RegisterDonateLogin

Is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Would this make GOWK unbannable?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 1 2.173913 %
No 45 97.826086 %

Simple GOWK Fix Options
Weaver
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 4:12:28 PM
Groups: Member

Remove Master 2.

Change Soresu Style/Mastery. Each save gets a cumulative -2 for each successful save already made this turn. This doesn't necessarily make it significantly worse, but it makes it less likely your GOWK will survive a full flurry of attacks unscratched.
Darth O
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 5:30:00 PM

This is the perfect fix for him:

Give him Heavy Weapon, Mercenary, Force Ascetic, Savage, and Speed 0.

Then give him Accurate Shot, Lightsaber Block, Lightsaber Deflect, Charging Assault and Momentum, adjusting his points accordingly.Wink Sneaky
Draconarius
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 9:34:07 PM

It's hardly a simple change. Simple is 'remove MOTF2 and Mettle', not 'install new rule for everyone to remember'.

Besides, the game has survived with GOWK banned, and Obi fans now have a new SSM-equipped version of him to satisfy their uber-Obi needs. I would personally have preferred to vote for an option like 'forget about GOWK and move on'.
Biggsy
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 10:21:15 PM

Is the option of fixing him really still there? He's banned and i think he'll probably stay banned. Except he may find his way back in the game in 1-2 years (if the game still exists) when several characters are equally powerful. I think a fix would be more confusing than helpful, and there is a new Obi in town now - and although he's not the beast GOWK was, he's still pretty good. Too bad for Wizos that GOWK was in a starter though, as they'll probably not sell that many of these anymore. After all, it's in everybody's interest that they make money on this game :)
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 10:33:00 PM

Well, here is the deal, Gowk is banned, Flobi is awesome, but FYI... Flobi can be turned in to Gowk all over again.... I would not suggest this for tourny play but if you run Qui Gon JM with Flobi, when Qui Gon diles, you give Flobi the force points and he gains master of the force 2. the only thing that his is missing now Gowk CE, which I like the extra attack better anyways, and the Knight speed. but oh wait, have I said to much? maybe the baby's at WOTC will read this and band this from happening too like that did with the mouse droids attacking...
Gemini1179
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:08:00 AM

SithflyonBasilisks wrote:
Well, here is the deal, Gowk is banned, Flobi is awesome, but FYI... Flobi can be turned in to Gowk all over again.... I would not suggest this for tourny play but if you run Qui Gon JM with Flobi, when Qui Gon diles, you give Flobi the force points and he gains master of the force 2. the only thing that his is missing now Gowk CE, which I like the extra attack better anyways, and the Knight speed. but oh wait, have I said to much? maybe the baby's at WOTC will read this and band this from happening too like that did with the mouse droids attacking...

He should end up that good at a cost of 101 points for 2 activations. I can't see that combo becomming a problem.
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:32:42 AM

exactly, that's why Flobi is the perfect GOWK fix! Problem solved as far as I'm concerned. And if you guys wanna play GOWK for fun with your buddies nothings stopping you. Its all good.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:28:04 AM

the consensus is in, GOWK is dead, YAYThumbsUp
mercenary_moose
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:36:38 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
the consensus is in, GOWK is dead, YAYThumbsUp

I'm with you there.
CrunchBite
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:39:09 PM

Agreed, GOWK need never come back. Although, one 20 from Fett, BH and your opponent's in tears...
Weaver
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:54:18 PM

Well, that's mighty conclusive.
headache62
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:20:03 PM

Gemini1179 wrote:

He should end up that good at a cost of 101 points for 2 activations. I can't see that combo becomming a problem.

Ditto Gemini1179.

SithflyonBasilisks wrote:
... but oh wait, have I said to much? maybe the baby's at WOTC will read this and band this from happening too like that did with the mouse droids attacking...

@ SithflyonBasilisks: Nothing personal, but are you kidding? You do realize that someone at WotC (Peter or Sarah's replacement, if I recall correctly) pretty much said that the GaW pdf insert that was leaked a long time ago was a non-finalized version that shouldn't have been posted and was quickly removed, albeit not before some industrious players downloaded it. Non-finalized, as in the final version is the one that is currently posted.

THERE WAS NO "BAND" OF ANYTHING. Mouse Droids and their ilk with 0 damage were never supposed to be allowed to shoot using Roger-Roger.

On topic: Currently, in my humble opinion, there is no need to bring GOWK back. He's fine for non-competitive play (and in fact is probably my favorite Obi sculpt). However, if he was brought back without Mettle and MotF2 he's still be a beastly figure.
dnemiller
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:30:14 PM

And just to be clear, I am the baby that banned him. (just to be clear to I am not upset by the comment I just want to be clear as to whom it should be directed at)

Wotc followed my recommendation and agreed that he was problematic for DCI play but understand it was me not them.

I am not the guy that tries to spin things as always being rosy at Wotc. In fact I am probably one of their biggest critics when I think they have dropped the ball. In this case though (the Gowk ban), if you are looking for someone to have an anger issue with it would be me.

@ the OP's poll. That would not in terms of gameplay really fix him. There have been about 20-30 different things that have been tossed around. In the end the design team has decided to leave SSM and Gowk as is. It really is a dead issue. I wish it wasnt a dead issue. Jim and I have hounded them to make some changes because we think it would be better to bring him back from exile. Unfortunately we have not found anyone who feels the same on the design team. I think part of it is because no one wants to touch a figure that Rob originally designed but maybe that isn't really it at all.... just a guess.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 10:18:01 PM

dnemiller wrote:
And just to be clear, I am the baby that banned him. (just to be clear to I am not upset by the comment I just want to be clear as to whom it should be directed at)

Wotc followed my recommendation and agreed that he was problematic for DCI play but understand it was me not them.

I am not the guy that tries to spin things as always being rosy at Wotc. In fact I am probably one of their biggest critics when I think they have dropped the ball. In this case though (the Gowk ban), if you are looking for someone to have an anger issue with it would be me.

@ the OP's poll. That would not in terms of gameplay really fix him. There have been about 20-30 different things that have been tossed around. In the end the design team has decided to leave SSM and Gowk as is. It really is a dead issue. I wish it wasnt a dead issue. Jim and I have hounded them to make some changes because we think it would be better to bring him back from exile. Unfortunately we have not found anyone who feels the same on the design team. I think part of it is because no one wants to touch a figure that Rob originally designed but maybe that isn't really it at all.... just a guess.

well since i know where to point fingers at, what do ya'll say to a spot of tea?
it takes 1 person to ruin GOWK for all.
SERIOUSLY.
GOWK was a problem, people knew that from the drop. i dont think that 1 person distinguished that problem......
Jonnyb815
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 11:20:37 PM

GOWK=Broken
FlObi=Fine
ThisGOWKfine=Wontwork
Keyboard=Broken
THisreallysucks=yes
Iambored=yes
Volvagia14
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:34:48 AM

I am happy with the new Obi, he still has Soresu, but isn't impenetrable. We don't need GOWK, there is no point in having him as a part of the game. And you people who can't get over it need to, because bringing up new threads every month isn't gonna change the fact that he is banned, and will stay banned.
Weaver
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 6:28:01 AM

It could, it's just not very likely. Besides, as the only banned piece in the game, it's a somewhat interesting topic.
Opan Windu
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 6:47:27 AM

He is ******* banned get the **** over it!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mod and reported to Shinja
dnemiller
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 7:45:20 AM

Opan Windu wrote:
He is ******* banned get the **** over it!!!!!!!!!!!

(above also edited by Mod)

Wow I suggest you read the forum rules..... you have totally blown them.

That was really an unecessary and uncalled for post. I think really you should apologize for it.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 7:47:59 AM

The profanity may not be called for, but what Windu's saying certainly is correct.