RegisterDonateLogin

Routinely gets delusions of grandeur.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Would this make GOWK unbannable?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 1 2.173913 %
No 45 97.826086 %

Simple GOWK Fix Options
Opan Windu
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 12:41:08 AM
Groups: Member

Sorry but i am tired of all the little kids crying for their cruch. It was banned get over it!
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:07:42 AM

i agree with Opan about the Crutch thing.
not the cussing part for those who want to take apart what i say.
Weaver
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:31:52 AM

I'm not crying about anything, I don't even have GOWK. It's simply an interesting topic, on the merit of it not only being the only banned piece in the game, but the fact that people tend to disagree on why exactly he's banned. Stop trying to be inflammatory.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:47:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Honestly, I don't see why WotC won't just jack up his cost according to his abilities in comparison to FlObi so he can be allowed back into DCI matches, assuming someone would bother spending that many points to play him...
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:50:54 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

swinefeld wrote:
Honestly, I don't see why WotC won't just jack up his cost according to his abilities in comparison to FlObi so he can be allowed back into DCI matches, assuming someone would bother spending that many points to play him...

Honestly, I don't think there is a good cost for his mix of abilities.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:51:52 AM

swinefeld wrote:

well, GMLS is at 115 points, why not make GOWK 101 points?
i know i will never run him at that cost, or any cost for that matter.
but it sounds like a reasonable enough idea, and it keeps a mini from being banned.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:58:35 AM

mercenary_moose wrote:
The profanity may not be called for, but what Windu's saying certainly is correct.

Actually, it's not. It's a lack of reading and understanding on OP's part, your part, and now Mandalore_Da_Beast's. You guys really need to step back, reread the posts, and not comment until you have realized how poorly you are interpreting the discussion. I'm serious. There is no emotion, other than from you three being represented. It's an interesting discussion to multiple people. Calling it "crying" or any such is a clear indication that you either didn't read the thread at all, or are reading into this thread emotions that are clearly not present to anyone who takes about 5 minutes to read the OP's post, and his subsequent clarifications.

I am greatly opposed to abusing others with such gross misrepresentation of what they are saying, especially when they even come back to clarify for the benefit of others. Others want to talk about it, and you have 0 ground to jump into a thread and call each other names or swear at each other because you don't want to, or for whatever reason you think it's uncalled for.

I am ashamed of this thread, and not just Windu, but also of the two of you for actually thinking that his post has some merit. It doesn't even understand the conversation that the OP wanted, and I'm sorry, this is just plain lunacy on your parts. If you aren't capable of reading something someone writes ask them for clarification. It's never ok to go off on a profanity laced tirade no matter how much you disagree with someone, but especially so when you don't even know what their argument is and you chastise them for something that isn't even close to what they said. I can't believe what I see here, it's that ridiculous.

It's time the three of you own up to this and start showing a little respect for others. Ignorance is fine for a while, but I just cannot believe that all three of you are that ignorant, that I pretty much have to believe you are trolling in this thread. Let others discuss what they want, and leave this kind of crap off the boards. This type of stuff is so out of bounds, I am ashamed that you are part of the SWMs community right now.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 6:34:39 AM

Sithborg wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

Hehe, you may well be right about that.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 6:55:30 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

Hehe, you may well be right about that.

I tend to agree. I think the best fix is to remove Mettle and MotF2 and just deal with the headaches he would still create, but I don't think even this is in the cards going forward. I think right now, the design team hasn't been able to find a significant, elegant and simple solution and so remaining banned is the only real option.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 7:08:16 AM

@ Bill,
you quoted Mer Moose, not me.
i was only agreeing to what he was saying about about GOWK being banned, not the emotional aspect of his post. i am no one to tell anyone how to speak on this site, because i have had many an out burst.
so with that said, you should interperate what i say a little better before putting my name out there.
im not trying to fight, im merely saying that i am not apart of this debate, i was agreeing that GOWK is STILL banned, and should remain that way. I will not be dragged in because you misunderstand what i say. as far as reading every post on this thread, i have been doing so, where you think i havent is beyond me.
do you really think that you can be the only one who knows this game inside and out? that the opinions of other players have no merit? if someone speaks their mind, even with Cuss words, they are still speaking their mind. you have to be able to look past that sometimes to see the point, and not the inappropriate things that are typed.
i do not agree with how Opan Windu approached the debate, like i said previously, i am no one to say anything about it. but i am baffled how you managed to fit me into this category you created. it isnt fair.
but for you to single me out is what is ignorant. not once in this past week have i said anything inflammatory towards you or any other member, and i will continue not to.
you have no grounds to throw my name in "3 of you hat", for i have done nothing to deserve it.
be ashamed all you want, you arent the face of this game, so i could care less on your feelings on what Opan typed.
you talk about abusive members, but your attitude towards others makes you appear to be an internet bully. its one thing to debate, its another to bait members, and make them look like fools. as a matter of fact, i recall you typing that same thing to me.
you gave me some sound advice recently, and i took it.
but sometimes the messenger has to practice what he is preaching.

im also taking into consideration, that you had your hand in the banning of GOWK, being that you claimed it and all. so you are the ONLY one who is taking this personal.
if you are willing to say that you had your hand in it, you had better be willing to hear the flames of other members. you took that responsibility when you said you had your hand in it.
but like i said earlier, if you throw my name out there, you better have a blasteded good reason as to why.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 7:35:51 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
@ Bill,
i was only agreeing to what he was saying about about GOWK being banned,
I know. But you missed the point entirely. His post, was completely off topic. The OP isn't crying about anything. He wasn't doing the other thing Windu claimed either. So agreeing with him, is agreeing to be against something which has not been done by anyone. It's crystal clear if you actually read the OP's posts without emotion and personal biases on the issues attached. He wants to discuss ideas, and originally one that he thought might solve the issue. Whether you want people to not talk about it or not is irrelevant to the topic. It's also flaming, harrassment and a number of other problems (which were primarily Windu obviously, but I found it equally sad that two others also failed to even read and understand what the OP was talking about before agreeing.)

but for you to single me out is what is ignorant. not once
Yep, I started this. I forced you to agree with a guy who was trolling and flaming another member. I am clearly ignorant (which you might want to look up in a dictionary)....

in this past week have i said anything inflammatory towards you or any other member, and i will continue not to.
Umm, irrelevant. I'm not doing either of those to you either. You might think it is, but it's simple basic criticism of your point of agreeing with Windu. Even if you had made inflammatory comments about me this past week, I hope I would still respond the same way to crap like that. Luckily, since you already told everyone you did not, there shouldn't be an issue with my personal bias or emotions on this issue.

you have no grounds to throw my name in "3 of you hat", for i have done nothing to deserve it.
Sure I do, you wrote, "I agree with the basic point Windu was making". That point was off topic, rude, inflammatory, and totally irrelevant to what the OP actually said. It didn't even apply to him or anyone else in this thread. So it was a completely ignorant rant, that violates the forum rules, abuses another member, and really has no place on any forums. The moment you agreed with it, you put yourself in that 3 some.

you talk about abusive members, but your attitude towards others makes you appear to be an internet bully. its one thing to debate, its another bait members. as a matter of fact, i recall you typing that same thing to me recently.
you gave me some sound advice recently, and i took it.
but sometimes the messenger has to practice what he preaching.
Oh yea, now that's clever. You are right, I am at fault for pointing all of this out. Now I am being accused of "baiting" which means to try to get others to violate CoCs by posting inflammatory things about them (in terms of internet speech). When in reality, what I am doing is trying to curb exactly those things in this thread.... The last thing I am trying to do is bait you or anyone. Classic and ridiculous response. There is no need for further response from you, I am clearly not baiting. I was calling out inappropriate behavior, and people who supported it (even partially). There is a place for cleverness, sarcasm, even slightly rude posts on forums. However, if you are going to employ such tools you better at least do so on the topic at hand, and based on what the OP actually is talking about.

When you use these kinds of responses and aren't even talking about the same thing as the OP, then you just look foolish. I probably wouldn't have even responded, but I didn't like that two other people agreed with him, when he was so wrong in the first place. The topic has never been, "crying about GOWK being banned".
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 7:47:43 AM

well, being that GOWK was and is the Topic, how am i wrong for think that there was some relevance to what Windu was writing.
back to the baiting, saying that i should read the definition of ignorance is not baiting?
this confuses me, because from my stand point, you are insinuating that i may be stupid.
now that may not be the case, but with another member, they will jump all over that. so yea, you bait.
own it.
like i said before, i am no one to tell another member how he should speak on this site, because i have had my fair share of edited posts.
but you arent seeing past his cursing to see his actual point.
let me help you out here....
he believes that people should get over the fact that GOWK is banned (still on topic right?), he will remain banned.
you come busting in here talking about shame, ignorance blah blah blah.
i take you for a smart guy, you would have to be in order to get away with all of your baiting (falling off topic, getting back on), so how can you not see the mans point? is that because you only see cuss words? does that not make you ignorant?
also, these are not personal attacks, they are the obvious displayed by you.
if you are going to accuse the tea pot, you should see that you, being the Kettle, are also black (Now, for those who want to go and say that im being racist, blow it out of your bottom wind tunnel, because its not going to fly.)
billiv15
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 7:47:57 AM

@im also taking into consideration, that you had your hand in the banning of GOWK, being that you claimed it and all. so you are the ONLY one who is taking this personal.
if you are willing to say that you had your hand in it, you had better be willing to hear the flames of other members. you took that responsibility when you said you had your hand in it.
but like i said earlier, if you throw my name out there, you better have a blasteded good reason as to why.

Are you serious? I'm going to give you a minute to think this one through again. Take your time, look up whatever post you are referencing, check it against what you just claimed and come back.

This is pretty out there of a claim. I'd really like to see how you stand behind this one.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 7:51:28 AM

billiv15 wrote:
@im also taking into consideration, that you had your hand in the banning of GOWK, being that you claimed it and all. so you are the ONLY one who is taking this personal.

Are you serious? I'm going to give you a minute to think this one through again. Take your time, look up whatever post you are referencing, check it against what you just claimed and come back.

This is pretty out there of a claim. I'd really like to see how you stand behind this one.

did you not post earlier in the thread that you made "some suggestions"?
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 7:53:21 AM

clearly, you werent.
it was miller. which to me, is the same.
i apologize for that accusation, though.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 7:58:22 AM

he believes that people should get over the fact that GOWK is banned (still on topic right?), he will remain banned.

I understand that. That however, is not the topic of the thread, and is not the position of the OP.

You rightly understand Windu's point. What you keep missing is that the OP of the thread was not making the counter point that required Windu's response. His response (even without the cursing mind you) is total nonsense as a response to this thread.

The "ignorance" I speak of, is not calling you "stupid" hence why I suggested a dictionary. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge and understanding. Clearly you still don't understand that Windu's point is complete nonsense to the topic of the thread. The topic was not about GOWK and the OP "crying about him being banned". He wanted an intelligent discussion of a possible fix he thought of. Hence the nonsensical response of Windu shows he is "ignorant" of what the thread was about. He is "ignorant" of what the OP wanted to discuss, and those who agreed with him have made the same wrong assumptions about his meaning, even though twice he has tried to clarify it for you, and I have done so further.

If you don't get it this time, I don't know what to tell you. The point I was making is that Windu inserted a cursing rant that didn't even apply to the topic. And two of you agreed with it. And further, you continue to debate what the topic is with me, and still have yet to reference what the OP has actually said about it even once. Have you yet reread what I asked you to? Have you even thought about what the topic is? That is the definition of "ignorance", and I understand the term has a negative connotation, but I use it because in it's dictionary definition, it is the best term to relate what I am claiming.

Anyways, that's more than enough from me on this. Sorry to the OP for the "ignorant" comments, and sorry I have contributed to derailing your thread. I just thought someone needed to defend you against the claims being made, so you would know not that not everyone missed your point entirely. If you have learned nothing else, perhaps you see some of the emotion that is inexplicably tied up into this issue with some people.
amsnow
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 8:03:22 AM

Darth O wrote:
This is the perfect fix for him:

Give him Heavy Weapon, Mercenary, Force Ascetic, Savage, and Speed 0.

Then give him Accurate Shot, Lightsaber Block, Lightsaber Deflect, Charging Assault and Momentum, adjusting his points accordingly.Wink Sneaky

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 8:07:36 AM

Bill.
you have to understand that GOWK will always be a heated exchange, regardless of whether the OP intends it to be or not.
when he is brought up, people jump off the fence and choose their sides.
me, i like to think that i am on the fence, because i could care less about GOWK, he has been banned for so long now, its amazing that people even think about him.
i know that you werent insinuating that i was stupid either, i like to think that im somewhat intelligent enough to see past comments.
i am easily judged as a sinister character on this site, because i fly off the handle quicker then any one else does, and use alot of exploitive language. im trying to be better with it, because you are right, in a community, we have to take the good with the bad, and know the difference between the 2.
i dont want you thinking for 1 second that i want to fight with you, because i dont.
you have alot of insight on what goes on in this game, and its valuable to alot of members, including myself.
i just think the Sarcasm factor will have alot of people thinking that you are attacking them in the minimal sense.
its taken me awhile to see that is not the case with you, but for other members, they might not want to see past what you say and how you say it.
The bottom line, Opans language was uncalled for, but his point is just as relevant as yours and mine.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 8:08:52 AM

I, for one, wished GOWK could be restored to play (with adjustments mind you). He's a great character with one of the best sculpts (as posted earlier) and a great CE.

I've seen a lot of suggestions on different sites and what Bill posted seems to be the most reasonable (and keeping GOWK at 55pts). I have played against GOWK a few times recently (yes, even after the ban) and he is a TANK. It took almost a whole 200pt squad to take him down and even that took a few rounds. Equivalent figures point-wise were toasted in one round and usually by only a couple characters.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 8:11:22 AM

ok, i have a suggestion for GOWK.
he can only be ran with Ewok Scouts.
how funny would that be?