Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Comm. Thread (5/24: Important Question for EVERYONE!) Options
skeeve3000
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:17:45 PM
Groups: Member

creme_brule wrote:
Skeeve3000 vs. Creme_Brule

Brule wins, 201-31

it was pretty brutal...the dice were rolling ERALLY high for both siders...though, the clutch rolls (which was like 20) all except 2 failed skeeve...it was pretty brutal as said before. his melee beat shouldve killed my guy, needed a 3...nad orlled a 2. all my guys had like "dice shields" protecting them...he could only kill a couple of stormies and my stelath 6 point guy

good game :)

That had to be one off the most brutal and disapointing loses ever for me. I had many opportunities to kill things but could never roll what I needed. Brule played a good game though. His Senate Commando wih Double/Twin/Deceptive was brutal. He took out my ASN Droid and I-86 droid in the same activation.
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:55:59 PM

skeeve3000 wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
Skeeve3000 vs. Creme_Brule

Brule wins, 201-31

it was pretty brutal...the dice were rolling ERALLY high for both siders...though, the clutch rolls (which was like 20) all except 2 failed skeeve...it was pretty brutal as said before. his melee beat shouldve killed my guy, needed a 3...nad orlled a 2. all my guys had like "dice shields" protecting them...he could only kill a couple of stormies and my stelath 6 point guy

good game :)

That had to be one off the most brutal and disapointing loses ever for me. I had many opportunities to kill things but could never roll what I needed. Brule played a good game though. His Senate Commando wih Double/Twin/Deceptive was brutal. He took out my ASN Droid and I-86 droid in the same activation.

agreed. by al means he shouldve killed my 40 HP guy in one activation...rolled a 2. it was pretty brutal
Wysten
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:34:36 PM

Ahh well, look on the bright side, at least you will have a fresh stock of renforcements on the way from one of the finer sets, as with any game of dice, we are all bound to be eventrally cursed with bad dice that no amount of planning can plan for. Kind of like stormtroopers really, seems like in the movies they were rolling exceptionally low dice. XD
skeeve3000
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:42:05 PM

Wysten wrote:
Ahh well, look on the bright side, at least you will have a fresh stock of renforcements on the way from one of the finer sets, as with any game of dice, we are all bound to be eventrally cursed with bad dice that no amount of planning can plan for. Kind of like stormtroopers really, seems like in the movies they were rolling exceptionally low dice. XD

I can only hope. My pulls so far have not been very good to me! I am hoping with this loss I may finally get a R/VR that will help out.
Darth Nicholas
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 4:08:53 AM

skeeve3000 wrote:
Wysten wrote:

I can only hope. My pulls so far have not been very good to me! I am hoping with this loss I may finally get a R/VR that will help out.

I guess thats what you's all hope for, i watched a few of your league games and notiiced its alot of uc's and c's that consist in the squds which i think is awesome.. its cool seeing what people create for the week
Wysten
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:45:30 AM

skeeve3000 wrote:
Wysten wrote:

Nor have mine, if it was not for the fact my starting pulls were so flexably, I would be running into trouble right now. Though could have easily been much worse, a Rebel Storm Han Solo is a good enough shooter and meatsheild.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:59:27 PM

Looks like Sashlon and I missed our chance to play last night/yesterday afternoon. Either we converted the Time difference (australia to CST) wrong or he forgot. Unless I can get him today, unlikely as it's gotta be close to midnight now, we will have to take the double loss for now and hopefully get it in next week.
Wysten
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 6:27:07 AM

Aye, I am having the same issue, we both misunderstood eachother and waited at different time scales though we discussed it. Though hopefully we can rearrange it for today or Saturday, though it seems like Saturday at the moment, if it goes past 11pm my time, I simply can't afford to do it since it would hinder my ability to think clearly and leave me tired for the next day.
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 6:43:13 AM

Wysten wrote:
Aye, I am having the same issue, we both misunderstood eachother and waited at different time scales though we discussed it. Though hopefully we can rearrange it for today or Saturday, though it seems like Saturday at the moment, if it goes past 11pm my time, I simply can't afford to do it since it would hinder my ability to think clearly and leave me tired for the next day.

well, what i do is i leave my browser (VASSAL) on and if my opp. happens to log on then we're good to go...we're bound to meet up at letas once in the week :)
R5Don4
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 1:00:33 PM

Cross Division Action

R5Don4 at imurhukaberry

R5 wins 64 to 28 went to time

great game thanks man it was a blast.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 1:04:40 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

R5Don4 wrote:
Cross Division Action

R5Don4 at imurhukerberry

R5 wins 64 to 28 went to time

great game thanks man it was a blast.

HAHA...great game for him! Last count was my team blasting 5 of themselves away trying to get past the Shieldbearer. So funny.

I have to be honest and say that I didn't expect to win with this squad anyway. As my pulls have been horrible, I wanted to try for a newer booster. I was surprised at how well this squad could have done (if not for facing a Shieldbearer). In the end I just couldn't make the right saves or hits. Thanks Vader for slacking off at the end!!! Mad

Thanks Don for the funny game. BlooMilk
Wysten
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 4:20:04 AM

creme_brule wrote:
Wysten wrote:

well, what i do is i leave my browser (VASSAL) on and if my opp. happens to log on then we're good to go...we're bound to meet up at letas once in the week :)

After so long it disconnnects and does not tell me I disconnected until I submited a message, so I tend to try and arrange before time so I am not wasting time I could be using for assignements.

Thus far waiting for him to reply to the BM. It seems unlikely I will be able to have my match this week.
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 1:29:26 PM

wow, not even 1/2 of the guys have gotten their week 5 game in!!! :(
Wysten
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 9:02:21 PM

Quote:

since ive not been able to play, i will forfeit this match to you. please send in the results

Are you talking central time as in Amercia? Because I am British, so if we are talking amercia,10pm is probably something like 4am over here. Which is understandably hard to do. Sorry about the miscommication.

I can be free today, just I will be out much of tomorrow, but I will definately be avalibe tomorrow. I will go on vassal today when I get in and all of tomorrow and we will just play whenever is convient. ^^ Just be weary that sometimes you may need to BM me as I may be there, just working on course work. BM is linked to my e-mails so just send me a e-mail and I will respond fairly quickly. ^^

are we talking your time or my time? i thought it was my time. im so sorry

The message in the middle is mine, and top and bottom messages are his responce.

Looks like we won't be finishing on deadline, and I don't really want to claim a win without a match, but I am just reporting in.
Sashlon
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 9:40:52 PM

The Celestial Warrior wrote:
Looks like Sashlon and I missed our chance to play last night/yesterday afternoon. Either we converted the Time difference (australia to CST) wrong or he forgot. Unless I can get him today, unlikely as it's gotta be close to midnight now, we will have to take the double loss for now and hopefully get it in next week.

Sorry TCW, I was on when we agreed, so we must have miscalculated the time.

I tried to BM you, but I doubt that it got to you, given how screwy the BM system has been lately. How about tuesday night your time, about 8-9pm? Any good for you? I'm sure thats about 11am-12pm on wednesday for me. Normally work out 13-15 hours time difference, depending on your timezone.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas. Sorry we missed each other.

BlooMilk
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 10:29:48 PM

Sashlon wrote:
The Celestial Warrior wrote:

Sorry TCW, I was on when we agreed, so we must have miscalculated the time.

I tried to BM you, but I doubt that it got to you, given how screwy the BM system has been lately. How about tuesday night your time, about 8-9pm? Any good for you? I'm sure thats about 11am-12pm on wednesday for me. Normally work out 13-15 hours time difference, depending on your timezone.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas. Sorry we missed each other.

BlooMilk

Actually, now that I can see your full location on your post, I think we did miscalculate. I googled Australia's current time when I was on, and it was 1pm for Sydney, which I believe is the wrong Time zone for you.
Sashlon
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 10:40:28 PM

I'm on vassal right now if you want to play
cicrush13
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 2:49:05 AM

has anyone heard from empirejeff?
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 1:49:35 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

I've decided to move on to Week 6 without issuing any Draws for Week 5. The reason is that it would just get too hectic swapping out Draw boosters for actual boosters, and there should be some incentive to getting your matches finished. So what I've decided is this: Anyone who didn't get their Week 5 match done won't be getting a booster for their Week 6 match UNTIL they get that Week 5 match done.

I know that, for some of you, this wasn't your fault, as your opponent simply didn't show. That's ok. I've decided that if anyone doesn't show up for two consecutive weeks, they'll be replaced in the League. I know a lot of people are busy with school, as am I, but we have to be able to move forward without any inactivity impinging on our League. Best of luck with Week 6, and try to get your Week 5 matches done too!
lilninja93
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 2:34:24 PM

sithlord54 vs lilninja93

73-181 lilninja wins

great game!