RegisterDonateLogin

Will consume you, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Comm. Thread (5/24: Important Question for EVERYONE!) Options
Wysten
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 3:13:41 AM
Groups: Member

Ow, were your uniques that bad? Or Just trying to get a better shot at the good stuff? XD

I am due to have my match in a hour and 20 minutes time anyways. ^^

Edit:

Results: Wysten 41 - 5 Eroschillies

We played for 50 minutes, with him killing a stormtrooper (poor guy was out of range of Yoda. *Sniffles*) and me killing 31 points worth of stuff and getting to gambit really quickly. Though that being said, he had one figure set up in a very strong postion for the turns to come, so if it had actually played out, the match probably may have yeilded a different result. I had a lot of health and he had a very big gun. Enough said.

Just please, for the love of god no more rebel strike. I can't stand to get a third one. T_T XD

imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 5:11:32 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

My uniques took the night off apparently. ;)

Also, did you mean Rebel Storm?
Wysten
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 5:32:37 AM

Hehehe, I donno, they only have to work once a week, and even then they are slacking off. Heh

Yeah, I do. 2 Rebel storm in a row is painful. Though my pulls from there are pretty good all things considered. Han Solo gells pretty well with the rest of my squad, just I have 3 storm troopers now, I have the best out of the set so I need something else before I get the rest. ><; XD
greentime
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 11:02:42 PM

Wysten wrote:
Hehehe, I donno, they only have to work once a week, and even then they are slacking off. Heh

Yeah, I do. 2 Rebel storm in a row is painful. Though my pulls from there are pretty good all things considered. Han Solo gells pretty well with the rest of my squad, just I have 3 storm troopers now, I have the best out of the set so I need something else before I get the rest. ><; XD

A-freaking-men. My first RS booster actually did help the squad out a lot -- 3 out of 7 pieces made the squad, which is better than one of my starting boosters! But the second RS had nothing but awful pieces that make you want to cry. Bothan spy? Lando Calrissian? I will be glad to not pull another to those.
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 2:02:34 AM

Week 3 - Demosthenes vs. ArtemisCFrog43

Artemis wins. Dice were in my favor in the beginning of the match, and I jumped out to a 32-0 lead. Then they turned on me, including TWO 1s from my main beat in the same turn. Oy. Good match, Artemis!
Wysten
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 3:46:19 AM

greentime wrote:
Wysten wrote:

A-freaking-men. My first RS booster actually did help the squad out a lot -- 3 out of 7 pieces made the squad, which is better than one of my starting boosters! But the second RS had nothing but awful pieces that make you want to cry. Bothan spy? Lando Calrissian? I will be glad to not pull another to those.

Aye, for me, it's the stormtroopers X 2 (got one from Jedi Acablastedy) and Han. Anyone who's seen one of my matches knows how infuriating it is to kill either of them. Partly why I dropped a discpine of R for another Stormtrooper and Crimson Nova. For 5 points, they have just been outstanding, be it just opening doors or cracking off a few shots.

Only time ones died is when he was out of range from that commander effect, and their only failing is finishing a 10hp sith lord, which made me use my most expensive beater on him. Han meanwhile has just been a minor irritation, 20 defence is quite a sturdy sheild.

The second booster also provided another good Mini, just not felt I could fit it in yet, but with 200 points, I am going to need any good stuff I can get!

Just, is it just me or is that randomizer having favouratisum for rebel storm? Who here has pulled one rebel storm? Who's pulled more then one? *Puts hand up.*

Ow Demo, ow. Surely you've not been able to get enough good figures by now. Use the force to reroll. *Waves hands* Surely one of them must hit.
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 3:56:38 AM

I did reroll it. Twice. MotF 2 is my friend, but by that point, it was too late. I've got good figs, but I'm a newb, and make many costly mistakes all the time. Ah well, such is life, lol.
cicrush13
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 10:22:55 AM

cicrush13 vs lilninja93

cicrush13 wins in last round init 190 to 144.

Nice game!
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 7:15:21 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Week 4 Schedule is now up! Go check to see who your opponent is, and find a time to have your match with them. I will be sending everyone their Week 4 boosters presently. Remember to send me your squad via BM.

REMINDER: Week 4 is at 200 Points. Also, the Time Limit will be extended to 2 hours.
(I might tweak the time limit between now and when the week starts, so keep an eye out for that.)
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:10:03 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT

Week 4 Schedule is now up! Go check to see who your opponent is, and find a time to have your match with them. I will be sending everyone their Week 4 boosters presently. Remember to send me your squad via BM.

REMINDER: Week 4 is at 200 Points. Also, the Time Limit will be extended to 2 hours.
(I might tweak the time limit between now and when the week starts, so keep an eye out for that.)

ummm...what if i dont have that much free time on my hands?!
greentime
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:14:59 AM

creme_brule wrote:

Play quickly.

creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:20:06 AM

greentime wrote:
creme_brule wrote:

Play quickly.

note that my opp. might play slow too ;)
empirejeff
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 2:06:45 PM

creme_brule wrote:
greentime wrote:
creme_brule wrote:

Play quickly.

note that my opp. might play slow too ;)

save the game
Wysten
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:04:01 PM

Aye, time the game and keep a record of it until the requested time is logged up, otherwise it will probably have to be a draw unless one person is willing to give up. That would probably be the fair way to do it.

I will arrange a matchtime later. ^^
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 10:56:18 PM

Even on Vassal, a 200 point game played correctly should not need 2 hours.
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 11:37:19 PM

Like I said, I might change the time limit. Instead of pointing out that 2 hours is too much, offering suggestions on an acceptable time limit would be more helpful.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 1:01:25 AM

Well, look at it this way. In DCI play, 200 and 150 have the exact same amout of time per round. On Vassal, without Teamspeak or Skype etc, I believe the accepted time frame is 75 minutes. But my point was, that even if you kept it at 2 hours, for those saying they don't have that much time to play a game, it should NEVER take 2 hours to play a 200 point game. You should be able to finish within 75 minutes. This is something we have been pressing for years now and it still hasn't quite taken root, even with the new changes to DCI
Wysten
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 2:15:43 AM

To be honest, I don't think the time constrants of a tourney should apply here, after all, we have a week rather then a day. If there is serious limitations on time, then that can be arranged on a personal discussion between the playees on a person to person basis before the battle. The only reason the limit was introduced was to ensure that there was an eventral end point to a battle on that day so we would not be waiting on the slow people all day, here we don't have a single day, so there is more flexability.

I have no problems with 2 hours anyways, though if anyone playing against me feels they can't manage that. Let me know before the match. ^^
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 3:46:40 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The only thing I will mention is that players need to discuss if they are playing to time for their matches. This should be discussed and agreed upon BEFORE you start to play as it might make a difference in tactics for the game.

This was shown in my last match where if we would have stopped at time one person would have won, but we continued the game and played to Total Victory. The result was different. (not complaining, just FYI)
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 6:08:56 AM

Week 4 Weeks vs. Spry

Weeks wins 210-123. Weeks tank was just too much to chew through with a bunch of 10 Damage shooters. Took it down to 10HP but that was as far as it went. My tank piece lasted longer than I anticipated, but ultimately bit the dust.