RegisterDonateLogin

The Indomitable

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Mouse Droid Madness is No More! Options
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:40:38 PM
Groups: Member

Does no one know what this will do to Gambit?
sure mousies will still have a +28 of Def when in cover (GGDAC only), but not being able to strike against a cheap imperial army, like they can against any other faction (Yularen changes the Opportunist demographic, so now Republic is even more formidable).
Caamasi dips can still attack, Infantry batteries can still evade, bactas can toss a grenade at you AND EVADE, but droids still cost 1 less when ran on a squad that consists of Gha Nagcht.
Wizards Has screwed the Pooch, regardless if you want to admit it or not.
adminsidious
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:15:27 PM

The Star Wars CCG's have crashed and burned because CCG's don't sell well to niche markets. Mini's games however, do. People will buy them who aren't even interested in playing, as they are still Star Wars merchandise. Card stock went out with the 80's and the invention of the modern cartoon. Competing vs magic and other CCG's sold to younger generations kills card games, not rules changes.

You can speak with your dollars, and stop buying and playing mini's, but that's about as close as you can come to "refusing to allow it to happen", and even then, all you do is contribute to declining sales, and create a self fulfilling prophecy.

Screaming bloody murder on a forum isn't going to get you anywhere. For that matter, it more or less makes people care dramatically less what you think about any topic whatsoever.

Also, just for the record, you seem to like to end "and lots of people agree with me!" at the end of alot of your random rants, over on the wizards forum, people are being reasonable about it, as they are here, even when they may be a little discontented.

Let's be clear, there's no existing mandate that makes you "The voice of the people", no matter how loud you like to yell and scream in caps, how amazingly you like to butcher sentance structure and the english language, no matter how big you think your e-peen is, and how hard you should waggle it in everyone's face, you don't need to represent the people in your head who you think agree with you. Being louder and more obnoxious does not make you more valid, or more interesting to anyone. If you need attention, go to your nearest loved one and ask for a hug.

The rest of us will still be here discussing things like adults when you get back.

bkchi
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:27:05 PM

The Mouse Droid thing is a tough pill to swallow, but I was also looking forward to having attacking R4s, R7s, and Treadwells. I especially like the idea of a shooting R4 with Targeting. If you Target before your attack it's like a built-in +4 Attack.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:31:55 PM

adminsidious wrote:
The Star Wars CCG's have crashed and burned because CCG's don't sell well to niche markets. Mini's games however, do. People will buy them who aren't even interested in playing, as they are still Star Wars merchandise. Card stock went out with the 80's and the invention of the modern cartoon. Competing vs magic and other CCG's sold to younger generations kills card games, not rules changes.

You can speak with your dollars, and stop buying and playing mini's, but that's about as close as you can come to "refusing to allow it to happen", and even then, all you do is contribute to declining sales, and create a self fulfilling prophecy.

Screaming bloody murder on a forum like a spoiled child isn't going to get you anywhere. For that matter, it more or less makes people care dramatically less what you think about any topic whatsoever.

Also, just for the record, you seem to like to end "and lots of people agree with me!" at the end of alot of your random rants, over on the wizards forum, people are being reasonable about it, as they are here, even when they may be a little discontented.

Let's be clear, there's no existing mandate that makes you "The voice of the people", no matter how loud you like to yell and scream in caps, how amazingly you like to butcher sentance structure and the english language, no matter how big you think your e-peen is, and how hard you should waggle it in everyone's face, you don't need to represent the people in your head who you think agree with you. Being louder and more obnoxious does not make you more valid, or more interesting to anyone. If you need attention, go to your nearest loved one and ask for a hug.

The rest of us will still be here discussing things like adults when you get back.

LOL
that tickled me.
you like to think what you think, and you think that my rants do nothing for anyone, that may be true.
but as far as the "invisible click" i have going on in my head goes, you are dead wrong.
Aw, people are saddened by this new errata, my heart goes out to them, it really does.
im not trying to be louder or stand further out then anyone else.
im speaking my opinion.
but im sure you being ONE sided and all cant understand that. thats cool, i get where yer coming from: pride hurt, feelings mangled, gotta take a stand from yer stand point. its all good. been down that road before.
but heres a hint.
you have never one day in your life met me.
which in turn means you know Jack squat about me, so to assume that you have me all figured out is the fault developed by you designed to make look silly.
like i said before" cant see the forest for the trees", you see it as "card stock that failed CCG." ok whatever, thats yer opinion, and its respected, for the most part.
the death of CCG was DOLLAR amount numbers that were based on consumers un happy with their product. because change was made when it never needed to be changed.
so....the dollar/figure amount thingy, i lay back in yer lap, that Kitty aint mine to pet.
i can guarantee, after Masters of the Force comes out, our regular members are going to drop like flies.
not convinced? go to the trade forum right now and see how many folks are SELLING their minis because they have had enough.
rag on my spelling all ya want chief, itll get you know where. like every other free thinking "American" in this country, i have the right to be slightly drunk when i type.
which means ive been drinking again, which, ya know, guys do every once in a blue.
its kinda like sex and skimishes, you do it when you want to.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:33:04 PM

bkchi wrote:
The Mouse Droid thing is a tough pill to swallow, but I was also looking forward to having attacking R4s, R7s, and Treadwells. I especially like the idea of a shooting R4 with Targeting. If you Target before your attack it's like a built-in +4 Attack.

my point exactly.
and im pretty sure he was thinking that he was going to be able to do that for some time.
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:00:46 PM

This is insane guys, I though that it was one of the coolest things for the mouse droids to be able to attack. It is wrong for the "know-it-alls" at WOTC to take away this from figs and cards that they created. I can understand the think with Gowk, that is a giving, but when it says the CE works for non-unique droid follows, and then says with exceptions on top of this is completed retarded. My vote is that one of the creaters of the game at WOTC got pwned by this setup, got mad, and the started whining and decided to change it because they could not handle that they made something so good, but was to stupid to use it first.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:30:31 PM

i thought it was cool too.
i was going to use that at our tournemant in Nov.
now i have to continue to depend on them being legal targets for my Sep army, which i have BEEN doing since GGDAC. it gets boring after awhile.
as far as a house rule goes, i will never use a mouse droid army that is illegal against one of my friends, just as i would never use a GOWK Boba BH DD against them either.
im not happy with this turn of events, but the cards have been dealt, and i now have to play them as best as the next guy can.
Seps have no boost. their reign of terror has come to an end, and Wizards has no Mercy for their Souls, My seps blood/axel grease is in their hands.
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:36:34 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
i thought it was cool too.
i was going to use that at our tournemant in Nov.
now i have to continue to depend on them being legal targets for my Sep army, which i have BEEN doing since GGDAC. it gets boring after awhile.
as far as a house rule goes, i will never use a mouse droid army that is illegal against one of my friends, just as i would never use a GOWK Boba BH DD against them either.
im not happy with this turn of events, but the cards have been dealt, and i now have to play them as best as the next guy can.
Seps have no boost. their reign of terror has come to an end, and Wizards has no Mercy for their Souls, My seps blood/axel grease is in their hands.

Yeah man, you got to love stupid people. What is the next thing they are going to take away?(not to give any idea's) The entire thing is just messed up. I completely understand your anger. I have watch you build this army up for atleast a month now, wait for the next set to come out, only to be told that you can't do this!!! That is what makes me mad about it, and I don't even have a sep army....
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:06:35 PM

Please keep the conversations in a calm manner, I know most of you are upset about this change... but it's nothing we can do about it. If WOTC Lee decided that's right for the change, then so be it... let us adapt to the gears that is already provided for us and move on
adminsidious
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:22:03 PM

Quote:

you like to think what you think, and you think that my rants do nothing for anyone, that may be true.
but as far as the "invisible click" i have going on in my head goes, you are dead wrong.
Aw, people are saddened by this new errata, my heart goes out to them, it really does.
im not trying to be louder or stand further out then anyone else.
im speaking my opinion.

That's simply not true when you've been posting with all caps and profanity

Quote:
but im sure you being ONE sided and all cant understand that. thats cool, i get where yer coming from: pride hurt, feelings mangled, gotta take a stand from yer stand point. its all good. been down that road before.

I don't know what road you're talking about. Or what I'm being one sided about, aside from requesting the mods to take down your all caps profanity posts.

All I did was request moderation when you started posting profanity on a forum that minors access when you started attacking me. If I'm taking a stand, it's for basic decency and the rules of this forum being upheld.

I still haven't yet spoken on mouse droid,

Quote:

but heres a hint.
you have never one day in your life met me.
which in turn means you know Jack squat about me, so to assume that you have me all figured out is the fault developed by you designed to make look silly.

I've been on the WotC forums so long my original username is "Saporling", I'm not joking. I have been to dozens of national conventions. I have played L5R, LBS, MTG, Vs, Heroclix, Horroclix, L5R Clan War, Warhammer, Mechwarrior, and VtES on a competative level. I've managed a gaming/comic shop in one of the largest gaming cities in America for years. One of my best friends was a writer for Inquest until it folded. I've been gaming for over 20 years, and moderating a forum for online RPG Gamers for about 3. Trust me, I don't have to know you personally to know what rage from a mask of anonymity on the internet looks like.

Quote:

like i said before" cant see the forest for the trees", you see it as "card stock that failed CCG." ok whatever, thats yer opinion, and its respected, for the most part.
the death of CCG was DOLLAR amount numbers that were based on consumers un happy with their product. because change was made when it never needed to be changed.
so....the dollar/figure amount thingy, i lay back in yer lap, that Kitty aint mine to pet.
i can guarantee, after Masters of the Force comes out, our regular members are going to drop like flies.
not convinced? go to the trade forum right now and see how many folks are SELLING their minis because they have had enough.

People were selling them weeks ago, they'll be selling them in weeks. I haven't seen a run on sales on the forum because of the mouse droid clarification, sorry. Members will drop, new ones will come. I get, and sympathize with those who aren't happy with their game, and I suggest they speak with their pocketbooks, or express their dissapointment like reasonable people None of this however, excuses you trolling this thread posting profanity in all caps, nor attacking me when I asked moderators to fix that.

Quote:

rag on my spelling all ya want chief, itll get you know where. like every other free thinking "American" in this country, i have the right to be slightly drunk when i type.
which means ive been drinking again, which, ya know, guys do every once in a blue.
its kinda like sex and skimishes, you do it when you want to.

This isn't a country. It's a forum on the internet. You're not "on american soil" here. You don't have "rights" here. You certainly don't have the right to advocate drinking, sex, violence, or spew profanity for the minors on this forum to read, which you willingly and knowingly signed a terms of service agreement for.

But then, I guess that's one more thing I do "know" about you, without ever having met you. You don't feel you have to honor your word.(In the form of the agreement you signed to be a user on this site.)

DarthJak
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:49:48 PM

edited thread

please stick to topic
Zalkrie
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:01:12 PM

Mandalore, I think you just need to calm down. You would get a lot more support for your views if you were rational and calm and did not use profanity. When you rant like this it just gets people angry with you and not the point you are trying to make. Your points might be very valid, but people are not looking at that, they are getting upset with you because of how you present yourself.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 12:25:31 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Funny thing is a few of the members on here and other sites mentioned something like this was going to happen. At least to the fact that mousers would not need an errata themselves. ;)

I think it's good that they cannot attack...though would have been hilarious if they could. At least giving them Grenades 10 takes a whole turn...
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 1:33:56 AM

IMHO,

I am a little saddened with the errata on the mouse droids. It does not affect me personally because I only have 2 mouse droids. I thought it would be neat to see Mice armies stand toe to toe with Rebels, Imperials, and New Republic. Oh well it’s just a game and I think Mandalore you are going about this the wrong way. I can tell you are frustrated, however as others have said before it does not help your argument when you speak with bad intentions and ALL CAPS.

"ThOSe No gOoD toUCh bY An anGeL BaCKSTAbbiNg MoUse FaRt HaTeRs WIzaRdS BLah, bLOo, BLEe, bLaM, pOW, SmuSh.

"Sorry Now I'm rambling man."

PS: If you think you may have invested too much in the mouse droids you can send me a pm and I would be willing to trade and take some off your hands.
swmimperial130
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 2:10:58 AM

I'm Sure that no one is going to pay $140 for 20 Mouse Droids, besides, if you could use BDS for Rodger Rodger, than Wizards would make more money off mouse droids
billiv15
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 2:17:53 AM

Interesting thread. Most people were annoyed that Mouse droids might be able to attack. Here's a case where WotC actually put some realism back into a new rule, and one person is still unhappy. I think that's better than the many people who would have been unhappy by facing attacking mice (note, I am not one that cared either way mind you).

Also, this has 0 to do with complaints. The decision for the change was clearly made a while ago, it just takes WotC a while to get this type of stuff posted due to a number of unrelated issues. Nickname seems to have known it was coming for weeks. Peter made it then, based on his own understanding of the SWs universe, not because anyone was complaining on the WotC forums.

As far as your investment in mice for this purpose alone, and that affecting the price, well all of that really is false. 1. SWMs are not an investment opportunity. If you are in it to make money on trading and so forth, then you take the good with the bad. WotC should not be making decisions on game play based on your investment strategy. 2. The prices really weren't affected by Roger Roger anyway. They were around the same amount before the insert was released. Suggesting that your mice will go down in price is nothing more than ranting, it's not based on fact. 3. What happened to your recommendation of just the other day, telling me not to post negatively? I guess that rule doesn't apply to you. Can't say I am surprised, but here is Mandalore posting inappropriately yet again....

Finally, how many mice do you really have? Have you put them up for trade and are finding people don't want them, or are you just ranting? Is there any evidence at all that supports your complaints?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 2:36:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I see only 5 listed...
Boba52
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:21:49 AM

I have to say this is a great thing. I mean Wizards to care enough to make this change with the new guys at the helm is a great sign of things to come. And the fact that they redid the rules insert and everything and didn't go the we'll just have Nickname write something up is awesome. How can you not be exciting about Peter's involvement in this? Good job.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:12:54 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

This is a GOOD change. Balance is always best.

Now, Mandalore, please calm down. You are blowing things out of proportion. Way, way, way out of proportion. Your "sky is falling" attitude is really, really hilarious.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:24:25 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

adminsidious wrote:

Not really what happened. LFL shifted the game license to WOTC, despite Decipher offering a ton of money. Then WOTC's game bombed, because the old game was still thriving. I have it from reliable resources that SWCCG is still considered by companies when trying to market their game.