RegisterDonateLogin

You truly belong here with us among the clouds.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Nashville Tounament Results Options
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:49:36 AM
Groups: Member

An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and may be the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting aguments.
The term fact can refer to, depending on context, a detail concerning circumstances past or present, a claim corresponding to objective reality, a provably true concept, or a synonym for reality
Thank you wikipedia.
I like red.
Shoto Parry
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:52:26 AM

billiv15 wrote:

#1 IF Opinions are wrong all the time.

#2 AND All "facts" are simply widely accepted opinions

Confused therefore all facts are wrongScared
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:25:19 AM

no I havent attended Gencon and do not plan to...

Ruhk
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:39:45 AM

That's too bad hachet. I think it would be a fantastic experience for you, and of anyone for that matter. I went (9 hours of driving each way!) and had a fantastic experience. I made some new friends, and connected with ones I already had made. Plus..even though I got pummeled in the Jedi Master Challenge.. I still managed to take 6th and got to the playoff (losing a very close game [7~12 point diff] to DarthBaker). It was a great learning experience and certainly has made me a better player. And afterwards.. I was never more enthusiastic for the game.
Boris
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:52:58 AM

"Cheap" or not, it's what wins, so people are going to play it, especially in a tournament that costs $10 and without knowing for sure what the prizes are.

I came and played and had a great time, and I am not offended by your comment, nor do I believe Graybar would be. He and I, and many at our Owensboro venue, have discussed this before at length. He would probably be the first one to agree with you that it is very good (aka cheap/cheese/etc).

That said, this continued bickering is pointless and only serves to hurt your venue. It's too bad you are too angry to see that. I guess this is where you tell me you are not angry or whatever, but nevertheless this is a game. Even if you aren't really angry, your behavior is immature and only serves to hurt the Nashville, TN venue, whether you realize it or not. Sad

Signed,
the REAL, the ORIGINAL, the ONLY Boris

All others are imitations meant to tarnish my reputation and confuse people who know me by my username - I wasn't sure of that until today.

the last few sentences are an example of baiting
DJ
Cybit
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:25:06 AM

Speedy Cannon may be legal at 150, but it doesn't mean it isn't hella boring, and probably bad for the meta.

If you've never played against Speedy Cannon on Teth before, yeah, I can see why someone would put it at unbeatable. To me, @ Gencon, Deri winning map was the biggest roll of the game.

Then again, I think Dodonna is the worst piece in this game currently (and I'd rather have banned Dodonna then GOWK), so go figure.

Regardless, glad to hear people had fun! Here's to Dark Times hopefully changing things, I'm tired of losing all my minis players because they find the meta boring as heck.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:15:48 PM

IMO, the meta ALWAYS changes...usually when each set comes out it changes...slightly (like when GaW came out) or HUGELY (like when FU came out)...

anyways, basically if EVERYONE (or at least 50%) played speedy cannon, or another "cheap" squad, others would create a counter squad to it...and then the meta could possibly change.

For Ex, a counter to a speedy cannon squad would probably be a SS squad. Now, while a SS squad also is a "cheap" squad, a counter to THAT squad would be a CorSec squad (few, but obvioulsy its a trap would be VERY annoying) or any squad that has a cannon shooter (pref. with accurate) with a force sense character (Ex. leia, visas, etc.) . Those kinds of squads are usually not "cheap", and usually hard thought out, but a speedy cannon squad could probably beat it.

THE POINT: SWM is a circle. Each squad has its own strengths/weaknesses, and some more than others...though the ones with lots a strengths usually have one HUGH weakness or those with lots of weaknesses have one HUGE strength...

thats my philosophy and my BombBomb :)
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:19:26 PM

lol...

I love you guys...
there are too many things that can be considered cheap.
Im just going to hold my list of cheap things for a later point and time...
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:28:10 PM

dahatchetjeedi wrote:
lol...

I love you guys...
there are too many things that can be considered cheap.
Im just going to hold my list of cheap things for a later point and time...

By all means, post it in another thread. They can lead to really good discussions about strategy, squads and so on. (I'm quite serious). Just don't do it in a tournament thread where one of the players gets insulted :) Make a new thread in General to talk about it.
jew3
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:54:18 AM

Echo24 wrote:
In the middle of round 2 Han STA got easily brought to 20 HP (would have been dead had Mara Jade hit with both of her Twin Attacks instead of 1), and he left Boba Fett 1 space away from MJJ. He won init at the start of Round 3, went first, and had Han shoot some stuff before he died (leaving BFBH un-activated). I activated 2, had Kyle (or Kol, I don't remember) finish off Han and Mara Jade used a Cunning Lightsaber Assault to easily take out BFBH in a single phase.

I just loved to read this report. I started laughing my bum off. I just though it was the funniest thing in the world. I am glad that Echo24 was able to easily deal with this squad. I am glad that you MtB or whatever other name you are using, got to learn first hand what a good player with a good squad can do to cheese like boba cannon.
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:29:43 AM

jew3 wrote:

I just loved to read this report. I started laughing my bum off. I just though it was the funniest thing in the world. I am glad that Echo24 was able to easily deal with this squad. I am glad that you MtB or whatever other name you are using, got to learn first hand what a good player with a good squad can do to cheese like boba cannon.

the last sentence could be considered baiting
DJ