RegisterDonateLogin

More protein than a Gimer Stick.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

1st Annual WAMPA Stompa 3-Day Event - OCTOBER 14-16, 2011 - UPDATED WITH BANE PRINT by Brent Woodside! Options
swrogue57
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 8:13:11 AM
Groups: Member

First I'd like to say "Thank You!" to all of you who gave me feedback when we first came up with the idea of this tournament. You guys ROCK!! This really is a great community, and I am proud to be a part of it. Unfortunately, I am unable to make it to Gencon this year, so we wanted to put together a tournament with a National/Regional tournament flavor, but in the off-season. That is why we decided to put together this tournament. It will give everyone a chance to build their best squads using R&R and BoT and run them in a more competitive environment. We wanted to make it far enough AFTER R&R and BoT came out that everyone had some time to develop some competitive squads, but not so far after that it started to run into the holiday season. I think that October is the perfect time. We also realize that many people (myself included) are excited about the upcoming EPIC DUOS set that is coming out. So we wanted to find a way to work that into this event. So, the plan is to run THREE tournaments on THREE consecutive days. Right now is planned for a Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday.

The first tournament (EPIC DUOS) is planned for Friday October 14th at 7pm. The games should be able to be played fast enough that we can finish the whole tournament in 4 hours. The goal right now is to have a complete set of EPIC DUOS customs to give away as part of the prize support, depending on turnout of course.

The second tournament (200pt constructed/possibly Mystery Map if Matt can swing it) will begin on Saturday October 15th at 11am. Depending on how many show, we plan on giving away a complete set of R&R customs and possibly a complete set of BoT customs.

The third tournament will be a 300pt EPIC Fantastic Four. Your squad must contain exactly one (1) EPIC figure and three (3) other figures not to exceed 300 pts. There will also be other customs (R&R, BoT, and/or EPICs) to given away at this tournament.

Where:
Comics and Gaming
7556 Gardner Park Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155

When:
Friday, October 14th, 2011 (Epic Duos Restricted Map List) - Registration begins at 6pm, event at 7pm
Saturday, October 15th, 2011 (200pt Constructed Restricted Map List) - Registration begins at 10am, event at 11am
Sunday, October 16th, 2011 (300pt EPIC Fantastic Four Restricted Map List) - Registration begins at 10am, event at 11am

Cost:
Friday - $10
Saturday - $15
Sunday - $15

Prize support:
Friday - COMPLETE SET(S) OF EPIC DUOS CUSTOMS (depending on attendance), Store Credit, and some other fun stuff....
Saturday - Force FX Lightsaber, Awesome signed Brent Woodside Prints, COMPLETE SET(S) OF R&R AND BoT CUSTOMS (depending on attendance), Store Credit, and some other fun stuff....
Sunday - Awesome signed Brent Woodside Prints, R&R and/or BoT and/or EPICs CUSTOMS (depending on attendance), Store Credit, and some other fun stuff....

Tournament Organizers: Roy Scales, Kris Soehnlin, and Ian Gordon

Judges: Roy Scales, Kris Soehnlin, and Ian Gordon

Sponsor:
Comics and Gaming
7556 Gardner Park Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155
571-248-6722
http://www.comics-gaming.com/

Edited on 10/09/2011 10:40 PM ET to include some info on the Sunday tournament.
swrogue57
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:32:21 PM

BUMP!!
jak
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 12:15:39 AM

ThumpUp that's about 6 hours away!
that may be doable Unsure
I'd like to volunteer to make a custom for the tournament(check my custom thread)Cool
swrogue57
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 12:42:42 PM

Thanks jak! We would be grateful for any help you can give making customs. DarthMalus is in charge of getting customs made for this tournament. He will contact you soon and let you know which ones we still need help with.

Roy (drkjedi35 on swmgamers.com)
Jester007
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:29:48 AM

Ok, just here to make an update. I have commissioned a professional artist to make a picture of Darth Bane when he has his orbalisks as prize support. If your interested in seeing some of his work, here's his website:

http://www.brentwoodside.com

The level of detail of the Bane picture will be on par with that of the picture "Roll Initiative" if you can find that on the web site. He has done a lot of fantasy pictures for D&D, but he is very familiar with Star Wars. I will be posting updates of the picture as it progresses so everyone can see how its turning out. Cheers!

Sincerely,
Jester007
jak
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 10:30:52 AM

posted picts of some o' the prize minis on R&R custom thread as well as on Jak's custom thread.
Jester007
Posted: Sunday, September 4, 2011 1:20:23 PM

Ok, just here to give an update. Our event(s) will be on Friday, Saturday AND Sunday October 14-16. My group has been discussing what tournament format(s) we are going to run on Sunday. We'll keep you all posted once a decision has been made. Cheers!

Sincerely,
Jester007
jak
Posted: Monday, September 5, 2011 3:17:42 AM

I've got mine minis finished.
anybody else making minis for the WAMPA?OMG
Jester007
Posted: Monday, September 5, 2011 5:00:34 PM

jak wrote:
I've got mine minis finished.
anybody else making minis for the WAMPA?OMG

Yup, I've been working on customs for:

Mace
Zannah
Celeste Morne
Epic Bane
Master Thon
Wookie jedi
Vong Slayers
Mandalore the First
Talz Pirates
Yun-Yammka Fanatics
Gray Jedi/Jedi Diplomats
And others

I'll post pics once I get most of them done. There's 3-4 other guys working on customs as well. We want to make sure everyone who shows up walks away with some cool stuff.

As a reminder, there's going to be a professionally made picture of Darth Bane in his Orbalisks up for prize support. I'll keep you all posted as that develops. Cheers!

Sincerely,
Jester007
jak
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2011 2:20:38 AM

what up with Sunday's games?Confused

looking to book a hotel so I'd like to know.ThumbsUp
swrogue57
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:51:32 PM

I'm starting to get really excited about this event! I just updated the first post to show that we will be running tournaments for 3 days. I hope we can get a good turnout for each event. This weekend we will finalize the format for the Sunday tournament and update the thread.

We have been hard at work for the last couple of months working on quality customs for R&R, BoT, and EPICs to give away at the tournaments. I have seen most of them, and they are look great! Kris Soenhlin (DarthMalus), Ian Gordon (jester007), Marcous Morton, jak, and myself are all donating figures. We even have a Terentatek coming from Abiwan. If you haven't seen it, check out this link (http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12591). I'm going to be making a thread over the weekend where we will be posting all of the customs that we have done so far so that you guys can see what we've been up to and what you'll be playing for.

Ian has also commissioned Brent Woodside to make a one-of-a-kind Darth Bane print to give away. He did a licensed print for Star Wars Celebration V last year, as well as quite a bit of D&D type artwork. I have seen some of his stuff, so I expect this to be an amazing print! Brent said he would send us some pics of his progress, and we will also be posting those when we get them. If you want to see some of his work, check out his website here. (http://brentwoodside.com/)

These are just some of the things we'll be giving away over the weekend. Hopefully we have a big enough turnout to give everything away. Our goal is to make this an annual event. But its up to you guys. Let us know if you have any more questions and we'll do the best we can to answer them quickly.

Thanks,
swrogue57
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2011 12:23:06 PM

The Sunday tournament will be a 300pt EPIC Fantastic Four Tournament. Your squad must contain exactly 1 EPIC and 3 other figures not to exceed 300pts. I updated the first post in the thread to reflect this.
swrogue57
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:30:11 AM

The link below will show you all of the customs that we have completed so far for the tournaments. I will update it as we complete the rest.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=10141
swrogue57
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:11:02 AM

Looks like we have posted pictures of about 75% of all the customs we'll be giving away. I'm trying to get them posted as soon as they are completed. The Terentatek should be arriving from Abiwan sometime this week and I'll post pics of that as soon as we get it. Or you could take a look at Abiwan's custom thread.

adidamps2
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:11:38 AM

swrogue57 wrote:
The Sunday tournament will be a 300pt EPIC Fantastic Four Tournament. Your squad must contain exactly 1 EPIC and 3 other figures not to exceed 300pts. I updated the first post in the thread to reflect this.
"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!"
jak
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:10:42 AM

I will be sending the firebreather that is shown in the post of the same name under customs, so that pic can be used if you'd like.ThumpUp
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:57:36 AM

jak wrote:
I will be sending the firebreather that is shown in the post of the same name under customs, so that pic can be used if you'd like.ThumpUp

Sending? Don't you mean "hand delivering"?
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:24:25 PM

In the Epic Fantastic Four, will Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter's: Disintegration be allowed?
swrogue57
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:39:15 AM

No. Epic Duos and Epic Fantastic Four will follow the Dynamic Duos rules with a few exceptions. It's 200pts or less for Epic Duos and 300pts or less for Epic Fantastic Four. I both tournaments, Special Abilities and Force Powers that affect initiative are ignored and override cannot be used. Other rules to remember from Dynamic Duos are you always activate one mini on your turn, disintegration as well as reinforcements/reserves are ignored. You can use a character with these abilities, you just won't be getting any additional minis in the tournament.

juice man
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:34:50 AM

Yea! Thanks for the sumation too.