RegisterDonateLogin

Still effective inside Thrawn's Force bubble.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Comm. Thread (5/24: Important Question for EVERYONE!) Options
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 12:27:15 PM
Groups: Member

Actually, she was around all weekend, but DP never showed. I know her personally so I'll poke her in your direction for Week 2.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 12:40:00 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT:
In order to keep the League going, and so that everyone has their boosters for Week 2, I'm issuing a DRAW for the following Week 1 matches:

Darth Percocet AT StLaura
ArtemisCFrog43 AT Wysten

What a DRAW means is that both players will be given a Tie in the standings, and will both be given boosters from the Winners half of the pulls. If the two players can arrange a time to finish their match, then so be it, and I will change the standings accordingly, but it will be on their own time, and they will be expected to finish their regularly-scheduled matches.
creme_brule
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 1:03:54 PM

Demosthenes wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT:
In order to keep the League going, and so that everyone has their boosters for Week 2, I'm issuing a DRAW for the following Week 1 matches:

Darth Percocet AT StLaura
ArtemisCFrog43 AT Wysten

What a DRAW means is that both players will be given a Tie in the standings, and will both be given boosters from the Winners half of the pulls. If the two players can arrange a time to finish their match, then so be it, and I will change the standings accordingly, but it will be on their own time, and they will be expected to finish their regularly-scheduled matches.

sounds pretty good; though, weresnt you going to give Artemis and Wysten some slack time bc he joined late?
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 1:06:28 PM

Yes, which is why they'll still have a chance to finish the match and give me the results so I can update the standings. All a Draw does is give me the opportunity to move on to the next week. =)
Wysten
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 11:35:04 PM

Aye, we should be able to have our match today, we arranged it down for today. 6pm his time. I should be able to give a battle report by then.
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:57:05 AM

Question can door gimmick override override?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 6:07:53 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

No.
Only Override can "override" another Override.
(see Glossary Text for details)
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:11:51 AM

Week 2
Wysten vs. Demosthenes

Wysten wins. Dice Gods favored Wysten the entire match. >_<
Wysten
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:25:37 AM

Aye, had my match with Demosthenes. Got to say, the dice gods were definately on my side, it was a fun game though.
Emissary
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:47:48 AM

Emissary vs. Weeks

Weeks wins, 150-39! Had a lot of fun with this one! Didn't expect for our two big guys to base each other. Deciding factor was me having a Heavy Weapon guy and him having Shields. Still though, it was a great match!!
greentime
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:25:18 PM

greentime vs. empirejeff

Greentime wins it out 153-45. It was closer than the score might indicate.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:01:30 PM

greentime wrote:
greentime vs. empirejeff

hmm, i assume that he went on a kill streak, and most of his figs were at low HP?
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:31:52 PM

creme_brule wrote:
greentime wrote:
greentime vs. empirejeff

hmm, i assume that he went on a kill streak, and most of his figs were at low HP?

Arica happened. His squad is pretty powerful for week 2.
Weeks
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 1:22:08 AM

Emissary wrote:
Emissary vs. Weeks

Weeks wins, 150-39! Had a lot of fun with this one! Didn't expect for our two big guys to base each other. Deciding factor was me having a Heavy Weapon guy and him having Shields. Still though, it was a great match!!

In the end i just had too much HP for him to cut through if we haad gone another round or two with his shooters he would have won.
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:27:24 AM

empirejeff wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
greentime wrote:
greentime vs. empirejeff

_____ happened. His squad is pretty powerful for week 2.

uh-oh. hope i dont have to play him,lol :P if he had a (ghetto) swap squad already, thats pretty scary thinking about it...though, when you say "closer than the score might indicate" i assume that if you killed his _____, it would be easier defeating him? :)
empirejeff
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:40:38 AM

creme_brule wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
greentime wrote:
greentime vs. empirejeff

Arica happened. His squad is pretty powerful for week 2.

uh-oh. hope i dont have to play him,lol :P if he had a (ghetto) swap squad already, thats pretty scary thinking about it...though, when you say "closer than the score might indicate" i assume that if you killed his arica, it would be easier defeating him? :)

Well I did not have an answer for his kyle. Arica had all ready did the damage for the most part. And then kept shooting. BTW he has R2, and a vong.
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:33:23 AM

empirejeff wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
greentime wrote:
greentime vs. empirejeff

_____ happened. His squad is pretty powerful for week 2.

uh-oh. hope i dont have to play him,lol :P if he had a (ghetto) swap squad already, thats pretty scary thinking about it...though, when you say "closer than the score might indicate" i assume that if you killed his arica, it would be easier defeating him? :)

Well I did not have an answer for his jedi. _____ had all ready did the damage for the most part. And then kept shooting. BTW he has [override character], and a vong.

that makes much more sense. :) BTW,d id he camp with [override character] and let _____ do the dirty work?
greentime
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:45:49 AM

creme_brule wrote:
that makes much more sense. :) BTW,d id he camp with R2 and let arica do the dirty work?

No, I charged my entire squad into the middle and blaster barraged the main corridor of the Throne Room map through them because of her sniper. R2 had almost zero effect as it worked out. "Closer than the score would indicate" just means that it was not a tremendous blowout, but a game that stayed close until fairly late and then broke hard in the closing rounds. Our scores were nearly tied until he lost 70 points of stuff in round 4.

By the way, it would have been a little cooler to describe the game in generalities like Weeks and Emissary are doing, instead of telling everyone else exactly what pieces I'm playing with. Just something to keep in mind.

creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:30:53 AM

greentime wrote:
[quote=creme_brule]By the way, it would have been a little cooler to describe the game in generalities like Weeks and Emissary are doing, instead of telling everyone else exactly what pieces I'm playing with. Just something to keep in mind.

oop, thats my bad there. Unsure yea, sry about that. though, note that since your game was "closer than it looked", it might suggest that your squad might be different overall.

though, ill edit all my posts to fix out your pieces that were mentioned. Smile
R5Don4
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:43:35 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
Actually, she was around all weekend, but DP never showed. I know her personally so I'll poke her in your direction for Week 2.

Yoo-hoo still waiting for a sign of life.