RegisterDonateLogin

You truly belong here with us among the clouds.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Call of Duty: Black Ops Classes Options
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:35:28 AM
Groups: Member

I was wondering what classes work and which ones don't work for Black Ops and I tried a bunch of diffrent ones but I haven't found alot of good ones.

If you have one list it in the format below.

Primary:
Secondary:

Lethal:
Tatical:
Equipment:

Perk 1:
Perk 2:
Perk 3:

Thanks for your help- JRL
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:41:49 AM

Famas with Warlord Pro, Ninja Pro and Hardline. Get extended mag and red dot sight with semtex flashbang and claymore.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:58:49 AM

I don't really have any one particular class that I always use, but I do have two or three main ones. What weapon you use is also dependent on your skill level. For example, the Kiparis Rapid Fire will drop anyone in less than a second, provided you can actually hit something.

AR Class1:
Primary: FN FAL ACOG, or G11
Secondary: Python Dual Wield
Lethal: Semtex
Tactical: Concussion
Equipment: Claymore
Perk1: Hardline Pro
Perk2: Steady Aim Pro
Perk3: Hacker Pro

SMG Class:
Primary: Kiparis Rapid Fire
Secondary: RPG
Tactical: Nova Gas
Equipment: C4
Perk1: Scavenger (would have Pro but I can't get the darn resupplied grenade kills)
Perk2: Sleight of Hand Pro
Perk3: Marathon Pro

AR Class2:
Primary: AK-47 Masterkey
Tactical: Flashbang
Perk2: Sleight of Hand Pro, but Steady Aim Pro works too

These three classes are the ones I use the most, but I have been using my sniper class more lately (let me know if you want this one and the other three classes). Oh, and my killstreaks are set to Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane, and Napalm Strike (I can't seem to ever get streaks more than 6 or 7 tops, average streak is probably 4 or 5).

cicrush13 wrote:
Famas with Warlord Pro, Ninja Pro and Hardline. Get extended mag and red dot sight with semtex flashbang and claymore.

Ninja Pro? IMO, Ninja is pretty much worthless. You'd be better off with Hacker or Second Chance. I hate the FAMAS because it's overpowered. ThumbDown
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:43:20 AM

cicrush13 wrote:

Thanks for your help but this one didn't work for meThumbDown
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:45:57 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
I don't really have any one particular class that I always use, but I do have two or three main ones. What weapon you use is also dependent on your skill level. For example, the Kiparis Rapid Fire will drop anyone in less than a second, provided you can actually hit something.

AR Class1:
Primary: FN FAL ACOG, or G11
Secondary: Python Dual Wield
Tactical: Concussion
Perk2: Steady Aim Pro

SMG Class:
Primary: Kiparis Rapid Fire
Tactical: Nova Gas
Equipment: C4
Perk1: Scavenger (would have Pro but I can't get the darn resupplied grenade kills)
Perk2: Sleight of Hand Pro
Perk3: Marathon Pro

AR Class2:
Primary: AK-47 Masterkey
Tactical: Flashbang
Perk2: Sleight of Hand Pro, but Steady Aim Pro works too

These three classes are the ones I use the most, but I have been using my sniper class more lately (let me know if you want this one and the other three classes). Oh, and my killstreaks are set to Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane, and Napalm Strike (I can't seem to ever get streaks more than 6 or 7 tops, average streak is probably 4 or 5).

cicrush13 wrote:

Ninja Pro? IMO, Ninja is pretty much worthless. You'd be better off with Hacker or Second Chance. I hate the FAMAS because it's overpowered. ThumbDown

G11 Class-ThumbsUp
Kiparis Rapid fire ThumbDown
AK Masterkey Meh

Thanks for your help. The G11 class got me dogs 3 times
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:29:58 AM

JRL and KEV001 wrote:
G11 Class-ThumbsUp
AK Masterkey Meh

Glad I could help.

If you didn't like the Kiparis Rapid Fire but still want to use an SMG, use the same class as I had up except change to an AK-74u Rapid Fire. With the AK class, you can also try the Grenade Launcher instead of the Masterkey, or you can change to Ghost Pro and use AK or AUG suppressed.

If you ever decide to use a sniper class, resist the urge to put a suppressor on it. Suppressors nerf the effective range, and thereby the damage, of weapons, so unless you get a headshot or are relatively close, you usually can't get one-shot kills with suppressed sniper rifles. Rather, just use the Variable Zoom (or Extended Mag if you don't like the VZ) on the PSG-1 with Python Speed Reloader, Frag, Flashbang, Motion Sensor (Claymore for Hardcore modes), Hardline Pro (or Ghost Pro), Scout Pro, and Hacker Pro (Second Chance Pro or Ninja Pro if you're using Ghost Pro).
Demosthenes
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:38:36 AM

This is the only class I really ever use, and I pwn with it. =)

Primary: AK-47 (best gun in the game)
Attachment: Suppressor
Secondary: Strela (for those pesky Chopper Gunners)

Tatical: Flashbang
Equipment: Claymore (I love getting random kills with these)

Perk 1: Ghost Pro (a must)
Perk 2: Sleight of Hand Pro (also a must)
Perk 3: Hacker (I hate getting killed by Claymores!)

And so that you know what I'm talking about, I'm 6th Prestige, level 20. I've been through all the weapons a few times, lol. I'd be much higher but I stayed on 5th Prestige for a while.
theDaRkLoRdoftheSiTh
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:43:44 AM

ar-prm- aug dual mag
scdry-python SR
frag, concussion claymore

flatjacket pro
sleight of hand pro
tactical mask pro
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:06:55 PM

Demosthenes wrote:
This is the only class I really ever use, and I pwn with it. =)

Primary: AK-47 (best gun in the game)
Attachment: Suppressor
Secondary: Strela (for those pesky Chopper Gunners)

Tatical: Flashbang
Equipment: Claymore (I love getting random kills with these)

Perk 1: Ghost Pro (a must)
Perk 2: Sleight of Hand Pro (also a must)
Perk 3: Hacker (I hate getting killed by Claymores!)

Hmm... same AK class I used to use before I discovered that I like the Masterkey. Maybe I should switch back to it.

Yeah, Claymores annoy me too. Gotta love Hacker. I've gotten pretty good at "juking out" Claymores before going into a room or up stairs (provided I know where they are...) Tongue . I just love it when Hacker allows me to see two or three Claymores leading up a set of stairs that people are camping at the top of; I shoot the bottom-most Claymore and then watching them all blow up in a chain reaction and kill the campers. LOL
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:32:21 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
JRL and KEV001 wrote:
G11 Class-ThumbsUp
AK Masterkey Meh

Glad I could help.

If you didn't like the Kiparis Rapid Fire but still want to use an SMG, use the same class as I had up except change to an AK-74u Rapid Fire. With the AK class, you can also try the Grenade Launcher instead of the Masterkey, or you can change to Ghost Pro and use AK or AUG suppressed.

If you ever decide to use a sniper class, resist the urge to put a suppressor on it. Suppressors nerf the effective range, and thereby the damage, of weapons, so unless you get a headshot or are relatively close, you usually can't get one-shot kills with suppressed sniper rifles. Rather, just use the Variable Zoom (or Extended Mag if you don't like the VZ) on the PSG-1 with Python Speed Reloader, Frag, Flashbang, Motion Sensor (Claymore for Hardcore modes), Hardline Pro (or Ghost Pro), Scout Pro, and Hacker Pro (Second Chance Pro or Ninja Pro if you're using Ghost Pro).
I used the AK Grenade Launcher before and I did pretty well with it. For the AK-74u I created a Pack a Punch like version for it (Sometimes Works)

Primary- AK74u with Red dot and Extended
Secondary- m1911 w/ extended
Stemtex, Smoke, and Claymore

Scavanger Pro
Warlord Pro
Tatical Mask

For sniping I found this one class and it did me some justice

Primary- L96A1 Variable zoom
Secondary- Cz75 Akimbo
Stemtex, Flash, and Claymore

Hardline
SoH/ Steady Aim (Which ever one you want)
Marathon Pro
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:18:57 AM

JRL and KEV001 wrote:

Scavanger Pro
Warlord Pro
Tatical Mask

Eh, you're better off using Rapid Fire on the AK74u and using SoH instead of Warlord (I admit though that it does take time to get used to using iron sights after having used red dot for a while), and probably better off with the CZ75 Extended instead of the M1911. Smoke is OK, but I wouldn't use Tactical Mask; Hacker or Marathon would be better.

JRL and KEV001 wrote:

Secondary- Cz75 Akimbo

Hardline
Marathon Pro

Personally, I prefer the PSG-1, but the L96 is good too. Here, you're better off using Dual Wield Pythons instead of CZ75s. The Pythons do much more damage. Steady Aim is probably the better perk for this one, and I find Marathon an interesting 3rd perk for a sniper class (usually, snipers don't move around that much), but just about any perk other than Tactical Mask works for sniping.

Classes are all pretty much about personal preference and finding out what works best for you, but some of it is common sense, too (e.g. you shouldn't use scout on your LMG class).
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:55:10 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
JRL and KEV001 wrote:

Scavanger Pro
Warlord Pro
Tatical Mask

Eh, you're better off using Rapid Fire on the AK74u and using SoH instead of Warlord (I admit though that it does take time to get used to using iron sights after having used red dot for a while), and probably better off with the CZ75 Extended instead of the M1911. Smoke is OK, but I wouldn't use Tactical Mask; Hacker or Marathon would be better.

JRL and KEV001 wrote:

Secondary- Cz75 Akimbo

Hardline
Marathon Pro

Personally, I prefer the PSG-1, but the L96 is good too. Here, you're better off using Dual Wield Pythons instead of CZ75s. The Pythons do much more damage. Steady Aim is probably the better perk for this one, and I find Marathon an interesting 3rd perk for a sniper class (usually, snipers don't move around that much), but just about any perk other than Tactical Mask works for sniping.

Classes are all pretty much about personal preference and finding out what works best for you, but some of it is common sense, too (e.g. you shouldn't use scout on your LMG class).

-The AK-74u class was just a Pack-a-Punch Replica that sometimes works

-For my sniper class the CZ75 hold more ammo for those run around "Find a new weapon" fire fights plus SoH is really fast on the Akimbo but sometimes I switch to Steady Aim

-The L96 only holds 20 rounds total with variable zoom so you would be changing sniper rifles or Supressed weapons alot. That's my reasoning for the Marathon

-Tatical Mask because I'm tired of runnin' into Nova 6

That's just some reasoning behind my classes from above but you know how hard it is to decide on certain things
Segastorm
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:41:02 AM

AK74u rapid fire for a primary gun is all I have to say. Don't listen to anyone who calls you a noob. Also, if you're using Ghost/Hacker, get pro, the effects are too great to pass up.
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:56:52 AM

Ugh, the AK74U can go jump off a cliff.
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:43:29 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
Ugh, the AK74U can go jump off a cliff.

If you don't like it so much than what do you suggest?Glare
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:14:27 AM

I just think it's a crutch gun, meaning it takes no skill to pick up and be good with because it's overpowered and the recoil is nil. I just hate seeing everyone running around with one of those, that's all.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:15:52 PM

Demosthenes wrote:
I just think it's a crutch gun, meaning it takes no skill to pick up and be good with because it's overpowered and the recoil is nil. I just hate seeing everyone running around with one of those, that's all.

That's exactly the same way I feel about the FAMAS. If you want to complain about a "crutch gun," it's the FAMAS, not the AK74u. I feel the same about camping, too; it takes no skill to hide in a corner hard-scoping the only entrance to/walkway past a room/area and shooting people as they go by. Nothing pisses me off more than a hard-core camper.
Segastorm
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:19:16 PM

Yet no one mentions the AUG
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:07:20 PM

Segastorm wrote:
Yet no one mentions the AUG

Well, the AUG and the FAMAS are basically identical except for the fact that the AUG is slightly less accurate (according to the class load-out). If you're using the AUG, you might as well be using the FAMAS.
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:48:53 PM

I agree the Famas is a crutch gun as well, but in reality, what good AR do you get to use in the early levels? The M16? Not if you want to lay down a lot of fire in a short amount of time. The Enfield? Pfft, piece of crap. The Famas is your only option. I usually use the Famas or the Galil until level 38 when I get my AK, then it's no looking back, lol.