RegisterDonateLogin

Was a good friend.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Cad Bane Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:51:12 AM
Groups: Member

I played against Cad the other day and my Ahsoka/Wookie Elite Warrior squad rolled over him in 2 rounds. So while he is good, he is not impossible to take down.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:29:59 AM

the wookies charging assault is devestating.
the only weakness ive seen with cad is basing him.
dalsiandon
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:35:24 AM

I've used Cad twice now. He has pro's and cons like nay fig at this point. He has no prob with uniques, but just crummy followers give him a hard time. However he has access to soo many great CE's that he can be very nast ywith the right support backing him. But he is deffinatly not a primary sqad character like a fig for his cost should be.
Squid89
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:02:29 AM

dalsiandon wrote:
I've used Cad twice now. He has pro's and cons like nay fig at this point. He has no prob with uniques, but just crummy followers give him a hard time. However he has access to soo many great CE's that he can be very nast ywith the right support backing him. But he is deffinatly not a primary sqad character like a fig for his cost should be.

Very well put. Especially the last sentence.
DarthReeves
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:32:41 AM

I haven't played against him yet, however I figure the only way to get at him is with folks who can move great distances, or super stealthy peeps as well. How fun would it be to Noghri Commando this fool to death? You get plus 10 against Stealth, from calixte, +3 attack from original Thrawn. 2 attacks at +15 for 50, and Bane is TOAST. Amanin scout rolls up to Bane, swap and BANG BANG Darknesses!

I want to play the guy just for the challenge. Giggity
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 6:02:34 AM

DarthReeves wrote:
I haven't played against him yet, however I figure the only way to get at him is with folks who can move great distances, or super stealthy peeps as well. How fun would it be to Noghri Commando this fool to death? You get plus 10 against Stealth, from calixte, +3 attack from original Thrawn. 2 attacks at +15 for 50, and Bane is TOAST. Amanin scout rolls up to Bane, swap and BANG BANG Darknesses!

I want to play the guy just for the challenge. Giggity

i would anticipate Cad staying in the backround in that scenario.
to me, cad is not someone you throw out on the frontline, cuz his HP is for crap, and you cant make every evade save.
though that is a good strat against him, i dont see someone who knows how to use him put him in that position to get Powned.
Theophagos
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 9:00:15 PM

It seems to me some of you are underestimating the danger Cad can be. Look at TK-4334's squad "Dawn of Bane". He played this at the French Championship some days ago and went for the 6t place; 1st and 2nd place were variants of this squad. The mass of swap-fodder make it easy to out-activate, swap Cad in and load 120 pts of damage on the chosen one. With Thrawn chances are quite good that you can swap Cad back to safety at the start of the next turn. Of course it isn't fool-proof - but it is quite nasty when played good. Also remember the Squad has Lobot, so you can get Diplomats or Bodyguard when you need it.
Draconarius
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 9:31:26 PM

Theophagos wrote:
It seems to me some of you are underestimating the danger Cad can be. Look at TK-4334's squad "Dawn of Bane". He played this at the French Championship some days ago and went for the 6t place; 1st and 2nd place were variants of this squad. The mass of swap-fodder make it easy to out-activate, swap Cad in and load 120 pts of damage on the chosen one. With Thrawn chances are quite good that you can swap Cad back to safety at the start of the next turn. Of course it isn't fool-proof - but it is quite nasty when played good. Also remember the Squad has Lobot, so you can get Diplomats or Bodyguard when you need it.

It's a good squad, but too 'all-or-nothing' for me (and I would imagine a few others). If you roll the accursed 1 for Initiative or make a single mistake, you lose Cad and the game with him. I prefer squads that won't lose the game on a single roll of the d20, thank you very much.
Mickey
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 12:44:58 AM

I've always thought a game based on a single fig is risky myself. If Cad is gone you lose.
carnorjax1
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 10:39:01 AM

He is pretty costly, and the low health is a drawback, but I agree, betting the game on one character is pretty chancey.
Doogle126
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 11:02:36 AM

ui would see this squad eaten by lancers
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 12:03:21 PM

Doogle126 wrote:
ui would see this squad eaten by lancers

Yeah Lancers arent that great at 150 I dont know where you play but nationally and locally a 150 lancer squad isnt that great anymore.
Doogle126
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 12:05:31 PM

im just saying against that squad
Weaver
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 12:51:58 PM

Cad is amusing, and he's pretty good, but I don't think he's that good.