RegisterDonateLogin

Bloominous beings are we...not this crude matter.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Comm. Thread (5/24: Important Question for EVERYONE!) Options
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 12:46:32 PM
Groups: Member

R5Don4 wrote:
Cross Divisional Action!!!

Game 4

R5Don4 at Emporer Dragon

Don wins 202 to 53

Once again MVP's for me were Youngling and Nikto Soldier

Confirmed. Once again my dice failed me, further supporting my Vassal cyber-gremlin theory. Will these craptastic dice lead my towards the ultimate losing steak? Only time will tell.

Otherwise, while the Nikto definitely earned MVP, I'd give the LVP award to the Mandalorian Supercommando, who once again, despite his beefy stats, failed to hit anything and was vaped quicker than Greedo.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:21:44 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Imyurhukaberry (159) vs Lilninja93 (57) at the Train Station

Great game. Durge JH is a tank. I just avoided him as much as possible. Got some lucky init rolls to seal the deal...and the ESA is well worth the points with an Imp Officer. (as is a Mando JH) Activations played a key role in this game. One of these days I'll remember that the Imperial Sov Protector has Force Sense!

*to ED...man...i hope the streak breaks for ya!
Mando
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:35:56 PM

sithlord54 defeated me, in a epic duel and a big blast.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 2:33:05 AM

me & lil ninja had a nice battle last night at 1am lol, our week 2 makeup match, man if we had more time i would of had him i think lol, & not to mention my bad rolls i had on durge who i let an AOO go on my WeW with 30hp & durge what do you know on the AOO gets crit, if he didnt i would of killed durge, & then marr was closing in on Mara, but lilninja got me, the dude is good & dont under estimate him, the user is a beast & he played very well, hope he feels the same.

Understand i dont have the best collection, & i think i hold my own last few games i played with what i got, so Lilninja93 , your good & will go far in the league my friend & it was a great match & i had fun, lol we both let eachother go on stupid moves we forgot to do & i admire you for that my friend.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 2:46:32 AM

Emissary wrote:
Week 4 matchup:

Emissary at Darth Percocet

Emissary wins 133 to 126, the match went to time.

You talk about your close and good matches....this was it. I was so worried once my beats were killed but I pulled a win out.........somehow. Init rolls weren't with me at the beginning, but at the end they were and I have to say that they did help me win the game. No MVP's for this game, I had to pull out all the stops and use my bag of tricks to win this one.

And Percocet...again...mad props to you. That was an excellent game!

No this wasnt an excellent game, this was an Epic game, i had so much fun in this game with Em.... if i would of stopped forgetting to surprise move there was a chance i could of won this but i kept forgetting, but on Em's behalf he offered even after round started to letm e Suprise move anyways but i said no cuz round started, but just the offer shows hes a good person & understands people forget dumb stuff like that.. it came down to the last round i was winning by 1pt cuz gambit for a few rounds, but then last round is when he got me, if i would of surprised move instead of forgetting theres a chance i could of took down the fig that got him all his pts to pass me, but Emisarry is a great player & one of the funnest games i ever played, props to Em he played good

p.s. Thanx Em for the props, it was a close game & i know ur a good player so it means alot that how close i came i almost took a win but your skill showed in the last round & look forward to our next match my friend..
skeeve3000
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 12:47:53 AM

Week 4 Matchup

ArtemisCFrog43 at Skeeve3000

We played on the Muunlist Plaza map.

I ended up winning the match 199 to 197. I only had an IG-86 Assasin Droid left. If he had gotten one more gambit he would have won the match. I'm not sure I have ever had a match go that close.

creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:23:02 AM

skeeve3000 wrote:
Week 4 Matchup

I ended up winning the match 199 to 197. I only had an IG-86 Assasin Droid left. If he had gotten one more gambit he would have won the match. I'm not sure I have ever had a match go that close.

jsut curious...did you finish the round?
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 7:35:47 AM

Mathias vs. Demosthenes

Mathias wins 204-189. His last piece proved to be too much to handle once I had picked off all of the rest, and I couldn't whittle down his HP fast enough, and he won on gambit. Argh! lol. Great match, man, wish you all the best in the rest of the league!
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 10:17:21 PM

creme_brule wrote:
skeeve3000 wrote:
Week 4 Matchup

jsut curious...did you finish the round?

There was no round to finish after he blasted my last Rebel Trooper (who was standing in Gambit when he died Sad )
Ukezwoll
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:37:16 AM

Ukezwoll vs Eroschilles

Conceded

Winner: Ukezwoll

I tried to circle around and avoid contact as it seemed my squad had the ranged advantage. Eroschilles killed a few scrubs of mine, while I was largely unable to kill anything as he kept different figures as the legal target and these tough pieces also shrugged off many weak attacks. In the end the main threats of my opponent did take significant damage though and the game was conceded at that point, even though I still had not managed to kill anything except a 6 point figure.
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 10:16:10 AM

Ukezwoll wrote:
Ukezwoll vs Eroschilles

Conceded

I tried to circle around and avoid contact as it seemed my squad had the ranged advantage. Eroschilles killed a few scrubs of mine, while I was largely unable to kill anything as he kept different figures as the legal target and these tough pieces also shrugged off many weak attacks. In the end the main threats of my opponent did take significant damage though and the game was conceded at that point, even though I still had not managed to kill anything except a 6 point figure.

hmm...seems like a tie ;)
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 12:42:05 PM

creme_brule wrote:
Ukezwoll wrote:
Ukezwoll vs Eroschilles

Conceded

hmm...seems like a tie ;)

Really? Seems like slow play to me...

Which time limit was being enforced? 2hrs or 80/75 minutes? What was the final score?
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 1:00:22 PM

80-minute time limit was not in effect for Week 4.
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 1:50:38 PM

Demosthenes wrote:
80-minute time limit was not in effect for Week 4.

...but still. being able to kill only a 6 point piece during the whole game is pretty whack...
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 2:38:49 PM

I realize that, I was just responding to TCW's question.
Ukezwoll
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 4:43:09 PM

The Celestial Warrior wrote:

Which time limit was being enforced? 2hrs or 80/75 minutes? What was the final score?

The score was I believe 14-11 in favor of my opponent when he conceded after something like 1 hour and 30 minutes. The time limit was 2 hours.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 11:02:47 PM

Ukezwoll wrote:

The score was I believe 14-11 in favor of my opponent when he conceded after something like 1 hour and 30 minutes. The time limit was 2 hours.

Yeah that's definately slow play, and exactly why I was against the 2 hour time limit in the first place. I'm glad it moved down to 80. I personnally think at the very least this game should be changed to a double loss, if not the win being awarded to Ukezwoll's opponent.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 12:41:39 AM

Neither of the parties involved complained about slow play, so there's no incentive to change the result. I know for a fact that Eroschilles' main beatstick has a lot of HP, and so perhaps Ukezwoll was focusing on taking him out, and never got around to whittling down all of his HP.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 12:56:59 AM

Still, clearly gambit was not being scored. What map was being played?

I just know, that if I slowplay under a 2 hr time limit, I can pretty much whittle any character down enough, but this is not the intent of the game. I just wonder if Eroschilles conceded out of obvious frustration and not wanting to sit around for another 30 minutes, while Ukezwoll refused to truly engage him. Untill I see a more clear play report, that is exactly what I see. Ukezwoll took advangtage of the 2hr time limit, recognized that he was outmatched and refused to give Eros a true match.
Ukezwoll
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 1:09:26 AM

I personnally think at the very least this game should be changed to a double loss, if not the win being awarded to Ukezwoll's opponent.

A peculiar statement I have to say. The first part would imply that a game deciding ruling on slow play should be made even before the game is finished. This game only went 75% of the time. I don't believe that kind of ruling is supported by the current DCI rules, nor do I belive the community would welcome a change to that effect. The second part of your statement seems to pinpoint a culprit regarding why the pace of the game was fairly slow. Obviously one would expect you to have been there, watching the whole game to be able to make such an audacious claim.

Judging from the state of the game at the time of the concession, I believe there was several factors contributing to it. First of all, my opponent was not aware of what the time limit for this game was. He may have expected and played for a win with the lead he had. Instead the realization that the time limit was 2 hours seemed to cause some concern and one might presume, possibly some degree of demoralization. Secondly, the very last activation of the game was mine. Following an init win I was able to in one activation cause 120 damage to his main threats. This weakened them considerably and severely harmed the chances of my opponent to win the game. He was poorly positioned to do any damage to my figures, hampered by the lack of door openers in a map crammed with doors and being severely outactivated he would have to expose a piece to my shooters if he wanted a chance to collect gambit. It was a pretty bleak situation and while probably not impossible to turn around I can certainly see why the decision was made to concede at this point.

In short it would seem that my opponent being unfamiliar with the time limit of the game, that the pace of the game may have been perceived as taxing and the fact that my opponent had other commitments to attend may have together created an environment, demoralized him if you like, where suddenly having to soak 120 damage with his main threats eliminated his will to play the game to the end. At which point the game was completely lost of course, no matter how many figures was left on the table.

This would also serve to illustrate the concept of "morale" I believe, which I'm sure you are familiar with. In wargames that employ this concept it is not always necessary to eliminate every living opponent. The "morale" of a unit is used to represent the will to act of the human component. When the "morale" of a unit reach zero it has no longer any will to carry on left. It will be as little able to contribute as if every living being of the unit had been eliminated. I believe this game was decided when the "morale" of my opponent reached zero and he no longer had the will to carry on playing. Why would you claim this was not a valid victory?