RegisterDonateLogin

It is possible this site is not entirely stable.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

VASSAL Options
billiv15
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 8:38:28 AM
Groups: Member

mercenary_moose wrote:
Kinda like Bloo Milk. You can keep tabs on your collection there and make squads, but I feel personally that Bloo Milk is far, far better.

This is one thing I never understand about this community in particular. You have this need to disparage others in your attempt to promote bloomilk. Let's compare the two programs shall we? Bloomilk squad builder, never runs quickly, has frequent down time, requires a lot of reloads and often doesn't work at all. Minismanager never has those issues at all. All you have to do is download it. Sure, bloomilk allows you to share your squads easier with others, which is my primary reason for using it, but let's not pretend that it's better than Minismanager, because other than that, it most certainly is not.

Please in the future, will everyone in this community stop acting like this site is God's gift to minis? It's not. It's a good resource, leave it at that please.

Mod edit: removed an inflamitory line.
dnemiller
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 9:43:04 AM

LOL!!!

Really folks so folks like their potatoes mashed so like them baked. Doesn't mean the potato isnt good. Mini Manager is a great resource and so is this site. I agree with Bill this is not God's gift to minis. In fact some of the functions on this site have caused fights. The guy asked about mini manager. You could have answered his question without making Mini Manager sound useless. The guy is already here so he must use bloomilk.

Mod Edit: Not necessary for your point, and will only cause problems.
Del Muerte
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 9:46:53 AM

Self Edit: comment wasn't needed.

On Vassel weekends = low activity, I assume its cause most people play at LGS during the weekend and such. and don't forget time zone issues.
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 10:10:03 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I have removed baiting and inflamitory posts.

It is okay to have issues with this site, and to have different preferences. Even Shinja will admit that is a continious work in progress.
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 10:18:18 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Ok, we are NOT going down this subject line on this thread.

Go back to discussing Vassal or the tools needed to help use it, or I will lock this thread.
Del Muerte
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:54:44 PM

One thing I found very interesting with Vassel is the top down very of maps. It really helps you see LOS angle's IMOA. The thing I don't like thou is not knowing when it ok tell people they made a mistake either in a rule call, moving to far, or tactical. An other trouble I came across on Vassel is remembering which figure is small.

As for tool that would be nice for Vassel and In general. Is Card Scans for a squad Laid out on a Web page. I really remember Figure better If I have a Card to look at.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 8:02:06 PM

With rules issues and mistakes, it's generally acceptable to pipe in when you see an error (or to whisper to the player making the error if you don't want to make it public).

Tactics and strategy on the other hand, are best left to the players as it is their game, not yours. If you want to talk about it, wait 'til the post-game chat.
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 9:35:10 PM

Would someone be willing to write up an in game tutorial? Would be nice. BigGrin
billiv15
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 1:44:40 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
With rules issues and mistakes, it's generally acceptable to pipe in when you see an error (or to whisper to the player making the error if you don't want to make it public).

Tactics and strategy on the other hand, are best left to the players as it is their game, not yours. If you want to talk about it, wait 'til the post-game chat.

That totally depends however. If it's a tournament game, then by no means are you allowed to say anything. But if it's just a regular game, generally no one minds, as long as you are polite about it :)
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 6:12:43 AM

I'm on now, but have no idea how Vassal works lol
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 4:15:44 PM

I tried to download it a month or 2 ago...
but apparently the coding isnt that great...
it doesnt work well on Linux so I canned it.
not going to attempt it again, Ill stick with analog