RegisterDonateLogin

The possibility of successfully navigating this site is approximately 3,720 to one.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Changes Coming - SHNN Tonight Options
fingersandteeth
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 6:49:49 AM
Groups: Member

billiv15 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
FYI, Ysalimari wasn't changed back to the old wording. It has new wording, with some new interactions.

Yes, it's not exactly the same. Main difference I believe is affect verses target with force powers.

that's the only difference.

jen'ari
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 7:20:41 AM

Got home last night and called up Sithbot. He told me the changes and stuff, I was excited.
Than he said some guest was talking negatively about the decision to make 2 pt pieces and was blocked from the chat room. Than the dude kept coming back in as a guest and was at that point starting to act irrationally (trolling).

The question came up of who it was and theHutts promptly threw my name out there. Also Darth Juice or Darth J(something, sorry! dont recall the name and Sithbot was unsure) apparently backed me up that I have been more supportive, so thank you for that!
Quite honestly I was a bit offended. Once again I was going to send all this in a private message but it was made public last night so might as well keep it that way.

Lets go ahead and say it. Most of these changes would have never happened if the people that have been making complaints did not have support from others in the community. Others inside and outside the realm of the "design team"
Without people getting onto bloomilk and "fighting the fight" nothing was going to get done because the people making the complaints would have just been shut down like they have been for 5 YEARS!! (and as I feel were doing to Lou's original post) So really, whether you like or not theHutts, I have been a (small, medium, large (who knows)) force for change (healthy change). It might have taken a long long time for others to see what I have been seeing for many years, but it has happened. And it has placed some faith in the design team that they are listening, something that literally has never been there before. The new play testing design looks awesome, changes did happen, etc. But things like bashing other people will destroy that faith as soon as it comes.

The changes are wonderful! it is a large step. Thanks for doing that, it is bold to make those decisions
Mando
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 7:36:19 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Got home last night and called up Sithbot. He told me the changes and stuff, I was excited.
Than he said some guest was talking negatively about the decision to make 2 pt pieces and was blocked from the chat room. Than the dude kept coming back in as a guest and was at that point starting to act irrationally (trolling).

The question came up of who it was and theHutts promptly threw my name out there. Also Darth Juice or Darth J(something, sorry! dont recall the name and Sithbot was unsure) apparently backed me up that I have been more supportive, so thank you for that!
Quite honestly I was a bit offended. Once again I was going to send all this in a private message but it was made public last night so might as well keep it that way.

Lets go ahead and say it. Most of these changes would have never happened if the people that have been making complaints did not have support from others in the community. Others inside and outside the realm of the "design team"
Without people getting onto bloomilk and "fighting the fight" nothing was going to get done because the people making the complaints would have just been shut down like they have been for 5 YEARS!! (and as I feel were doing to Lou's original post) So really, whether you like or not theHutts, I have been a (small, medium, large (who knows)) force for change (healthy change). It might have taken a long long time for others to see what I have been seeing for many years, but it has happened. And it has placed some faith in the design team that they are listening, something that literally has never been there before. The new play testing design looks awesome, changes did happen, etc. But things like bashing other people will destroy that faith as soon as it comes.

The changes are wonderful! it is a large step. Thanks for doing that, it is bold to make those decisions

You do realize that no one on the show gave the reckless specualtion of who the trolling guest was the time of day right? So as far as your name being out there in the public, the only person I see doing that is you with this post. For most of the bloomilk community, no one would have even known that TheHutt's speculated it might be you, because the guys on the show didn't even mention any names. also in the chat people confirmed that it of course wasn't you. Maybe the part in the post about this really would have been better as a pm. Unsure

Anyways, to echo your sentiments I also am really happy with the changes. Not sure the Klat Assassin was as big a issue, but if that was something everyone wanted dealt with who am i to argue. most people don't know whats coming in Vset 10 and I think that set had some solid counters to the Klat Assassin so i think it was a bit premature to ban him before people put V10 into practice. The change to Ysalmiri is realy huge for this game and I think we'll see jedi squads start to flourish more now! And thank goodness there is no more Poggle to deal with. 2pt drones was bad enough in a faction with san hill which also has access to 2pt mouse droids. I liked the intent behind rapport, but unfortunately it is mainly used for the drones, because SD 20 on a 2pt piece is just too good to pass up.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 8:26:39 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

fingersandteeth wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
FYI, Ysalimari wasn't changed back to the old wording. It has new wording, with some new interactions.

Yes, it's not exactly the same. Main difference I believe is affect verses target with force powers.

that's the only difference.

1) As it currently stands in it's yet-to-be-published by the rules rep form, no characters in the bubble can be affected by any Force power. Not even one of their own affecting themselves and that doesn't require spending Force points. That's different.

2) As has been discussed, the biggest change is that characters outside the bubble can respond using Force to attacks/abilities from characters within the bubble, to the extent that said response does not affect a character in the bubble.

A FAQ will be forthcoming to address a few interactions that could use some clarification, for sake of convenience.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 8:28:00 AM

Mando wrote:

You do realize that no one on the show gave the reckless specualtion of who the trolling guest was the time of day right? So as far as your name being out there in the public, the only person I see doing that is you with this post. For most of the bloomilk community, no one would have even known that TheHutt's speculated it might be you, because the guys on the show didn't even mention any names. also in the chat people confirmed that it of course wasn't you. Maybe the part in the post about this really would have been better as a pm. Unsure

sorry. Let me clarify, the people talking on the show did not bring up anything about it. It was in the chat room that sithbot was in. Thank you mando, for making sure that was known.

If you were there and saw it why go out of your way to bring this back on me? it was rude for him to say that was it not? if so, you should talk to him about it.

As far as sending a pm.. screw that. If he is going to let his animosity out in a (lets call it semi-public) format than I find it important to call him out for it in a semi-public (albeit more public) format.
countrydude82487
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 8:53:00 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Mando wrote:

sorry. Let me clarify, the people talking on the show did not bring up anything about it. It was in the chat room that sithbot was in. Thank you mando, for making sure that was known.

If you were there and saw it why go out of your way to bring this back on me? it was rude for him to say that was it not? if so, you should talk to him about it.

As far as sending a pm.. screw that. If he is going to let his animosity out in a (lets call it semi-public) format than I find it important to call him out for it in a semi-public (albeit more public) format.

Lets Not let this go to an Argument here. I was the One Who Defended you Jen'ari. I am Darthjawa on There and Gamers.

I dont think that The Hutts meant it as slander. We just had a person last night that was a dissident, and trying to rabble rouse. We did not know who it was as they kept logging in on guest names.

Sithborg
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 9:06:16 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

jen'ari wrote:

Not here. This isn't the place for you to air your personal greivances. Especially from another place.
Mando
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 9:12:57 AM

countrydude82487 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Mando wrote:

Lets Not let this go to an Argument here. I was the One Who Defended you Jen'ari. I am Darthjawa on There and Gamers.

I dont think that The Hutts meant it as slander. We just had a person last night that was a dissident, and trying to rabble rouse. We did not know who it was as they kept logging in on guest names.

I also was in the chat last night. My screen name on talkshoe and on Gamers is obikenobi1, and when it came up in the chat with the speculation going, I typed "no clue" because i didn't want to partake in that kinda talk, and thankfully neither did the show's hosts.

I just find it confusing Jen'ari that you'd bring this up here on bloomilk which is a much more public setting to call out theHutts but also bring up something that only a handful of people saw, but now more people are seeing. You don't need to take it so personally, because it makes the situation seem much worse than it was for both parties involved. I am not trying to disparrage you, just trying to prevent you from making a bigger mess out of this and leading to a toxic environment. People in the chat were actually talking about how excited you were about the changes, so I think besides that brief speculation on who it might be, i think overall you were put in a good light. It'd be best not not let it get to ya. Wink

The contributions from people like you Jenari and also a lot of other people are appreciated! I know from being on the PT committee for V10 a lot of the issues that have been brought up over the years by you and others were talked about, such as making melee more viable. This game is in a good spot right now, and the last thing i think we all want is people getting hurt feelings over small slips of the keyboard. I don't think theHutts meant to slander you at all. It was just a brief instance of reckless speculation and we've all done it before at one point or another and we all wish we hadn't. So best thing to do is forgive and forget. ThumbsUp
Jonnyb815
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 9:34:55 AM

It was all my fault lets move on. I am the one to blame lol.

As far as the changes good for the health of the game.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 9:49:58 AM

Why can't you listen to last nights show is there a reason? Most the time the recording shows up within an hour.
SignerJ
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 10:20:25 AM

swinefeld wrote:
1) As it currently stands in it's yet-to-be-published by the rules rep form, no characters in the bubble can be affected by any Force power. Not even one of their own affecting themselves and that doesn't require spending Force points. That's different.

So Force Renewal is neutered? I'd say that's a problem, but I guess it makes sense, both wording-wise and universe-wise.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 10:59:05 AM

SignerJ wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

So Force Renewal is neutered? I'd say that's a problem, but I guess it makes sense, both wording-wise and universe-wise.

I'm looking at the interactions within the bubble more closely before calling the wording 100% final and posting it. But yes, that keeps things about as simple as can be.

2) as I posted above will definitely not change - that was the main goal.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 12:06:05 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Again, this is not the place to dish out any personal beefs you may have, over something that happened on another site. Take it to PM or another site.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 12:15:29 PM

Agreed, the bickering, finger pointing and anger needs to stop. Everybody love everybody and be the bigger man and all that. Changes were made to make the majority of players happy and we need to go back to the positive idea-making community instead of attacking designers for doing what's actually a pretty hard job I imagine. So no more angry posts from anybody about anything please? It's time to bring back the positive attitude instead of negativity which just poisons these boards and by extension the game.
jak
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 12:26:15 PM

I smell a locked thread coming soon
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 4:52:01 PM

Mando
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 5:09:13 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I9hS4vQQb0

This is probably the coolest video I've seen all year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really good stuff man!

ThumbsUp ThumpUp
juice man
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 5:20:39 PM

Mando wrote:
kezzamachine wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I9hS4vQQb0

This is probably the coolest video I've seen all year!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really good stuff man!ThumbsUp ThumpUp
That will be in my head for a while!ThumpUp ThumbsUp
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 5:31:50 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Again, this is not the place to dish out any personal beefs you may have, over something that happened on another site. Take it to PM or another site.

Again, I was not even being personal. I was making a comment about the "country club" elite that really need to think about things before blindly defending each other. Which you are a part of.

And once again, I will not bring it up again. It is no longer worth it to me to try and help fix the problems here. Anytime I speak I am branded as an evil person.

I hope everything works out. I will be taking a back seat (not if anyone cares) but pure positivity sets up a false reality. I hope you all can see that and be careful with the designs.

i wish you the best in your endeavors!
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 5:37:51 PM