RegisterDonateLogin

The possibility of successfully navigating this site is approximately 3,720 to one.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Changes Coming - SHNN Tonight Options
jak
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 6:09:18 PM
Groups: Member

kezzamachine wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-03NV_zMIZU

Confused shameless self promotion????
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 6:13:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Thank you Kez for putting the thread back on topic, sort of. More than it was anyway. Smile
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 6:27:46 PM

jak wrote:
kezzamachine wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-03NV_zMIZU

Confused shameless self promotion????

Totally shameless!
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 6:45:54 PM

Shameless? Dude, you're a genius!! I'm gonna have to find a way to get a ringtone of that song!
Darth_Jim
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 7:23:54 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Shameless? Dude, you're a genius!! I'm gonna have to find a way to get a ringtone of that song!

Sounds to me like an official GenCon trip starter...get that on a flash drive and we'll plug it into my car's hard drive in the stereo.
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 7:39:42 PM

My next album: "GenCon Roadtrip Mixtape"
Darth_Jim
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 7:44:20 PM

jen'ari wrote:
but pure positivity sets up a false reality.

There is truth in that statement. The problem is, being sarcastic, derisive and mocking does nothing but bring more division. That's what last night's troll was doing. He brought no argument or discussion to the group, only faceless cowardly insults.

For what it's worth Jenari, that has never been your M.O. We may not agree on stuff, but I for one will welcome a healthy back and forth in the chat, even if folks don't agree. That's how these changes came about, which you alluded to. The community appreciates everyone working together even if we don't all agree, or all get what we want. Thanks to you personally for making that effort.

What I'm not going to tolerate on the show is the kind of trolling we saw last night. So, whoever it was...and I know you'll read this because that's what trolls do, expect more of the same from me. All it takes is a left mouse click, and there's nothing you can do about it. You may get an initial insult in, so make it a good one. Last night you didn't get any laughs or support. You did notice that, didn't you?
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 9:57:45 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I9hS4vQQb0

Hahahaha I actually miss Poggle and this was still brilliant. Well done
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 10:01:07 PM

[quote=kezzamachine]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-03NV_zMIZU[/quote
Love it! Poor Klats just wanted to have fun!
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, June 6, 2015 6:51:09 AM

If you want to download a video file of Kez' song, or else just an mp3 (for your phone), click here.

Enjoy!
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2015 3:51:32 PM

So if my mini (outside the bubble) shoots at someone "in the bubble", and misses, can my mini (with Force) re-roll its attack?
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2015 5:32:03 PM

Jen'ari, I don't know if it helps at this point, but I was engaged in real life all weekend and didn't get a chance to come on and apologise. I think Mando's description of reckless speculation is accurate, and it was based on the fact that you'd expressed interest on being on the chat in this thread, rather than on the posting style of the person online; I regret speculating, as it's not a mature thing to do, but it was much more a reflex answer to a question than any kind of pre-meditated attack. Apologies for any hurt that I caused - it wasn't intended as a personal attack, just an answer to the question.

To keep the thread on track, I'm excited for the changes. I think that maybe there are a few more pieces that I'd like to see tested/amended, but it's a really good start, and these are all pieces that have been around for a while and have lots of data, and everyone has a solid opinion on them. It's easy to have a knee-jerk reaction to a new piece, and it's much easier to form a sensible opinion on something that's been around for a while. I'm interested to see what the meta looks like in upcoming Regionals, GenCon, and the NZ Nationals. I think Seps still have plenty of good stuff, and that Ysalamari is still a very strong SA, but it hopefully evens up the playing field a bit.
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2015 5:54:28 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
So if my mini (outside the bubble) shoots at someone "in the bubble", and misses, can my mini (with Force) re-roll its attack?

Yes.
atmsalad
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2015 6:11:20 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Jen'ari, I don't know if it helps at this point, but I was engaged in real life all weekend and didn't get a chance to come on and apologise. I think Mando's description of reckless speculation is accurate, and it was based on the fact that you'd expressed interest on being on the chat in this thread, rather than on the posting style of the person online; I regret speculating, as it's not a mature thing to do, but it was much more a reflex answer to a question than any kind of pre-meditated attack. Apologies for any hurt that I caused - it wasn't intended as a personal attack, just an answer to the question.

Now that is a class act +1
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2015 6:42:16 PM

atmsalad wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

Now that is a class act +1

That is NZ for you, class acts all the way around!
greentime
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 3:59:59 AM

I am very, very happy to see Poggle finally get the banhammer - and that's coming from the person who probably played more games with him than anyone else. Good riddance to the Klat assassin, too. The ysalamiri changes make sense seeing as how popular Talon Karrde squads seem to be. I wish silly virtual Panaka had gotten nerfed too, but even I will admit that he isn't nearly as bad as Poggle/klats.

So, hey, bravo competitive balance team!
Jonnyb815
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2015 8:57:40 PM

Where is the new wording of Ysalamiri? are the floor rules and FAQ updated to show the changes?