RegisterDonateLogin

It's what's for dinner...in space.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Master Thon, thoughts on a custom Options
Darth Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:00:04 AM
Groups: Member

Master Thon was one of the most pivotal jedi masters of all time, making a custom for him would be quite difficult but what about stats, there are so many possibilites for him, he was able to use a lightsaber, had claws and horns to attack with, was able to carry people on his back, and had the ability to use nearly any force power and some that he never shared with others, and could clearly be a commander or tutor.

I would like this thread to really take off and have as many people put their ideas on him as well. Here is a partial list so far of abilities and powers that Thon could clearly have...

Ambush, Charging Assault, Double Claw Attack, Force Attuned Armor, Galloping Attack, Light Tutor, Momentum, Rend, Rapport or Synergy

Force Powers...just about anything could be here, including Battle Meditation and some unique powers never seen before.

It is said that Master Thon was one of the greatest Jedi of all time on a short list with Grand Master Yoda, and Grand Master Luke Skywalker.

erictedders
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:03:36 AM

Wasn't he the one that trained Nomi Sunrider?
Darth Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:08:48 AM

Yes he was, and they say that she too was one of the greatest Jedi in history so that means he was even better than her. :)
brennan
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:43:53 AM

Maybe you should supply the wookiepedia link so people who cant remember stuff about him can help. Cool idea BTW
Darth Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:50:24 AM

erictedders
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:56:13 AM

Maybe he could have a focused light ability that "blinds" characters. It would cut movement values in half and non-melee characters would only be able to attack adjacent targets being as they cannot draw a "line of sight". Make it a save of 11 each turn and treat it like a force corruption for resolving effects. If the enemy characters make the save they resume full functionality. If not, they remain blinded by the light until a successful save restores sight. This ability would affect every character Thon can draw line of sight to.

What do you think?
Darth Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:40:30 AM

not bad, but you would have to reduce the wording quite a bit, the issue with Thon is he literally has access to so much, and to give him less is almost an insult to the character. Im guessing cost wise upper 60s
tx3252
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:50:03 AM

I think that the Reek mini might be a good base to create a Thon. And I love Thon. He is one of my favorite characters from the Tales of the Jedi Comics.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:01:54 AM

yea unless there is a good dinosaur mini somewhere LOL Thon will be a power house for sure
erictedders
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:13:51 AM

Actually, I was thinking the Boma looked closer to the mark.
erictedders
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:41:57 PM

I don't know if it will work, but I saw a D&D mini online called "Macetail Behemoth" that might work for Thon's body at the very least.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 4:40:16 AM

found the perfect mini for Master Thon, Bloodspawn lizard I think is the name of it. I have 15 of them on order, they look perfect.
Darth Chaos
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 7:20:27 AM

You mean the Bluespawn Stormlizard?
Darth Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:45:11 AM

Yep thats the one, take off the horn in the front, paint it and theres Thon
Lobotnik
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 9:02:13 AM

When it comes to abilities you could go for something that shows his aversion to killing. I know that kinda defeats the object of a skirmish type game, but he always rather left them alive. Maybe some sort of reverse avoid defeat? Then his teammates can finish them off lol.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 11:48:58 AM

Thanks for the inpit Lobotnik, but Thon did fight and defeat plenty of enemies when it was just him and Nomi Sunrider they had to defend themselves quite a bit. In fact Thon was even able to wield a lightsaber.
Lobotnik
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:36:03 PM

I know, but he never enjoyed it. Especially when Oss Willem attacked him he cursed him for being forced to kill. Would you make him rideable? Nomi could move a lot faster if she were able to mount him. You mentioned that you order 15 or so of the lizards, do you sell your customs?
wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 9:10:50 PM

Happy Birthday Lobotnik!!!
Darth Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:30:38 AM

That is true Thon didnt like it even if it was a must. I wasn't sure about making him rideable, it would be canon to do so, but making Nomi able to ride and then Sever Force would be broken, still not sure. I haven't thought about selling them yet, gotta still paint and mold the touches for Thon then get the card going.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 8:25:37 AM

Master Thon (Old Republic) Cost 64
HP 140
Def 23
Att 13
Dmg 20

Unique, Melee Attack
Speed 8
Double Claw Attack
Disruptive
Light Tutor
Ride-this character can transport 1 medium ally who ends their movement adjacent to it. Remove that ally from the battle grid; the move simultaneously with this character, have cover and considered adjacent to it. They can attacks counting distance from this character. A transported ally can return to the battle grid immediately before your first activation of the round. If this character is defeated, the transported ally is defeated, save 6

Force Powers (Force 2) Renewal 1 MOTF 2
Lightsaber Defense 1
Force Thrust 2 replaces attacks, range 6 30 dmg, save 11 for 20 Dmg
Battle Meditation 3 combine fire grants additional +4 Att, enemies cannot combine fire, non unique allies gain speed 8