RegisterDonateLogin

Is not as forgiving as Darth Vader.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Comm. Thread (5/24: Important Question for EVERYONE!) Options
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 1:08:14 PM
Groups: Member

(To view the BlooMilk Booster League Master Thread, please go HERE)

BlooMilk Booster League Communication Thread

In this thread, you can communicate with other players (and with the League runners) any questions or concerns you may have. You can also use this thread to get in contact with members in order to set up a time to play your match on Vassal, and to Report Match Results!

So basically this thread is a catch-all for any discussion we need to have or for any communication that needs to be fun.

Check the Master Thread if you need to look at the Standings or Schedule.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 1:09:35 PM

I have to admit I was surprised by the Home Team-Away Team thing, but it makes using the Squad Reveal function on Vassal sooooo much easier...nice touch.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 1:16:07 PM

The Celestial Warrior wrote:
I have to admit I was surprised by the Home Team-Away Team thing, but it makes using the Squad Reveal function on Vassal sooooo much easier...nice touch.

also we took the trade & every other new rule out this season, were gonna test run this season & if it does good then want your advie on what rules to add next yet buddy..

Check out our home page, we have a home base that links you to everything you need to know.. So Week 1 starts tomorrow, so on here post what day is good for you players to play, week1 will by from tuesday all day - sunday 11 am. So get your squads built most of have them, we just need to schedule times now you will play 1 game a week. So Post your play times on here or over on the Home Base Page... you can find a link to that page on the top of this thread
creme_brule
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 1:16:43 PM

is it too late to sign up?
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 1:22:27 PM

creme_brule: Nope, not too late at all! We're in definite need of substitutes in the event that some players cannot continue with the League. I hate to be pessimistic, but it's probably going to happen, lol. In the event that someone drops out, you'll be given ownership of their collection, and will also inherit their record. Then you'll finish up the season as you normally would. =)
creme_brule
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 1:34:28 PM

Demosthenes wrote:
creme_brule: Nope, not too late at all! We're in definite need of substitutes in the event that some players cannot continue with the League. I hate to be pessimistic, but it's probably going to happen, lol. In the event that someone drops out, you'll be given ownership of their collection, and will also inherit their record. Then you'll finish up the season as you normally would. =)

shoot...so, in reality, it IS too late to join the league? :(
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 1:55:24 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Okay folks, this is getting out of control. Way too many threads. Plan on a way to organize better, because I will be cleaning this forum up tomorrow.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 1:59:56 PM

Sithborg - That's why we wanted a place to put it all. We need all of these threads separate to avoid confusion. The only thread that people are gonna need to post in is this thread and the Master Thread. The Rules / Overview thread, Schedule thread, and Standings thread can all be locked, as we'll have links to all of them in our Master Thread.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 2:07:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Yes, and the request has been put in. That doesn't give you permission to take over this forum. I will even sticky a thread for you until we hear from Shinja. Until then, you are going to have to figure out a way to keep it to two threads, because it is not fair to the other users of this forum.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 2:57:18 PM

We're consolidating now, but I can't see a way to go fewer than 3 threads. We consolidated Rules / Overview / The Master Thread, and have consolidated Standings / Schedule, but then this Communication thread will be where all the talking is taking place so we need this as well. I hope that isn't too much to ask. Sorry for taking things over! =(
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 3:16:16 PM

Optimally, it'd be nice to have a sub-forum for all of this, but that'd be up to Shinja and it'd be better to see how this initial event turns out first.
Wysten
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 7:37:05 PM

Alright, just stating if I can't get the extra maps working by my match, I will drop out to let someone take over me. Just for some reason the basic program is working, just I can't get the extra maps to load at all.

I will probably be busy till Thursday, I have last two term days of college today and tomorrow, and b-day tomorrow. After this week, I will be completely free for 2 weeks.
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:16:21 AM

Wysten - Yeah, I'm trying to find out from some people who are more knowledgeable about Vassal than myself what to do, so I'll get back to you soon on that. I want you to be able to participate, so hopefully we can work it out! =)
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:20:19 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The maps all need unzipped (you need the .mdx files) and placed in a subfolder labeled "SWMinis_ext"...which is in a folder labeled "modules"...which also has the SWMinis.mod file in it.

I believe there are 16 map files now.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:43:23 AM

We don't have a report thread.

Skeeve3000 vs The Celestial Warrior

Skeeve wins...I pretty much conceded this game after his 7th consecutive grenades roll, 2 failed parries on my part...I just simply didn't have enough damage output to match up my stealth pieces against his lone accurate shooter.
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:17:16 AM

Celestial Warrior: Yeah, for the sake of contracting threads, we'll be using the Communications Thread to also report matches. Thanks for letting me know!
Wysten
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:45:07 AM

Ahhhh, unzipped, I get you now.

I will get to work on that, apprently the only match he can have is today, which means I will probably be rushing it a bit. Due to a handin date being tomorrow. I've let him know that I am starting soon.
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:51:29 AM

Best of luck getting it to work Wysten!
Wysten
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 4:58:32 AM

Oh yes!

Finally got extra maps to work, will be installing most of them, though it does not change my starting map choice. ^^
Eroschilles
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 4:59:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

imyurhukaberry wrote:
The maps all need unzipped (you need the .mdx files) and placed in a subfolder labeled "SWMinis_ext"...which is in a folder labeled "modules"...which also has the SWMinis.mod file in it.

I believe there are 16 map files now.

I had to name the subfolder for the maps "SWMinis.Mod_ext" to make it work on my computer.