Shot + Deadeye (maybe even Cunning) and then win init with Master Tactician to do it again with all the bonuses for 80dmg. That was a very long time ago that i ran that however and minis like Occhi of Bestoon have replaced IA from consideration in a Revan swap squad for me. That squad has greater reach than Identical Forces can give the IA and with Tulak squads you typically don't see init control to help the IA get his shots off with cunning to start the round.
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 6:52:35 AM

Please have your discussion elsewhere and not in this thread.
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2023 11:44:02 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Make fringe a faction. There's lack of clarity on this and it creates confusion.

At present, I don't know that the Father can bring in any fringe characters because there isn't consistent ruling of whether fringe is a faction or the absence of a faction.

Edit: some more support- http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32230
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2023 11:46:28 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Make fringe a faction. There's lack of clarity on this and it creates confusion.

At present, I don't know that the Father can bring in any fringe characters because there isn't consistent ruling of whether fringe is a faction or the absence of a faction.

100000000%
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 6:07:07 PM

Make the Lightsaber SA count as a melee attack
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2023 5:50:17 PM

1 month remaining to get complaints and suggestions in before this window closes. BlooMilk
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2023 6:00:36 PM

adamb0nd wrote:

Edit: some more support- http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32230
I agree.

Right now, unless I'm misunderstanding the rules, Fringe is a non-faction, that other factions can use in their squads.

I suggest this instead:
Fringe should be a faction...a special kind of faction, that allows its pieces to be used in the squads of other factions.
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2023 8:05:21 AM

This is the last week for suggestions to the balance committee. Happy Thanksgiving!