RegisterDonateLogin

Smells marginally better than the inside of a tauntaun.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Comm. Thread (5/24: Important Question for EVERYONE!) Options
greentime
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2010 8:33:37 PM
Groups: Member

Weeks thumped me 177-101.

At least I don't have to get RS for a third week in a row now ;)
Weeks
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 6:52:34 AM

greentime wrote:

It got pretty close there at the end luckily the save gods were with me, and the miss gods were with you :). Hopefully ill get something usefull again from my old booster.
greentime
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:20:40 AM

Weeks wrote:
greentime wrote:

It got pretty close there at the end luckily the save gods were with me, and the miss gods were with you :). Hopefully ill get something usefull again from my old booster.

Yeah, the saves at the end were pretty solid, plus I think you passed every single block/deflect save the entire game. By the end I probably had 200-300 damage negated! It was definitely your resiliency that won the game, not damage output (though that was all right too!). Pretty ridiculous that we ended with two 10 HP characters basing each other to determine the win.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:00:00 AM

greentime wrote:
Weeks wrote:
greentime wrote:

Yeah, the saves at the end were pretty solid, plus I think you passed every single block/deflect save the entire game. By the end I probably had 200-300 damage negated! It was definitely your resiliency that won the game, not damage output (though that was all right too!). Pretty ridiculous that we ended with two 10 HP characters basing each other to determine the win.

may i dare ask who where the two characters? :)
Emissary
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 5:27:13 PM

Round 3 matchup: empirejeff vs Emissary

Emissary 165 - empirejeff 94

Another really good game. I was worried for a few of the rounds, but the dice were finally on my side. All in all a really good game! ThumbsUp
Weeks
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 11:05:25 PM

creme_brule wrote:
greentime wrote:
Weeks wrote:
greentime wrote:

Youcan ask we just wont tell you :)
empirejeff
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 2:51:14 AM

Emissary wrote:
Round 3 matchup: empirejeff vs Emissary

Emissary 165 - empirejeff 94

Another really good game. I was worried for a few of the rounds, but the dice were finally on my side. All in all a really good game! ThumbsUp

Arg, I was set to blow up his whole squad.
greentime
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 7:45:35 AM

creme_brule wrote:

Grandmaster Luke Skywalker and Vader Scourge of the Jedi.

;)
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 10:40:14 AM

Weeks wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
greentime wrote:
Weeks wrote:
greentime wrote:

Youcan ask we just wont tell you :)

lol, "you" wont tell me...your friend gave it away...GMLS?! wow, thats pretty crazy...esp. at 150 points...
greentime
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 12:53:03 PM

creme_brule wrote:
lol, "you" wont tell me...your friend gave it away...GMLS?! wow, thats pretty crazy...esp. at 150 points...

Nah I was just kidding -- it was actually Boba Fett Bounty Hunter and Dash Rendar. Basically he made all his evade saves and kept winning initiative. It was rough ;)
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 1:07:30 PM

Mathias_Ordun vs. Creme_Brule

52-73, Creme_BRule wins

battle of the losers, i tell you. both of us were 0-2.

i tell you, Mathias by all means shoudlve one...two reasons:

a) horible dice rolls, if he had hit one of his deadeyes with the ARC sniper (And he rerolled one too!) he wouldve won the game

b) karma luck...at the wrong time. end of hte game, hes down by 21 points (after gambit), and my B3 is at 10 hp. his stormie runs up and attacks...the ARF for fun, since it doesnt matters...he rolls...a CRIT. a 20. if he had targeted the B3, he would've won...

he said all 3 games he's had horrible dice rolls, and i believe him...he's def. got skill though.

GG ,d ef.
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 1:08:15 PM

greentime wrote:
creme_brule wrote:

Nah I was just kidding -- it was actually Boba Fett Bounty Hunter and Dash Rendar. Basically he made all his evade saves and kept winning initiative. It was rough ;)

dont lie. he sadi you "based" each other, and who would ever ull boba Bh from a BH booster, and who would ever want to open a BH booster ?! ;)
Weeks
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 1:21:42 PM

creme_brule wrote:
greentime wrote:
creme_brule wrote:

dont lie. he sadi you "based" each other, and who would ever ull boba Bh from a BH booster, and who would ever want to open a BH booster ?! ;)

I think it was my Maul Champion of the force on his Ulic.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 2:46:05 PM

Spryguy1981 defeats Emperor Dragon 165-84, all in all it was a pretty good game. His squad had some scary synergy, a lucky high roll from my main shooter helped kill his big tank which saved me I think. Some of the synergy from my squad helped me win.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 3:04:58 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Spryguy1981 defeats Emperor Dragon 165-84, all in all it was a pretty good game. His squad had some scary synergy, a lucky high roll from my main shooter helped kill his big tank which saved me I think. Some of the synergy from my squad helped me win.

Confirmed. It also didn't help for me that my rolls just crapped out on me for 1 round which prevented me from killing one unit (though that unit met a horrible end later on).

In any case though, each loss strengthens me, so I still have hope. I've got about 3 good half-squads, but each one needs just 1 or two more pieces before they can really shine (That piece is not Marissah Fel).
Ukezwoll
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 11:45:35 PM

Ukezwoll vs Sashlon

102-56

Winner: Ukezwoll

Very close and exciting game where Sashlon had the upper hand most of the game. He protected his forces and took few losses while removing my screening fodder. Before the last turn Sashlon has a lead but first activation his main threat fails a thud bug save. Then my squad unleash what they got against the big guy. They get lucky, good rolls and even one crit. Then on the last activation of the game, my assassin does what he is supposed to do and crits the big guy again for the kill and the win.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:41:18 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Spry: did you ever post the results from our game? Or did I just miss it?
I was in such a hurry to go, I never got the final result. (plus you spanked me so bad I guess I didn't want to know! haha)

EmpD: I was hoping that my loss to Spry would get me some much needed help...yeah...not so much. Maybe I'll play with all scrubs just to try and get another newer booster! ;)
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:51:14 AM

Quote:
Spry: did you ever post the results from our game? Or did I just miss it?
I was in such a hurry to go, I never got the final result. (plus you spanked me so bad I guess I didn't want to know! haha)

Yeah, I didn't have to post them, Demosthenes was watching the game and took care of it for us. U can post if you want to, but I figured there wasn't any need.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 5:16:54 AM

No worries. Just wanted to make sure it was taken care of.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 5:49:54 PM

SL54 123- Huk 77 at the Train Station
I was winning at the 1hr time mark (very close)...but played it out and lost in the end.
Great game and was very close the whole time until I learned that Meru did not have Melee Attack. (learned the hard way) And Senate Commandos are def worth the cost! (wished I had one)
Note: my squad was made up of only non-unique characters. ;)