RegisterDonateLogin

Routinely gets delusions of grandeur.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

DOTF Booster League - sign up Options
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 1:29:31 PM
Groups: Member

It could be. See if it's any different on Firefox or Internet Explorer, if you can. I personally use Chrome, and it worked fine for me.
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 1:51:14 PM

Terrence Withers wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:
[quote=Demosthenes]You don't open it, you just put the .mdx file in your SWMinis_ext folder.

Terrence Withers wrote:
I'm not even getting the download. I'm getting the page of Gibberish.

That is strange. It should normally lead to the pop-up box with the Download on it. What Internet Browser are you using?

Safari. You think that is the issue?

I'm not sure. Try Firefox and see how it goes.
Terrence Withers
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:31:11 PM

Okay, stick with me, I've downloaded the correct file using firefox. I've placed it in a folder, properly named as "SWMinis_ext", which is stored in the same folder as my SWMinis.vmod file. When I right click on the DotF.mdx I can't extract. I am using a Mac.

Please help me, Bloo Milk Community, you are my only hope.
Terrence Withers
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:34:51 PM

Okay, stick with me, I've downloaded the correct file using firefox. I've placed it in a folder, properly named as "SWMinis_ext", which is stored in the same folder as my SWMinis.vmod file. When I right click on the DotF.mdx I can't extract. I am using a Mac.

Please help me, Bloo Milk Community, you are my only hope.
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:09:02 PM

creme_brule wrote:
Terrence Withers wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:
[quote=Demosthenes]You don't open it, you just put the .mdx file in your SWMinis_ext folder.

Terrence Withers wrote:
I'm not even getting the download. I'm getting the page of Gibberish.

That is strange. It should normally lead to the pop-up box with the Download on it. What Internet Browser are you using?

Safari. You think that is the issue?

I'm not sure. Try Firefox and see how it goes.

I have been using firefox and when i click save it does not allow me to select where I want to save it. I copied it into the folder, but nothing worked last night.

On another note, I just realized that Vassal keeps kicking me off right around the end of the game for some dumb reason. Anyone have a clue on that?
Terrence Withers
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 4:44:20 AM

Quick update, when I load Vassal now i see this update:

"- Extension DotF v1.0 loaded "

But when I look for DotF characters they are not there.
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 10:50:44 AM

Terrence Withers wrote:

Hmmmm... Im not sure on this one. If theres a game using DOTF going on; join it and see if you can see the DOTF characters. IIf the extension isnt working; then youll only see an empty box with some numbers on the bottom. If it is; you should see the pictured character in the box.
cicrush13
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 10:55:14 AM

still could use 1 more player...hoping to start this next week.
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 11:07:11 AM

cicrush13 wrote:
still could use 1 more player...

....For my sake! :D I have a bye this week unless someone steps up to the plate.
Terrence Withers
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2011 2:19:58 PM

Hey DotF is working for me!

How does Creme know he would have a bye the first week? Is a schedule up yet?
cicrush13
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 6:13:20 AM

Guys, I left the schedule at work. I would also like to get my vassal issues resolved and to get an even # of players. We will start next Sunday April 17.

Sorry for the delay.
cicrush13
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 6:17:08 AM

Terrence Withers wrote:

I'm only getting " SWM Skirmish Game version 10.0"

Creme - I did what you said and still see nothing. Please help!
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 6:39:18 AM

cicrush13 wrote:

Hmmmm...lets get things straight. You went to:

swmgamers.com/page.php?33

and downloaded the DOTF extension file using Firefox; correct? ....this is where I get a bit confused. Does the actual download not even work (i.e.: it wont even download to your COM)? I remmber hearing that it wouldnt save for you. What does this mean exactly? Does this mean that the file downloaded to your COM but didnt save (which doesnt really make sense if you think about it); or did it save itself into an obscure folder you cant find? Also; what kind of COM do you have (i.e.: Mac; Windows; etc.)? Hopefully; clarification will be key here! :)
cicrush13
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:09:02 AM

creme_brule wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:

and downloaded the DOTF extension file using Firefox; correct? ....this is where I get a bit confused. Does the actual download not even work (i.e.: it wont even download to your COM)? I remmber hearing that it wouldnt save for you. What does this mean exactly? Does this mean that the file downloaded to your COM but didnt save (which doesnt really make sense if you think about it); or did it save itself into an obscure folder you cant find? Also; what kind of COM do you have (i.e.: Mac; Windows; etc.)? Hopefully; clarification will be key here! :)

I am using Mozilla Firefox. I did download it and I get the download box and it does say complete. Whenever I download it I do get a chance to click save and it seems like it's going to a temp folder and I found it and copied the file to my vassal folder and no luck so far.

I have a Dell computer Windows XP.
Darthbane53
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:45:41 AM

Once I had the DOTF folder on my desk top just go to the first page when you open vasal that says the version. Then right click and add extension and find where you saved the DOTF folder and click on it.
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:59:19 AM

cicrush13 wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:

I am using Mozilla Firefox. I did download it and I get the download box and it does say complete. Whenever I download it I do get a chance to click save and it seems like it's going to a temp folder and I found it and copied the file to my vassal folder and no luck so far.

I have a Dell computer Windows XP.

ah; i think i spotted the problem. When you save the mod file into the VASSAL folder; did you do that under your actual folders? B/c in order for the VASSAL DOTF mod to work you have to add it into the actual program. So; open VASSAL then right click the SWMiniatures program or whatever in the whole VASSAL box and click Add Extension. Click the Mod you saved in your folder. Let me know if that works.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:55:01 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm too busy right now to join. (Didn't even have time to notice the announcement until right now.)

In May my schedule would probably loosen up enough to join a league, so put me down as an alternate. That should help keep people motivated to get their scheduled games in - I'll be ready to step in and take over someone's slot if they slip up too much. :-)

cicrush, I think you should be more clear on how the random boosters will be assigned.
Segastorm
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:07:31 PM

and uhh...when will the league start?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:27:20 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Segastorm wrote:
and uhh...when will the league start?

First post on page 2 said the schedule is set to start on April 17.
cicrush13
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:20:50 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
cicrush, I think you should be more clear on how the random boosters will be assigned.

I am still trying to figure out the probablity of some of what I'd like to do, but basically roll a dice. I would take a d20 and roll it. If a player won their match, there would be a corresponding number (1-20) to a booster pack. What I need to figure out is which # goes to which pack for a winner and which goes to which for a loser in order to give the loser a better chance of getting a "newer" booster pack. There is a chance that a winner could get one, but def less of a chance that a loser. And a loser could get an older pack since they still have a slight chance for that.

***Note: A player will not receive a booster with a duplicate R/VR figure at all. Different variations of figures will be sent (Vader, JH and Vader LOTF could be in the same collection).