RegisterDonateLogin

Finding this site was the will of the Force, I have no doubt about that.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Variable Cost Booster League (Rules and Map List) Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 6:52:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

spryguy1981 wrote:
I choose not to veto any more maps and such. Are the Restricted maps going to be legal for this league?

No. Starkiller wants to see other maps used. (I'm in the favor of the change, myself.)
TheStarkiller
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 9:26:26 PM
Groups: Member

Booster Pulls are away! Good luck everyone. Also, FlyingArrow, if you could just put my pulls right here in the thread, I won't have any more information than my opponents (since I can see what they have).
Wysten
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 9:30:30 PM

*Opens packs*

O_O:

*Rips shirt off* NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*Montors Shatter*OOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......... *Dies*

Ahhh well, could be worse I guess. :P I am ready when you are.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 10:13:17 PM

Well guys have fun trying to hit me haahahahaha
Why does every week have to be 150? I feel with it being 150 its just goign to get boring really fast. Who ever gets tempo control early is going to kill.
Why not do this after week 1 games can be either 150 or 200 its up to the who your playing. With it being a buying league packs can come by a lot easier.
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2010 1:30:11 AM

When/How do we purchase new boosters? I might need reinforcements looking at my Rares, lol.
TheStarkiller
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2010 2:19:42 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
When/How do we purchase new boosters? I might need reinforcements looking at my Rares, lol.

Purchasing new boosters happens next friday (sometime after your first match). As soon as you know what your booster points are (after your match is done) you can post exactly what you want.
empirejeff
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2010 4:55:11 AM

Demosthenes wrote:

The cost for boosters are up. So far I am the only one who has points to spend.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2010 11:13:49 AM

Starkiller asked me to open and post his boosters here.

Jedi Academy:
JA 14 Republic Grand Master Yoda R
JA 1 Old Republic Jedi Battlemaster UC
JA 26 New Republic Exceptional Jedi Apprentice UC
JA 19 Separatists Rocket Battle Droid C
JA 18 RepublicOld Republic Youngling C
JA 23 Imperial Stormtrooper C
JA 35 Fringe Peace Brigade Thug C

Legacy of the Force:
LotF 5 Sith Darth Krayt VR
LotF 56 Mandalorians Mandalorian Trooper UC
LotF 42 Fringe Dug Fringer UC
LotF 43 Fringe Duros Scoundrel C
LotF 32 New Republic Galactic Alliance Trooper C
LotF 46 Fringe Human Bodyguard C
LotF 17 Rebel Twi'lek Scout C

creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:26:05 AM

eh, i think it would've been better to BM him on that one FA ;)

what happens if we hit reserves? do we have to take figs from our collection? if so, can we use figures that we're already using? what if we dont have any figures to fulfill the reserves?
TheStarkiller
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:16:42 AM

creme_brule wrote:
eh, i think it would've been better to BM him on that one FA ;)

what happens if we hit reserves? do we have to take figs from our collection? if so, can we use figures that we're already using? what if we dont have any figures to fulfill the reserves?

You do have to use figures from your collection. Just like regular DCI, if you don't have figures to fill the reserves, they are wasted. If there are defeated figures from your team that fulfill the reserves requirement, you may use them.
curler88j
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:24:50 PM

do i have to buy 2 boosters each week? can i buy 1? 3?4? is their a limit or requirement?
Jonnyb815
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:56:50 AM

I think We should look at playing 200 games in the finals or week 5/6. I dont think its fair that games that go to time get the same booster points.So I killed your beat and run a way for 80 mins and I got the win. There should be some reason to not go to time.
TheStarkiller
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:04:42 AM

curler88j wrote:
do i have to buy 2 boosters each week? can i buy 1? 3?4? is their a limit or requirement?

I am sorry for not seeing this sooner. You can buy as many or as few as you want. If someone hasn't spent his booster points by saturday morning, they will receive no boosters that week.

Jonnyb815 wrote:
I think We should look at playing 200 games in the finals or week 5/6. I dont think its fair that games that go to time get the same booster points.So I killed your beat and run a way for 80 mins and I got the win. There should be some reason to not go to time.

Just wondering if there were any large amount of feeling one way or another on this?

Some things that I might look to discuss changing in the near future if people start speaking up about them vehemently.

1) No time limit: The time limit is really only in the DCI standards because people have to start playing another opponent immediately after. Getting rid of any time limit whatsoever might actually prevent slow playing given the fact that you get 2 booster points more for losing the game than you get for not playing.

2) Increase in Squad Build Points: Some people don't like 150. I understand. (Possible changes would be 175 pts or 200 pts)
curler88j
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:08:29 PM

im in favor of no time limit because i prefer just to kill them all. or get all my pieces killed like i did against R5don4 but no matter the outcome its more fun to play with out worrying about how to abuse the game clock in your favor. with no time limit no one can kill a big piece then go hid in a corner till time, because if you do ill just sit in gambit till i get to 150pts. But maybe thats just me, i dont care either way is fine.
TheStarkiller
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 7:24:57 PM

all boosters have been sent, as well as opponents posted!

enjoy your games this week folks. :) Flyingarrow and Demosthenes played their game on Friday with no problems because of a typo in the rules. Just make sure that you play your games by Thursday night every week.

FlyingArrow, could you pull my boosters from the booster purchasing thread and post them here for me again? Thanks.

Jonnyb815
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 7:51:59 PM

I still dont get how you got DTx2. I had it like that like a day then I changed it to nothing. But weeks talked me into getting a few boosters.I should have zero boosters not two DTx2. Its not like I didnt get good pulls I did. Its just not what I asked for. If this doesnt get fixed Ill just play with my week one pulls and forget this week even happened. I would that than play with packs that I didnt even want.
R5Don4
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 9:47:38 PM

you should have made a new post quoting yourself everytime you changed it to make it painfully obvious that you couldn't decide and had changed your mind. At this point you should just play with what you were given. BFD.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:14:00 AM

TheStarkiller wrote:

enjoy your games this week folks. :) Flyingarrow and Demosthenes played their game on Friday with no problems because of a typo in the rules. Just make sure that you play your games by Thursday night every week.

FlyingArrow, could you pull my boosters from the booster purchasing thread and post them here for me again? Thanks.

Starkiller, looks like R5Don4 already did your pulls for you. But since you asked to post them in this thread, I'll just repost them here, too. Here are your pulls for week 2 (quoted from R5Don4):

MotF 12 Republic Voolvif Monn VR
MotF 30 Fringe K'lor'slug UC
MotF 27 Fringe Ghhhk UC
MotF 32 Fringe Kintan Strider C
MotF 13 Separatists Battle Droid Officer C
MotF 40 Mandalorians Taung Warrior C
MotF 25 Fringe Ewok Warrior C

CW 1 Sith Darth Sidious Hologram VR
CW 28 Separatists IG-100 MagnaGuard UC
CW 12 Republic Galactic Marine UC
CW 40 Fringe Utapaun Warrior C
CW 33 Separatists Techno Union Warrior C
CW 19 Republic Wookiee Scoundrel
CW 21 Separatists Battle Droid
TheStarkiller
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 4:00:01 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
TheStarkiller wrote:

Starkiller, looks like R5Don4 already did your pulls for you. But since you asked to post them in this thread, I'll just repost them here, too. Here are your pulls for week 2 (quoted from R5Don4):

MotF 12 Republic Voolvif Monn VR
MotF 30 Fringe K'lor'slug UC
MotF 27 Fringe Ghhhk UC
MotF 32 Fringe Kintan Strider C
MotF 13 Separatists Battle Droid Officer C
MotF 40 Mandalorians Taung Warrior C
MotF 25 Fringe Ewok Warrior C

CW 1 Sith Darth Sidious Hologram VR
CW 28 Separatists IG-100 MagnaGuard UC
CW 12 Republic Galactic Marine UC
CW 40 Fringe Utapaun Warrior C
CW 33 Separatists Techno Union Warrior C
CW 19 Republic Wookiee Scoundrel
CW 21 Separatists Battle Droid

Thank you guys :)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 2:50:52 PM

TheStarkiller wrote:

Jonnyb815 wrote:

Just wondering if there were any large amount of feeling one way or another on this?

Some things that I might look to discuss changing in the near future if people start speaking up about them vehemently.

1) No time limit: The time limit is really only in the DCI standards because people have to start playing another opponent immediately after. Getting rid of any time limit whatsoever might actually prevent slow playing given the fact that you get 2 booster points more for losing the game than you get for not playing.

2) Increase in Squad Build Points: Some people don't like 150. I understand. (Possible changes would be 175 pts or 200 pts)

I think there needs to be a time limit, but if players want to agree to a longer time limit (or no time limit) they should be able to. I think that's what the rules say anyway. I don't really care either way if the points are different for a game that goes to time.

I'd be in favor of increasing the point to 200 on the 3rd or 4th week and later.