Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Master Thon, thoughts on a custom Options
Darth Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 8:26:15 AM
Groups: Member

ARCTrooper-A79
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 8:44:16 AM

Excellent use of a D&D mini! ThumpUp My only suggestion would be to trim off the spines on his back, reattach the smaller ones about his shoulders, and use the 2 largest ones for those sideways tusk things Thon has.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 9:19:43 AM

hmm that sounds pretty good ArcTrooper A79, it has been hard to find decent pictures for him, sometimes hes gray sometimes green. I molded green stuff around his neck area, havent worked with it much before so still trying to be profecient at it. I think I have the colors decent mixed gray with green and he has his beard too. Any suggestions for stats located on page 1?
ARCTrooper-A79
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 10:34:28 AM

Here's a SA I made up for Foul Moudama's stats a while back:

Carry Ally (This character can transport 1 Small or Medium ally that ends its move adjacent to it. Remove that ally from the battle grid; it moves simultaneously with this character, has cover, and is considered adjacent to this character. It can make attacks, counting the distance from this character. A transported ally can return to the battle grid immediately before your first activation of the round. While transporting an allied character, this character loses any abilities which grant extra attacks. This character may use Lightsaber Block/Deflect in response to attacks against a transported ally.)

It might work with your Thon as well.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 10:37:59 AM

Sounds good, I worded it exactly like the troop cart but I think your works too but I might word to say This character may use force powers to block powers against the transported ally. This means Force Defense and Lightsaber Defense too.
ARCTrooper-A79
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 10:46:53 AM

Yeah, my thought was that the save against being defeated makes sense for moving vehicles, but not for someone carrying you. Being dropped from a mount might merit a save against 10 damage, but it's up to you.
lafemme1014
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:17:56 AM

He looks good but for being someone who knows all the jedi powers and even some others dont I think that he should have at least one more force power. at 64 points I dont think that he would be broken if you added one more
Darth Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:55:09 AM

Disruptive is in place to negate the Force Light ability since it seems worthless, seems like Disruptive would work better to confuse enemy comrmander's orders. What are we thinking for a power Heal? Precision? Shatterpoint? Riposte?
lafemme1014
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:00:48 AM

I was thinking of something that nobody has already to show his knowledge of the force and after reading his bio again may he could have something to represent his force wall he used, something that works like force bubble but for adjacent characters as well or something along that line
Darth Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:34:21 AM

His ride ability will allow him to use force powers for the person whom he is carrying as well. Are we thinking offense or defense for this force power. So far he has 1 offense power, 1 defense power, and 1 CE force power. Maybe something powerful at 5 force points??? Thoughts. New picturs of a modified Thon will be posted soon.
Darth Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:07:51 AM

OK thanks to A79 here is the new version of Thon, let me know what you think.

kimble29
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 5:55:14 AM

How about an expensive power that makes him and rider immune to all damage for one round?
Darth Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 7:14:40 AM

Well we dont need that because he cant technically use a force power already to do that.

A new version is almost done, card is nearly done as well. He has double, rend 20, speed 8, ride, force 2 renewal 2, force absorb, LS deflect. CE allies can spend his force points.
Deus Sol
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 2:19:58 AM

you should make it like mr. caboath where he's either a beast or a guy on all fours (he could do that, right?) and then he could have a bunch more powers. depending on whether you make a save or whatever...
Darth Grievous
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 2:41:31 AM

But hes not a guy at all, he is a certain species. Also Thon was able to use any power all the time. But if we add a ton more powers that will drive his cost up through the roof. He already cost enough as is. Anymore and no one would play him and he would just become another Fanboy broken piece.