RegisterDonateLogin

Is worth a lot to me.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

DOTF Booster League - sign up Options
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:10:51 AM
Groups: Member

ok for everyone who is on the sign up list, your boosters have been sent. I do not have a schedule yet. I would like to see more people sign up over the course of the week.

We will more than likely begin the league on Sunday April 10, 2011. You will be bloomilked your opponent. It is up to both of you to figure when you will play your game.

**Note: any case of a no show must be documented with email/bloomilk mail. In the case that a player fails to meet for a scheduled game, they will forfeit the match. Additional punishment up to and including ejection from the league may be included for multiple infractions.

I am very serious about keeping the league on a schedule. I know that Easter is coming up and there will be a 2 week round between April 24 and May 7. I hope to have everyone play each other atleast once, potentially twice before we have playoffs. Playoffs will be included as long as we have a close race for first place. If someone wins every match, there may not be playoffs.

I will develop a schedule by Saturday (just to give a little more time for people to sign up). You will get a weekly message sent to your bloomilk account. It is your responsiblity to check it on a regular basis.

I hope all of you are ready to play.

May the Force be with you.
Terrence Withers
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 3:16:33 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
For those playing, here is the DotF extension for Vassal:

http://swmgamers.com/page.php?33

Hey, I went there and clicked the link for the Dotf extension but it didn't work. Is that the only link to get it with?
Darthbane53
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 5:49:04 AM

Can some one explain exactly what the best way to build a squad is? If im not mistaken, this is a Victory Points typed game, which im very inexpirenced at playing. I doubt some of you want to give away your squad building stratigies but whats the best way to do it? Should I have more grunts and a few mid level strikers? Or a beat stick with a few helpers? Anything is appreciated!

Edit: Also do faction specific CE's/SA's work for all faction? Like Sharper? Could I use that on Darth Nihuls?
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 5:59:19 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:
Can some one explain exactly what the best way to build a squad is? If im not mistaken, this is a Victory Points typed game, which im very inexpirenced at playing. I doubt some of you want to give away your squad building stratigies but whats the best way to do it? Should I have more grunts and a few mid level strikers? Or a beat stick with a few helpers? Anything is appreciated!

Edit: Also do faction specific CE's/SA's work for all faction? Like Sharper? Could I use that on Darth Nihuls?

CE/SA work like the text says still. So Shaper would still have to be on a vong character. This format just allows you to use characters that would never be played together in competitive play and this dos let you get to learn some new figures while you're at it.

Best builds - you def want to have a beat stick in there somewhere, but they need some support. Sometimes it comes right down to the activations and at times it matters about how much damage output you can get.
Darthbane53
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:26:43 AM

Much appreciated, I belive (thanks to some lucky pulls) I have a fairly decent squad and MAY have a chance of doing well lol ^.^ looking forward to the first match! Just a note, if I pulled a Clone trooper in a CS booster that means I only have one clone trooper at my disposal correct? Not any and all clone troopers? But if I were to get one in a CS booster and one in a CW booster I can have 2? Thanks!
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:25:38 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:
Much appreciated, I belive (thanks to some lucky pulls) I have a fairly decent squad and MAY have a chance of doing well lol ^.^ looking forward to the first match! Just a note, if I pulled a Clone trooper in a CS booster that means I only have one clone trooper at my disposal correct? Not any and all clone troopers? But if I were to get one in a CS booster and one in a CW booster I can have 2? Thanks!

Correct, the qty that is sent in the bloomilk is the # you can use. So when you read it and you see a clone trooper from CS and another from CW, you can use 2 (the pose doesn't really matter).
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 10:01:51 AM

Count me in. Ill do my very bes to stick to the schedule; though literally only time will tell. Ill take COTF; IE; and of course the standard DOTF
Terrence Withers
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 1:00:16 PM

Hey, so how do you download the DOTF extension?
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 1:05:40 PM

Directions pulled from SWMGamers.com:

Instructions
1. Download the "DotF 1.0 Vassal extension.zip" file the "Gamers Downloads" section of SWMGamers.com, as Dean described. This will give you a file called “DotF.zip.”
2. Navigate to your Vassal folder ("C:/Program Files/VASSAL" for most users), where your "SWMinis.mod" file is located. Make sure that your "SWMinis.mod" file is named exactly that. (Some users may see it as "SWMinis" without the ".mod" ending, and that's fine.)
3. In that very folder (where you see your “SWMinis.mod” file), create a new folder, and name it "SWMinis_ext." Now, at one glance in your VASSAL folder, you should be able to see your "SWMinis_ext" folder (unnopened), as well as your "SWMinis.mod" file. The folder must be named EXACTLY the same as the .mod file (plus the _ext addition), or it won't work.
5. Now open your SWMinis_ext folder, and paste the “DotF.zip” file into it.
6. Right-click on the DotF.zip file, and choose “Extract here” (using a free archiving utility such as WinRAR Archiver). The files will unload themselves into your folder.
6. Now you're good to go! Close the window and start Vassal as normal, and you will be able to use the DotF minis. Enjoy!
Terrence Withers
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 3:29:45 PM

Clicking on Dean's link leads me to a weird page here:

http://swmgamers.com/e107_files/downloads/SWMinis2.mod

Not a download at all. The other stuff I can handle, but I do appreciate the instructions.
Terrence Withers
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 3:30:18 PM

I'll add, I'm an idiot about downloads, please help.
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:41:15 AM

Terrence Withers wrote:

Not a download at all. The other stuff I can handle, but I do appreciate the instructions.

I'll try it when I get home and hopefully have some info for you.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 4:06:26 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Terrence Withers wrote:

I just tried the link and it worked fine. Do you get a page of jibberish text or something?
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:10:09 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
Directions pulled from SWMGamers.com:

Instructions
1. Download the "DotF 1.0 Vassal extension.zip" file the "Gamers Downloads" section of SWMGamers.com, as Dean described. This will give you a file called “DotF.zip.”
2. Navigate to your Vassal folder ("C:/Program Files/VASSAL" for most users), where your "SWMinis.mod" file is located. Make sure that your "SWMinis.mod" file is named exactly that. (Some users may see it as "SWMinis" without the ".mod" ending, and that's fine.)
3. In that very folder (where you see your “SWMinis.mod” file), create a new folder, and name it "SWMinis_ext." Now, at one glance in your VASSAL folder, you should be able to see your "SWMinis_ext" folder (unnopened), as well as your "SWMinis.mod" file. The folder must be named EXACTLY the same as the .mod file (plus the _ext addition), or it won't work.
5. Now open your SWMinis_ext folder, and paste the “DotF.zip” file into it.
6. Right-click on the DotF.zip file, and choose “Extract here” (using a free archiving utility such as WinRAR Archiver). The files will unload themselves into your folder.
6. Now you're good to go! Close the window and start Vassal as normal, and you will be able to use the DotF minis. Enjoy!

So far I'm getting DOTF.mdx and can't seem to open it...never had this problem before.
Demosthenes
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:12:34 AM

You don't open it, you just put the .mdx file in your SWMinis_ext folder.
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:15:35 AM

Demosthenes wrote:

That's the thing. I download it but can't save it anywhere or copy it or unzip it.
Terrence Withers
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 9:17:48 AM

I'm not even getting the download. I'm getting the page of Gibberish.
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:43:07 AM

cicrush13 wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

That's the thing. I download it but can't save it anywhere or copy it or unzip it.

Hmmm...what browser are you using to navigate the web and download? I downloaded that file (successfully) using Firefox, try using that. When you click the download link, a box SHOULD pop up asking whether you want to open or save the file; obviously click save. Make sure you know where you saved the file. Whenever I download a VASSAL mod it saves in some weird obscure folder I can never find on my COM. What I do is after the file is done downloading I right-click the file, click "Open Folder containing File", then I copy that file and move it to a common, easily accessable (i.e.: "Downloads") folder. You don't unzip it either. And I assume you know how to add modules to the VASSAL main page ;)

Terrence Withers wrote:

That is strange. It should normally lead to the pop-up box with the Download on it. What Internet Browser are you using?
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 11:17:20 AM

creme_brule wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

Hmmm...what browser are you using to navigate the web and download? I downloaded that file (successfully) using Firefox, try using that. When you click the download link, a box SHOULD pop up asking whether you want to open or save the file; obviously click save. Make sure you know where you saved the file. Whenever I download a VASSAL mod it saves in some weird obscure folder I can never find on my COM. What I do is after the file is done downloading I right-click the file, click "Open Folder containing File", then I copy that file and move it to a common, easily accessable (i.e.: "Downloads") folder. You don't unzip it either. And I assume you know how to add modules to the VASSAL main page ;)

Tried it so far nothing...
Terrence Withers
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:51:52 AM

creme_brule wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:
[quote=Demosthenes]You don't open it, you just put the .mdx file in your SWMinis_ext folder.

Terrence Withers wrote:

That is strange. It should normally lead to the pop-up box with the Download on it. What Internet Browser are you using?

Safari. You think that is the issue?