RegisterDonateLogin

You stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking milk drinker!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

What Weird Items Do You Use For SWM's Games? Options
obsidian7788
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 2:34:09 AM
Groups: Member

Darth Percocet wrote:

Check these out, these are the things we use for LOS they work amazing in my opinion.Regardless your getting a straight line & it doesnt take up room like a ruler, & its easy to swing from one corner to the other to see your full LOS, if they have cover etc. Works good

yes i use those too. they work great.
obsidian7788
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 2:38:23 AM

obsidian7788 wrote:
Darth Percocet wrote:

Check these out, these are the things we use for LOS they work amazing in my opinion.Regardless your getting a straight line & it doesnt take up room like a ruler, & its easy to swing from one corner to the other to see your full LOS, if they have cover etc. Works good

yes i use those too. they work great.

i got mine for free from respiratory care conventions. they gice out some interesting free stuff. say like a little sewing kit, complete with needle and thread.
DarthJak
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 2:54:40 AM

SquelchDog wrote:
@ Darth Percocet, where did you get those Key Chain Stretcher's?

you can get 'em at Walmart for 4 for $1.5-$2
DarthJak
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 2:59:05 AM

I found educational sticker charts at a $$ store with numbers 1-100.
I use these to number my multiples of non uniques.

another Juice Man Idea:Wub
the color rings used to be put on keys to ID them, work great as color coding pieces.
Cut the ring at 1 point in the circle, and it will fit on the base of your minisThumpUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 3:06:40 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I played against someone who took a bunch of star stickers and cut them in half - half on the base of a common and half on the sleeve of the card. Good way to tell them apart.

I use red 6-sided dice for damage and white 6-sided dice for FP.
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 4:42:54 AM

I surprised no one else has said they do this, but I use 10 sided dice for health. It translates perfectly and is real easy to track. For FP I use anything from 4 to 8 sided dice.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 5:51:47 AM

Dr. Destructo wrote:
I surprised no one else has said they do this, but I use 10 sided dice for health. It translates perfectly and is real easy to track. For FP I use anything from 4 to 8 sided dice.

Yep! I have a bunch of D10s for just that purpose. For FPs I use small red 6-siders. Also use those to mark door-state.

I have a ton of different dice, but for some reason my D20s don't roll higher than 8. They must be defective Razz
jastermereel85
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:03:22 AM

Depending on what candy we are snacking on...we sometimes use Skittles for door markers. Green Skittle means door Overriden open, red Skittle means door is locked. When I use a bunch of UC/Cs, I will sometimes use the candy to mark which ones have taken a hit, green equals almost full health, then yellow, orange, and red for "near dead." It works great until we run out of candy.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:30:31 AM

jastermereel85 wrote:
Depending on what candy we are snacking on...we sometimes use Skittles for door markers. Green Skittle means door Overriden open, red Skittle means door is locked. When I use a bunch of UC/Cs, I will sometimes use the candy to mark which ones have taken a hit, green equals almost full health, then yellow, orange, and red for "near dead." It works great until we run out of candy.

I love this idea. Efficient use of resources BigGrin
jastermereel85
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:40:50 AM

swinefeld wrote:
jastermereel85 wrote:

I love this idea. Efficient use of resources BigGrin

Ha ha, thanks!
SquelchDog
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 8:02:32 PM

The Madman wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Any office supply store will have them. Or check the office supply section of your local box store.

If you buythem at an office store they are WAY over priced
but if you work with your play group to buy a small case you can get them in bulk for like .50 each

or- do like i've done in the past, when you donate blood or visit the Dr. Office ask the nurses if you can have theirsThumpUp

Cool, thanks guys. ThumpUp

DarthJak wrote:
I found educational sticker charts at a $$ store with numbers 1-100.
I use these to number my multiples of non uniques.

Cool ThumpUp , that's even better than my idea, (Note to self* send homemade R-5 unit to $$ store*)

DarthJak wrote:
SquelchDog wrote:
@ Darth Percocet, where did you get those Key Chain Stretcher's?

you can get 'em at Walmart for 4 for $1.5-$2

Ah yes, Wally World where would I be without them. Laugh Thanks DarthJak! Wink
The Madman
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 1:09:38 AM

jastermereel85 wrote:

not exactly the same thing but aformer player who played Hero Clix (they use LOS a bit diffrently than we do)
used to use Mint Dental floss for his LOS tool
Lachesis
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 3:26:32 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:

i use to use these. but i got rid of them because there string is kind of thick, i just bbuy some neon orange thread (sewing thread) and its so thin you can get shots off u didnt think you could

give me the edge
Chargers
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 4:45:05 AM

Dr. Destructo wrote:
... I use 10 sided dice for health. It translates perfectly and is real easy to track. For FP I use anything from 4 to 8 sided dice.

Exactly.

For marking doors open or closed, I use green or red markers.
A couple friends bought some thin green and red from the craft store, glued them together, and cut out small circles; they flip the foam so the proper color is up as needed.
SquelchDog
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 10:02:13 AM

jastermereel85 wrote:

Those wouldn't last ten seconds at my house. Laugh
jastermereel85
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 10:48:07 AM

The Madman wrote:
jastermereel85 wrote:

not exactly the same thing but aformer player who played Hero Clix (they use LOS a bit diffrently than we do)
used to use Mint Dental floss for his LOS tool

Awesome! Leaves your heroes smelling minty fresh!
jastermereel85
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 10:48:39 AM

SquelchDog wrote:
jastermereel85 wrote:

Yeah...I have to bring multiple bags of Skittles...it gets expensive. Ha.
carnorjax1
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 11:19:35 AM

jastermereel85 wrote:
SquelchDog wrote:
jastermereel85 wrote:

Yeah...I have to bring multiple bags of Skittles...it gets expensive. Ha.

Aren't Skittles universally magical? LOL Most legit candy evah!
DarthJak
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 11:38:26 AM

WHAT ABOUT FROSTED LUCKY CHARMS?

they're magically delicious!
carnorjax1
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 11:43:57 AM

DarthJak wrote:
WHAT ABOUT FROSTED LUCKY CHARMS?

they're magically delicious!

Those exist?! Woot