RegisterDonateLogin

Let the Bloo Milk win.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Yularen, Loathsom, Tuuk & Argyus Stats ?! Options
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:51:50 AM
Groups: Member

Mar Tuuk is just like RS Tarkin, just worded a little bit different. The most interesting thing to note about it is how it would interact with San Hill, and how it affects things when you go first in a round. With RS Tarkin, you could still activate up to 3 pieces at the beginning of the round if you go first. With Tuuk, you could only do 2 max.

Really makes me wonder if you'll be able to use him to get around the 1 rule with San though. That would at least make him interesting enough to be playable. Otherwise, I don't really see any use for him. RS Tarkin never gets played, so there's no much sense in this guy getting played either if it doesn't override San's ability.
Fredwood
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:52:29 AM

edit: Nvm
Sithfan
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:54:32 AM

[edit: Lobo beat me to it, but I could see it working with San]

TK-4334 wrote:

Captain Mar Tuuk, 14
Unique, Opportunist

CE: If this character can see an enemy at the start of the phase, you can increase or decrease the number of characters you activate in that phase by 1 (minimum 1). This can include Droid and Savage characters.

Hmm, by the wording of his CE, he may be able to complement San Hill's commander effect since he increases/decreases the number of activations, rather than just stating a conflicting number. Therefore, you could out activate with San, get into position and take a shot with Tuuk, [hopefully] win initiative and activate 2 characters... Huh
Jediabiwan
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:03:14 AM

Sithfan wrote:
[edit: Lobo beat me to it, but I could see it working with San]

TK-4334 wrote:

Captain Mar Tuuk, 14
Unique, Opportunist

CE: If this character can see an enemy at the start of the phase, you can increase or decrease the number of characters you activate in that phase by 1 (minimum 1). This can include Droid and Savage characters.

Hmm, by the wording of his CE, he may be able to complement San Hill's commander effect since he increases/decreases the number of activations, rather than just stating a conflicting number. Therefore, you could out activate with San, get into position and take a shot with Tuuk, [hopefully] win initiative and activate 2 characters... Huh

So could you activate 0 characters in a round with san hill?
Edit: whoops, didn't see the minimum of 1 activation.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:35:58 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Maul COTF with Quad/Twin or Durge JH with Triple/Twin just doesn't seem fair...
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:46:08 AM

Sithborg wrote:
No doubt, Yularen is a great piece. There are great shooters that work with him. Just not the one that everyone seems to add to Republic squads. Doesn't work with Yobuck, but Ani on Stap could be real fun...

My thoughts exactly. I already like AniSTAP with Qui-Gon, JT. Yularen gives him even more bite.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:52:25 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Gelagrubs with Opportunist could be interesting...
and Clone Speeders might be playable too.
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:55:21 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Gelagrubs with Opportunist could be interesting...
and Clone Speeders might be playable too.

Speeders could be deadly with General Skywalker and Yularen. You could easily fit 2 or 3 speeders in a 200 squad.

EDIT: Yularen is a fine piece. One of the studs of this set, IMHO. Same goes for Whorm. Those are two VRs worth owning.
Roque Saber
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:09:26 AM

Gah, Lobo beat me to the part on Tuuk Razz

So the twin to followers in true after all, that's a pretty deadly boost for all Seps right there, he also gives a bit of added incentive to play GG, SotJ over DAC (extra would stack with twin). Tuuk is bleh, way too little HP for a 'line of sight' CE, and it's the same one as Tarkin from RS, just worded differently.
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:11:01 AM

Gen Skywalker won't do anything to help the Clone Speeders, because Momentum only kicks in at the 'end' of their movement, so they won't get Momentum while using Strafe. Look at how Mandalore the Indomitable's CE is written to see the difference in wording and why it works different.

Whorm granting Twin is awesome, and so what if Maul COTS gets Quad/Twin. He's still got very little in the way of Defensive power, and he has to be sitting still to get the Quad/Twin. Sure, it's powerful, but GMLS will still beat his tail consistently because of Djem So. Most high-powered shooter squads will be able to kill Maul before he'll ever get the Quad/Twin off. He might get a solid move 6, Assault/Twin, but I suspect it will be tough to pull off anything else.

Durge JH with Triple/Twin could be interesting, but without something like an ASP-7 or the T1 to move him into place, it should be relatively easy to avoid his big shots.

Honestly, I'm more interested in things like Tyranus DLOTS getting Twin, or Boba Merc/Jango BH getting Double/Twin, or using the new Grievous SOTJ with Whurm to give Droids Extra and Twin. There's some fairly neat things you can do with him.
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:21:59 AM

LoboStele wrote:
Gen Skywalker won't do anything to help the Clone Speeders, because Momentum only kicks in at the 'end' of their movement, so they won't get Momentum while using Strafe. Look at how Mandalore the Indomitable's CE is written to see the difference in wording and why it works different.

True. Still doesn't mean you can't use that for his normal Speed 12 attack. Plus the Gelagrub idea looks good too.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:31:40 AM

can we please get the hp on GL and the stats for Captain Argyus if you know them?
Thanks
Jonny
Yames2.0
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:03:50 AM

TK-4334 wrote:
General Whorm Loathsom

Cost:20
Def:17
Attack:11
Damage:10

CE
Droid are subject to this effect:
Followers within 6 squares gain Twin Attack

Captain Mar Tuuk, 14
Unique, Opportunist

Seems like Tuuk is an bad Dodonna ? But playable i think.

hmm its not quite the same as tarkins so i have to ask would it let u activate 2 if u were playing san hil?

edit* missed this was asked above, i hope it does would be alot more useful
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:12:31 AM

LoboStele wrote:
So, with the Republic, there's plenty of ways to utilize that Opportunist (plus he's a good cheap Recon piece for the Republic, which was missing, outside of Lobot CLO). You just have to get more creative with things like the Czerka, Jedi Mind Trick, etc. The Republic have a lot of Surprise Move now too, and decent early round tricks throughout the faction, which can help to coerce your opponent into making those tough decisions. Do I move now and avoid getting wailed on by Kit Fisto/Flobi/Gen Skywalker, or do I move later so I don't get shot by those Opportunist clones?

Are you forgetting about the ARF Trooper? That piece is 10 points cheaper than Yularen but still has Recon. Plus that piece has Stealth. For cheap Recon, I think the ARF covers that. Not that I wouldn't mind running ARFs with Yularen and Bacara.

Not sure how Fisto does much for the Republic IMHO. I'm not impressed with that package for 60 points.
carnorjax1
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:55:43 AM

Does this mean if you run San Hill, u can activate 0 characters per turn?!
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:56:46 AM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Does this mean if you run San Hill, u can activate 0 characters per turn?!

No. Look at the listed CE again for Tuuk. It mentions a minimum of 1 activation.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:15:51 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Durge JH with Triple/Twin just doesn't seem fair...

Yeah, Kalos made sure to point that out to me just a few minutes ago. He's already trying for 18 attacks per round. He'll probably sit him in gambit with a couple bodyguard pieces just to tick me off. Cursing
Jonnyb815
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:43:00 AM

Tirade wrote:
Yularen is a fine piece. One of the suds of this set, IMHO.

well i dont know what IMHO means. But can you please help me understad how Yularen is good. He feels overcosted. Most of the good pieces are fringe and look better with thrawn. The czerka AY rex repeater ideas are just too many points. overall I am not seeing how Yularen is even good.
Mordantos
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:51:04 AM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
Tirade wrote:

well i dont know what IMHO means.
In
My
Humble
Opinion

Pretty common abbreviation on the interwebs and quite useful in a medium prone to arguements. Wink

See also: IMNSHO
In
My
Not
So
Humble
Opinion
swmimperial130
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:51:38 AM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
Tirade wrote:

well i dont know what IMHO means. But can you please help me understad how Yularen is good. He feels overcosted. Most of the good pieces are fringe and look better with thrawn. The czerka AY rex repeater ideas are just too many points. overall I am not seeing how Yularen is even good.

I'm guessing it means In my honest opinion, what would the H stand for?
Edit: close.....