RegisterDonateLogin

Senses we've picked up another pathetic life form.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Variable Cost Booster League (Rules and Map List) Options
Wysten
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 10:28:01 PM
Groups: Member

Aye, I think there should be a time limit, as often the matches tend to be settled within that time that theres a fairly obvious winner. Better to have the rule there and have both guys say "hey, we agree this is a great game, lets carry on" rather then losing due to having other commitments. In both cases, a time limit is ideal as the first 80 minutes of a match will tell us who is superiour of the two teams, or at least provide a timeline for those that don't want to spend multiple nights fighting a pretty tough campain.

I would like a increase in points later on, 4th week onwards, so we get 3 150 games and 3 200 point games. That sounds fairly balienced and by then, even the unluckyest players will have some extras they will want to field, but can't afford to. (Like me. XD)
cicrush13
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 11:10:26 PM

Keep the time limit...makes you go faster

I'm in favor of increasing point to 200...I like Wysten's idea 3 games of 150, 3 of 200.
creme_brule
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 10:44:31 AM

all this over a couple of boosters...and it's only a virtual league...Blink
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:21:11 AM

Ok, this has gone beyond ridiculous, and Jonny while I like you, I honestly have no desire to play this game now. You've been blowing fumes for several days now, and posted that you quit. No sooner than I post what pulls I want that you are all of the sudden back in the league.

I do not appreciate this and honestly with the way you have been acting I would rather just get an autoloss than go through with this game. I will leave it up to Starkiller however concerning whether or not I win or lose since you quit and then unquit. The taste of playing for this week though has been soured in my mouth.

Spry
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:34:58 AM

Well to be entirely honest you shouldn't have posted you were quitting then if you had no intention of quitting. I will leave it at that though and end my posts here because I won't add anymore issues to what is already the center issue of this league. If Starkiller decides that I get an auto-loss for this week then so be it, because Winning isn't everything.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:52:36 AM

This isnt funny anymore I want my boosters. I asked for them NOT DTX2. THIS IS A JOKE AND ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE.

OK so how about this I send Starkiller a DT and MOTF from Miniature Market He can keep them. All I want to know are my pulls.I want pictures and I am even going to make a web comic about them. At least I will get what I asked for. I dont care about the league all I care about is what I asked for.

Jonnyb815
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:29:08 AM

This is not ever I will not be happy till I get what I asked for. STARkiller stole from me and this is not over.
TheStarkiller
Posted: Wednesday, August 4, 2010 6:27:46 AM

I have gotten a lot of questions as to joining the booster league. Here is your chance. Until August 12th, you are welcome to join the league. You can pick up 3 boosters (one for each of the weeks we have been playing) and you will be placed with other new players for the first week. There will be no points scored for you for the first 2 weeks, but I wasn't really worried about this league being competative anyway. Same rules apply for week 3 as the first two weeks.

On week 4, we will change to 200 pt armies.

When you join, one of your boosters will count towards increasing the booster price for week 4. You need to list that particular booster in bold. I will try to send out a bloo mail to all of the people who asked about people joining the league and make sure they pass the word.

An example of what you need to do to sign up before Thursday, August 12th.

Quote:
TheStarkiller wants to join the VCBL
3 Boosters:
KotOR
JA
JA

TheStarkiller
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 11:27:03 PM

Good luck on Week 3 games, folks!
curler88j
Posted: Saturday, August 7, 2010 12:54:33 AM

TheStarkiller wrote:
Good luck on Week 4 games, folks!

Dont you mean Week 3 Games? or did i miss a week?
TheStarkiller
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2010 2:01:26 AM

curler88j wrote:
TheStarkiller wrote:
Good luck on Week 4 games, folks!

Dont you mean Week 3 Games? or did i miss a week?

Thank you curler for keeping me honest :). (I was working with all of the booster costs and booster point totals for week 4 that day, so I was thinking in the future)
Jonnyb815
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:19:02 AM

Jeff is pulling a Jeff and is not getting back to me. So I dont know if this weeks game will happen.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:04:43 AM

This rule about if you dont play your game and still getting points is dumb. Matt didnt want to play me which is fine and I think the rule was ok for that. But for people that just dont play getting points thats not cool and needs to be changed. Jeff wont play any games unless you change this rule. Jeff loves to test the rules and go against the grain. We only had 2 games played. there were more games not played then played. That is not cool. Jeff hasnt even played a game and has points really.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:56:42 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I thought you didn't want to change rules mid-season.

It seems like a fair tradeoff that penalizes both people for not playing but doesn't completely mess up a person who wanted to play but the other person was unresponsive.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:14:57 AM

Its not fair at all

Jim's plays on a softball team and his team doesnt show up does his team get points for the game?

The rule doesnt make any sense and just hurts the player that does show up.
If I had to play Weeks early on why would I want to give him a win. It would be better for me to just take the lose. It doesnt give him a win and he gets less points. I dont know if anyone would do that but Jeff would not play you just to deny you points. Its just how jeff is.

He made a Fantasy football league last year at gamers and made two teams.Overall he cheated because of it. He would change up the line ups to help him out. If both of his teams were playing each other one team would put all of his second string out and then when he was playing someone good he would change it up.

But if you guys want jeff trying to cheat this league thats fine.

If we are going to have this rule in place can we at least have playoffs which everyone plays. I have some pretty good minis so I am not that mad about getting less points. Its more about the wins now.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 12:13:30 PM

Ok something has to be done about this rule about not showing up and still getting points. Don has had a no show back to back. I am going to odds are have a no show with Jeff. yes we had the problem with matt and me but thats over. We both agreed it was ok and just wanted to move on. I think there should at least be a rule if you dont show up back to back weeks your dropped from the league. I understand I didnt want changes. But this not showing up and hurting the person did show up is not right and needs to be fixed. What about if the person that doesnt show up gets 7 points and the one that shows up gets 11 and a win. A no show should be a win not a lose that doesnt make any sense. Someone that cant get a hold of works the same way. If both players are talking and just cant figure out a time then I think the rule that is in place now is fine.
christophercook
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 2:20:43 PM

I'll play
Boosters
Clone Wars
Knights of the Old Republic
Imperial Entanglements

cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:21:43 AM

Just so everyone knows, I did show up to play R5Don4 last night. At exactly 8:59 PM EST my phone, cable and internet died. I am saying this because I wanted to watch White Collar while playing and wasn't able to do anything. I have been having some internet problems and I have gotten them fixed. So I do want to appologize to Don for "not showing" but I was on vassal when my internet died and I would still like to get a chance to play against him. BlooMilk
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:44:18 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Jonnyb815 wrote:
I think there should at least be a rule if you dont show up back to back weeks your dropped from the league. I understand I didnt want changes.

Wish granted. It was already there.

Rules wrote:
If any player misses two matches, they will be dropped from the season, and their previous opponents will receive Byes (along with the difference in booster points)
Woolywoo
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:18:09 AM

Woolywoo - sign me up -

1. GaW
2. CW

Map veto - Commerce Plaza